Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Firmware for FZ20

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,777
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Firmware for FZ20

    Anyone here knows how to check the camera firmware for your FZ20?

    With the FZ10 - Set to play mode then press review and the burst mode simultaneously. But this does not work with the FZ20, and the Panasonic people says it is trade secret and will not tell you how.

  2. #2

    Default

    firmware is important leh ....how come Panasonic said is trade secret !!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,777
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by club_de_oldman
    firmware is important leh ....how come Panasonic said is trade secret !!!
    Exactly. If you don't know your firmware version, how would you know whether to upgrade or not. Anyhow, I heard they are coming out with a new firmware for the FZ20. I suppose, they want all owners to bring in their cameras so that cannot cheat on their warranty.

  4. #4

    Default

    I notice most camera maker promote alot on firmware, selling their after sale service...but Pan .. anyway hope they come out firmware for FZ10 too

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by club_de_oldman
    I notice most camera maker promote alot on firmware, selling their after sale service...but Pan .. anyway hope they come out firmware for FZ10 too
    Err! I think they didn't test their firmware properly la..... Just like M$ software, updates and upgrades until sianz! patch until my hdd full liao.....

  6. #6

    Default

    HaHaHa like SP2

    hmmm.. so Pan firmware is perfect liao

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Sorry... blur sotong here... Is there such a thing as upgrading the software in the camera? Who usually inform the users when there's an upgrade?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten
    Anyone here knows how to check the camera firmware for your FZ20?

    With the FZ10 - Set to play mode then press review and the burst mode simultaneously.
    don't work on my fz10 leh?
    Nikon D5000, D70; Nikon 18-55, 18-70, 70-300; Sigma 18-250, 50-500.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happytikus
    Sorry... blur sotong here... Is there such a thing as upgrading the software in the camera? Who usually inform the users when there's an upgrade?
    For camera, it's firmware. Currently none for Lumix! The software I mentioned are computer software, eg the operating system!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,777
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldman
    don't work on my fz10 leh?
    Works on some FZ10 cameras only. I think your camera not so lucky.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,777
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Anybody knows how to checjk firmware veersion for the FZ20? Supposed to be Panasonic trade secret. Wondering if they have firmware upgrade for this cam?

  12. #12

    Default

    I think firmware can easily update features like Shutter Priority (extend from 8 secs to 16 secs maybe?)

    stuff like that should be very easy to accomplish.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    8,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten
    Works on some FZ10 cameras only. I think your camera not so lucky.
    Mine work, can see the firmware..

  14. #14

    Default

    This thread "How to check FZ10/FZ20 firmware version?" is still in the Lumix FAQs 2. Camera Guide, and 8. Firmware.

    But, I think the more appropriate thread would be -
    "What is your Firmware version?"

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Firmware for FZ20

    Hi,

    I'm new here.

    Well, I use iPhoto most of the time for casual photos. iPhoto's information pane shows the firmware version at the bottom. Mine is 1.0.

    Is this what you want to know? I unfortunately don't know how to check on the camera body. But I know it is not a COMPANY SECRET at all.

    Cheers,

    JH

  16. #16

    Default Re: Firmware for FZ20

    Quote Originally Posted by ZinY
    This thread "How to check FZ10/FZ20 firmware version?" is still in the Lumix FAQs 2. Camera Guide, and 8. Firmware.

    But, I think the more appropriate thread would be -
    "What is your Firmware version?"
    Thanks for the head up, updated FAQ liao...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •