Been using my A40 for more than 2 years, quite ok. But there are a few situations when the A40 just doesn't cut it, mainly low-light and video clip i guess. So have been looking for a replacement camera since. Anyway, the specs for my dream camera
- CCD size of 1/1.8" (like the A80)
- Image stabilizer
- Able to capture video clip at 640x480, 30 fps with mpeg4 compression
- AA batt
- 6-10x optical zoom
There are a few models which looked interesting at first but ...
- Canon S1 IS (lack mpeg4, CCD size)
- Panasonic FZxx (lack video)
- Minolta Zxx (lack IS, video compression)
- Olympus 770 (lack IS, AA batt)
Is there anybody else looking for something similar? Hmm, maybe the canon S2 IS ...........