Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Review of Eye-Fi Pro X2

Default Re: The Review of Eye-Fi Pro X2

Quote Originally Posted by redviper View Post
    i hv 3, 1 mbp, 1 air and an imac. Got it working when i get into the windows environment on my imac. On Mac OSX, the card not inserted message kept appearing...
    K
    Managed to get the updates through my windows nb. Cna use my mbp to do the transfer.

Hi All,

A few questions

1. Will it work wif NEX 7? Anyone tried and ensure that it can fit into the camera and also no issues setting up & connecting and tested it is functionaly very well?
    2. What is the difference between d Pro n non-Pro version?
    3. Does it mean I need to shot in Jpeg mode only to be able to transmit to my iPad or notebook?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Hi All,

A few questions

1. Will it work wif NEX 7? Anyone tried and ensure that it can fit into the camera and also no issues setting up & connecting and tested it is functionaly very well?
    2. What is the difference between d Pro n non-Pro version?
    3. Does it mean I need to shot in Jpeg mode only to be able to transmit to my iPad or notebook?

Thanks.
    Yup, works. Eye-Fi Support No issues once you set it up in your com, just plug and shoot. It's Eye-Fi connected so it'll show the wireless symbol once the picture is transferred. Tried it out myself on the NEX-7.

Pro version supports transfer of RAW files.

For the non-pro version then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    Yup, works. Eye-Fi Support No issues once you set it up in your com, just plug and shoot. It's Eye-Fi connected so it'll show the wireless symbol once the picture is transferred. Tried it out myself on the NEX-7.

Pro version supports transfer of RAW files.

For the non-pro version then yes.
    Awesome bro.. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by redviper

I tried. Doesn't seem to work on my mac. I read somewhere tt you need the reader to do updating and so on...
    I also cannot use other card readers to read the card on my mbp, can only use the provided reader. Anyone knows the reason? Thks

This might be a pretty obvious thing, but sometimes these kind of products get simple things wrong; my question is:

Do you have to pause and wait (even momentarily) for the upload to finish between each shot, or can you continue using the camera (shooting, change aperture/shutter/ISO/other settings etc.) and the upload will continue as a background process. What is the behaviour like in "endless memory mode" in such a case?

@J-Chan: I'm also planning to get this for my NEX-7, hows the card? So far so good? I wan't to get like a wireless live preview (on monitor) kind of set up working. I'm guessing this would be possible?

Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by pinkydoe View Post
    This might be a pretty obvious thing, but sometimes these kind of products get simple things wrong; my question is:

Do you have to pause and wait (even momentarily) for the upload to finish between each shot, or can you continue using the camera (shooting, change aperture/shutter/ISO/other settings etc.) and the upload will continue as a background process. What is the behaviour like in "endless memory mode" in such a case?

@J-Chan: I'm also planning to get this for my NEX-7, hows the card? So far so good? I wan't to get like a wireless live preview (on monitor) kind of set up working. I'm guessing this would be possible?

Thanks .
    Think wireless sync to iPad will be good enuff to see the picture quality...

Yeah by monitor I meant laptop/desktop/tablet or any sort of external screen.

So have you tried this card? Does the wireless sync/upload interfere with your shooting experience (for e.g. do you have to pause and wait till it uploads)?

Also can the provided eye-fi software preview RAW files?

Thanks !

EDIT: Found this regarding RAW files: Supported RAW files | Eye-Fi Support
    Last edited by pinkydoe; 3rd July 2012 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkydoe View Post
    Yeah by monitor I meant laptop/desktop/tablet or any sort of external screen.

So have you tried this card? Does the wireless sync/upload interfere with your shooting experience (for e.g. do you have to pause and wait till it uploads)?

Also can the provided eye-fi software preview RAW files?

Thanks !

EDIT: Found this regarding RAW files: Supported RAW files | Eye-Fi Support
    oopz.. I dun haf it yet... Maybe some other bros here can advise...

Red face Re: The Review of Eye-Fi Pro X2

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumPC View Post
    1 piece in 1 box only..

I bought the flucard when it was launched, never got it to work. Support was non existent, tried email and calling, went to the shop in SLT and they gave me a number to call, no answer..lol..

