Thread: Eurail pass, reservation charges questions

Default Eurail pass, reservation charges questions

I am thinking of getting a Eurail pass but is confused by the reservation charges.

Lets say I am thinking of travelling from Florence to Zurich with a change of train at Milan.

Italy charges 10euros for reservation so my question is that do I need to pay 20 euros for the above trip or 10 euros? Do they count the journey as two legs and charge me 20 euros or just 10 euros?

Default Re: Eurail pass, reservation charges questions

Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    I am thinking of getting a Eurail pass but is confused by the reservation charges.

Lets say I am thinking of travelling from Florence to Zurich with a change of train at Milan.

Italy charges 10euros for reservation so my question is that do I need to pay 20 euros for the above trip or 10 euros? Do they count the journey as two legs and charge me 20 euros or just 10 euros?
    If I am not wrong it's per leg/per reservation so it will add up. If there's many timing, usually reservation is not required unless u sit in First Class. I booked and reserved mine when i went Eastern Europe through Gulliver's travel at Caltex Building i think. They used to be Thomas Cook (upstairs... cant rem which floor already).