Thread: Recommendation for small tripod (approx 20-30cm long when packed)

Default Recommendation for small tripod (approx 20-30cm long when packed)

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a very portable (preferably can fit in a day-pack) and light tripod that is still reasonably useful for photography?

The smallest one I have seen is 15cm tall and practically useless for anything more than desktop photographs... The next smallet one i found was a medium 40cm tall tripod, which is too big to for a bag.

Thanks for the suggestion, but i need something bigger so i can prop it on the grass and take landscape... Actually, I feel that i'm asking for the impossible...

The last I saw a tripod matching your description, is at a camera shop at the rear of Lucky Plaza (near to Lords but further away from main entrance to Lucky Plaza) Brand name is either Tristar or Tanner. Tripod is made of metal and weighed around 650g. When not in use, it folds up into height around 28cm. This tripod is more suited for simple P&S digital camera use.

You did not mention cost. I use a Leitz tripod. Small and light. But tough! It is basically a tabletop tripod, but with some ingenuity, can be used for landscape when you can locate a place to put the tripod.

Thanks guys. I will check out Lucky Plaza.. hopefully, it doesn't end up being a 'chop head' experience...

Oh yes, cost is a big issue!! I may end up using my regular tripod after all; just find it inconvenient to hang it on my cam-bag...

do u where to get that in SG? and the cost? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by student
    You did not mention cost. I use a Leitz tripod. Small and light. But tough! It is basically a tabletop tripod, but with some ingenuity, can be used for landscape when you can locate a place to put the tripod.