So end up with the Eye-fi Pro X2.

I have 3 of them 2 X2 pro and 1 X2 connect.
    Used the X2 connect in the 2nd slot of the 5D and it worked extremely well as the 5D have native firmware support for it. I shoot Raw to CF and Jpg to the Eye-fi.
    The other 2 card in a EP3 or GF1 works as advertised.
    On my M9 the range is very short but works. Trying to use a MIFI with it.
    App wise, I only use shuttersnitch on iPhone and iPad, recently bought Photosmith but still have not tried the transfer etc.

For me the Eyefi is strictly used for quick preview etc, to quickly email shot to clients to give them the idea of what is being shot. all Jpg will be deleted after the Raw is imported.
    Hi there,

For the Flucard, it have been stable now. The speed is faster than Eye-fi and the flucard is more direct in setting up. Just plug in the card and just play it, simple as that. Please note that the key differentiator of Flucard Pro from Eye-Fi is that pre-installation of software apps on PC and mobile devices is not required before user performs wireless viewing or transfer of image contents from Flucard Pro to the wireless devices. The viewing and transfer can be performed via internet browser. And it can connect up to 5 users at 1 time.

Hope this information helps...

It would help if you provide how you set it up.
    metal, glasses, plastic and a eye to see

I enjoy using this card too, small JPG upload to an IOS device for posting quality shots is a breeze.

Hi Seniors,

Pardon my ignorance:

questionoes it works if for example I bring my iPhone / S3 / iPad out, together with my DSLR take 20 photos of my kids randomly, at the very moment after taking my 1 pic, my wife open the app and photos will be visible immediately w/out the need to connect via wifi at home ??

Quote Originally Posted by pooh83 View Post
    Hi Seniors,

Pardon my ignorance:

questionoes it works if for example I bring my iPhone / S3 / iPad out, together with my DSLR take 20 photos of my kids randomly, at the very moment after taking my 1 pic, my wife open the app and photos will be visible immediately w/out the need to connect via wifi at home ??
    You have to first configure the Eye-Fi card in that particular mode (I think it's called 'direct'.... can't be sure of the name) and define which (type of) device you will be sending too. As far as I have tried, you won't be able to send to both an Android as well as an iOS device at the same time. Perhaps there is a workaround but officially it's not possible.
    Exploring! :)

Which is better now?

Eye fi or Toshiba?

Prices which is cheaper based on a 8gb

Quote Originally Posted by pooh83 View Post
    Which is better now?

Eye fi or Toshiba?

Prices which is cheaper based on a 8gb
    Hard to say. Not many people would get both and then compare, unless the first option was unsatisfactory.
    Eye-Fi probably just a teeny bit more complicated to set up (looks like Toshiba allows direct connection using just a browser), though after that should be fairly similar.
    Exploring! :)

The thing is that and 8GB toshiba as compared to a Eye FI is roughly the same price woh...

If toshiba is cheaper then i think it would be a cheaper alternative.

Btw , Just found out that iPad have a converter that can plug in from the charging port to slot in a standard memory card as well as a usb. $36 from Challenger. DX selling selling chiong one like only $5 US

If not wrong they work differently..

Was interested in Flashair cause it does not require setup.
    Just pop into cam, connect to its network on a device, and you can 'Preview' the pics on a browser.
    BUT its just preview, the pics are not on the device.
    And heres the deal breaker for me, you must then click via the browser to download the photos ,ONE BY ONE....

Well, It could be gd for your usage but not for myself..

I could be wrong, pls correct me if so, I do hope I'm wrong .thks

* btw still no local retailer for eyefi?
    Last edited by redmonsoon; 21st October 2012 at 08:23 AM.

Was interested in Flashair cause it does not require setup.
    Just pop into cam, connect to its network on a device, and you can 'Preview' the pics on a browser.
    BUT its just preview, the pics are not on the device.
    And heres the deal breaker for me, you must then click via the browser to download the photos ,ONE BY ONE....
    Olympus launches an app for flashair called OI.share which allows to select mutliple photos and save them.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

How about Trek Flucard? Selling $59 at challenger.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast