Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 136

Thread: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Just being very curious, why do these presentations need your mobile phone to be switched off??
    Simple... cos those presentations are playing mind games with you and require your concentration.... if phone suddenly rings, too bad... chain of thought broken....

  2. #102

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Was just in town just now and saw a middle aged shirted guy outside heeren selling his time share plan to a young couple.... This time its alittle different as he was selling it there and then.. Overheard him saying Transferable one....

  3. #103

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Just to share....

    A few years back, my friend and me came across this classified ad that was looking for promoters (we were looking for a part time job). So we went for the interview that was at the building beside OG, arrived at the waiting area and to our suprise there was alot of people waiting too...the place was nicely furnished too.

    ok so finally we were told to move into another room, this room was quite big and had plenty of tables and chairs with blue cushions (I assume this is the room whereby they brain wash people with their 3hr talk). Our turn came, and this lady which was quite plum interviewed us..telling us what we needed to do, "Very simple one, just bring the customer here and all they need to do is to listen to the 40min introduction and they will get the prize/free gift" she also promised very flexible working hours and high commisson, ok at this point I smelled something fishy and in the back of my mind I was like...riiiight I am not coming back here anymore.

  4. #104

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Don't blame those working one la. Want to tekan, tekan those on top one.

  5. #105

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    When i shared what with my friend what i encountered and told them that timeshare promotion is a scam, then 2 of them have been, and 1 said it is okay to go, and best way to punish them is to take the gift and leave, and the other one who also be there, said it is not a scam, only a smart way to do business and argue with me if it is a scam, government won't allow it till now..

    I got two questions:
    1. I really think since it is a known scam, don't even trade your time or whatever with the promised gift, somehow, when you attend that, you are making the timeshare event goes on.

    2. Why government didn't take actions? is it just a smart way to do business?

    Well, to me, we have a responsibility to tell people what is right and what is not, I will feel my friends are defending it since they have been there. It really puzzles me how people reacts to it...

  6. #106

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Its just as how my army friends were when they were in this MLM. It was some vaccum cleaner that costs 2000 dollars. Many of them had to take it from savings or parents to buy it believing in the plan as laid out that they would be making at least 10 of thousands in no time.

    One day their ring leader who happened to be my dept clerk gave me the "talk" when we were doing duty together. When I admantly refused to join, he scolded me saying that I was stupid and wasting this chance to make big bucks. In the end I heard that they all made big losses....

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Its just as how my army friends were when they were in this MLM. It was some vaccum cleaner that costs 2000 dollars. Many of them had to take it from savings or parents to buy it believing in the plan as laid out that they would be making at least 10 of thousands in no time.

    One day their ring leader who happened to be my dept clerk gave me the "talk" when we were doing duty together. When I admantly refused to join, he scolded me saying that I was stupid and wasting this chance to make big bucks. In the end I heard that they all made big losses....
    MLM not as bad as time sharing scam lah...... MLM at least you kena con you can con a few people and hopefully they con a few more and then you recoup your loss and make $$$

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    Don't blame those working one la. Want to tekan, tekan those on top one.
    Personally I dun buy that theory.... If i know my boss cheating people and I still be his ka kia to cheat... morally and legally i am not right also.... so I believe those top and bottom also must tekan.... but then since the bottom ikan billis call me to con me... tekan them first

  9. #109
    Senior Member Ansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land Downunder
    Posts
    2,207

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    Don't blame those working one la. Want to tekan, tekan those on top one.
    I think those at the top are pretty untouchable. They company is probably owned by people who appoint proxies. You may never know who are the real culprits.

  10. #110
    Kinki
    Guests

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Quote Originally Posted by siron
    you were very lucky and smart not to fall into this scam.... poor me. Till now still living in a nightmare that anytime this will surface! But i am firm...Will not want to pay anymore single cents to this crappy company!

    These people deserved to be punished!! serverly!!


    Hi Siron,
    i fell into the same trap same you, by ERI. i too ignored the letter and stop paying them,
    but recently they asked someone to hand a letter to my house, and according to them they are going to sue me if no payment is made within 7 days, i was scared and those i start to pay again. but i am financially tight. not sure should i stop paying now? do they take any legal action to you ? any advice for me?

  11. #111

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Quote Originally Posted by LENS
    When i shared what with my friend what i encountered and told them that timeshare promotion is a scam, then 2 of them have been, and 1 said it is okay to go, and best way to punish them is to take the gift and leave, and the other one who also be there, said it is not a scam, only a smart way to do business and argue with me if it is a scam, government won't allow it till now..

    I got two questions:
    1. I really think since it is a known scam, don't even trade your time or whatever with the promised gift, somehow, when you attend that, you are making the timeshare event goes on.

    2. Why government didn't take actions? is it just a smart way to do business?

    Well, to me, we have a responsibility to tell people what is right and what is not, I will feel my friends are defending it since they have been there. It really puzzles me how people reacts to it...
    I don't understand your English.

  12. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Jurong East
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Quote Originally Posted by idor
    My 2 cents worth.... still the same as before... you have have tmie to burn, go to their talk, eat the food, drink their drinks, harass them for the free gift they promised... they dun give use the grandmother's technique... keep harassing them... Oh yes... bring your camera... take pics of them... remember to bring in a tape recorder also... after that can sell them the tapes and pics...

    I once got such a call on my cell phone too, I think I was sec 2 then. I answered, the lady said I won 22 rolls of film. I was interested of course, and we talked until she found out I was underaged. Thinking back, I should have called them back again and again to pester them for my rolls of film.

  13. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Katong
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    I answered one call once, thought I'd go down to give a try, wasted 2 hours. Seriously, easiest to con are couples. In search of cheap deals for travelling and holidays, they are the most susceptible to the mind tricks and forced selling techniques used.

  14. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinki
    Hi Siron,
    i fell into the same trap same you, by ERI. i too ignored the letter and stop paying them,
    but recently they asked someone to hand a letter to my house, and according to them they are going to sue me if no payment is made within 7 days, i was scared and those i start to pay again. but i am financially tight. not sure should i stop paying now? do they take any legal action to you ? any advice for me?


    I still ignored them after 2 of that kinda letter.....Dun worry they cannot do anything to you!

  15. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,188

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    My colleague recently also kenna cheated. Worst still, it was her friend make her signing some thing which shouldn't happen in the first place. Here is the story n hope those who read it, beware of your close friend.

    My colleague birthday is coming and so, her friend told her that she pay for her a studio shooting. So, my friend went, happily take photos and after finish, they demand her to pay. She say that since it was a present, why should she pay? They kept her down there for SIX hours without giving her any food or drink! In the end, she cannot take it n sign for the package n pay for it.

    After she confront her friend, she say that she will settle for her. But in the end, she just talk for 5 minutes and then tell the manager to ignore my colleague case n talk abt her commission. My colleague was but she are those soft hearted one. Now, she go to CASE to settle the problem. I also told her that she should report to police as this kind of business is actually cheating.

    So, beware, hardly got free lunch in this world even they are your friends.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  16. #116
    Kinki
    Guests

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Thanks Siron,after hearing so much crapped things abt them, i think i should stop paying. Heard from another friend that the annual maintenance fees are also killing!!

  17. #117
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    What I dont understand is why anyone let themselves be kept or prevented from leaving, especially in time share cases. Just walk out - you mean someone will physically prevent you by force from leaving? I seriously doubt anything like that will happen.

  18. #118

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    The govt should make timeshare schemes illegal in Singapore. Too many people are getting conned of their hard-earned money for nothing.

  19. #119

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    I also bought a timeshare (MTC) few years ago and had stopped paying the maintenance fess.
    recently, I have ppl calling me almost every week since Sept telling me that they can help me do away with paying the maintenance fees legally and i do not have to pay for their services. They are saying that they earn by helping owners recover what they have paid for the timeshare and they will keep 20% as their fees.. anyone knows how true are they and actually gets back certain portion of their money?

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Timeshare Scam!! Anyone of you in it too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberj
    I also bought a timeshare (MTC) few years ago and had stopped paying the maintenance fess.
    recently, I have ppl calling me almost every week since Sept telling me that they can help me do away with paying the maintenance fees legally and i do not have to pay for their services. They are saying that they earn by helping owners recover what they have paid for the timeshare and they will keep 20% as their fees.. anyone knows how true are they and actually gets back certain portion of their money?

    Please be very careful about such people offering to help in recovering your lost money or getting you out of a situation but demandin up front payment. Please read the following articles on "recovery scams", or sometimes referred to as "reloading".

    http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/tmarkg/recovery.htm
    http://www.scambusters.org/recovery.html
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •