Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

  1. #1

    Default [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

    Hi bros/ sis,

    I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section, please pardon me if I did.

    Was having a photoshoot outing with my friends at Bukit Timah Railway Station but in the midst of our shoot, there's a heavy rain pour.

    As a result, my D3000 was slightly drenched despite me keeping it in the camera bag immediately.

    My d3000 was stuck in the flash mode selection screen after the following startup and it remains stuck even thou I restart the camera.

    Photo attached for your reference


    Guru please advice how can I rectify the problem.

    Thank you.

  2. #2

    Default

    Which mode are you on?


    Press the "i" button on your camera, go to the thunderbolt icon and select OK. Off flash.

  3. #3

    Default Re: [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Which mode are you on?


    Press the "i" button on your camera, go to the thunderbolt icon and select OK. Off flash.
    I'm on Aperture mode during the shoot, tried rotating all the scene and press all the buttons but still stuck.

    Tired your method but doesn't work bro.. Now I can only use the scroll wheel to select "flash only", "flash with red eye" and "rear flash".

    Isit because the rainwater get into either of the button and cause it to stuck?

  4. #4
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfaith View Post
    I'm on Aperture mode during the shoot, tried rotating all the scene and press all the buttons but still stuck.

    Tired your method but doesn't work bro.. Now I can only use the scroll wheel to select "flash only", "flash with red eye" and "rear flash".

    Isit because the rainwater get into either of the button and cause it to stuck?
    Try removing the battery... if still cannot.. then have to sent to NSC....
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

  5. #5

    Default Re: [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

    Quote Originally Posted by jas1984 View Post
    Try removing the battery... if still cannot.. then have to sent to NSC....
    still the same.. Is there any master reset for D3000?

  6. #6
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfaith View Post
    still the same.. Is there any master reset for D3000?
    Hey Bro.. try this.. if still cannot better sent to NSC... if not can sent to alan photo for repair...

    https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/...fault-settings
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

  7. #7

    Default Re: [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

    Quote Originally Posted by jas1984 View Post
    Hey Bro.. try this.. if still cannot better sent to NSC... if not can sent to alan photo for repair...

    https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/...fault-settings
    Any idea how much would the repair cost will be?

  8. #8
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfaith View Post
    Any idea how much would the repair cost will be?
    Bro.. water damage is not under warranty... you have to sent in ur equipment to check then they can give you a price...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

  9. #9
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

    NSC Service Hotline 6 5596 363 (Nikon Service Centre)

    Alan Photo Trading 6883 0922

    Try give them a call first.. hope this information able to help you...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

  10. #10

    Default Re: [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

    It's highly possible that some water went into your camera circuit and screw up some stuff. Since D3k is not weather sealed. My D5000 is a tough one, been through most weather conditions and still works. Before sending to NSC, try putting infront of a high speed fan for maybe 24 hours, things might change, for me least. Electronics love to toy with us

  11. #11
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfaith View Post
    Hi bros/ sis,

    I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section, please pardon me if I did.

    Was having a photoshoot outing with my friends at Bukit Timah Railway Station but in the midst of our shoot, there's a heavy rain pour.

    As a result, my D3000 was slightly drenched despite me keeping it in the camera bag immediately.

    My d3000 was stuck in the flash mode selection screen after the following startup and it remains stuck even thou I restart the camera.

    Photo attached for your reference

    Guru please advice how can I rectify the problem.

    Thank you.
    Turn off power, remove the battery. Stick everything into the dry cab, set the humidity to minimum (20-30% RH).

    If you do not have a dry cab, place your camera in the bucket where your family store uncooked rice. Or if you have a dry box, put it in the dry box with extra silica gel.

    Remove from dry cab/ rice bucket / dry box and test again after 8 hours.

  12. #12
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: [Help needed] D3000 stuck in flash selection mode

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Turn off power, remove the battery. Stick everything into the dry cab, set the humidity to minimum (20-30% RH).

    If you do not have a dry cab, place your camera in the bucket where your family store uncooked rice. Or if you have a dry box, put it in the dry box with extra silica gel.

    Remove from dry cab/ rice bucket / dry box and test again after 8 hours.
    Who knows... maybe it will work... if sent to NSC confirm must pay...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •