Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 474

Thread: Random Thread Season 23....Bigger and Better!

  1. #201
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crystal1993

    Wakao i was eating when i read this. Lol.
    Side dish, haha
    Take the shot!

  2. #202
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,430

    Default Re: Random Thread Season 23....Bigger and Better!

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    2tb external only $139!!!
    I'm replacing the internal one...$113. Looking at WD 2TB Caviar Green. Damm sian, all my games, videos, movies down the drain....
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  3. #203
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

    I'm replacing the internal one...$113. Looking at WD 2TB Caviar Green. Damm sian, all my games, videos, movies down the drain....
    You must be going through a hard time. that happened to me before. That sucks. but after a while you forget about what you had in there. Lol
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  4. #204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

    I'm replacing the internal one...$113. Looking at WD 2TB Caviar Green. Damm sian, all my games, videos, movies down the drain....
    Green for datas?

  5. #205
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

    I'm replacing the internal one...$113. Looking at WD 2TB Caviar Green. Damm sian, all my games, videos, movies down the drain....
    Oh yeah btw my friend used to work for wd and seagate. She says it sucks. Might as well buy samsung. >__<
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  6. #206
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Wakakakaka

    Eta sept
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  7. #207
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,430

    Default Re: Random Thread Season 23....Bigger and Better!

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    Green for datas?
    I tot Green is for data as not used too aggressively...Black is for heavy usage?

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Oh yeah btw my friend used to work for wd and seagate. She says it sucks. Might as well buy samsung. >__<
    Ya, my friend just told me the WD sucks now....and recommended the Samsung as well..Either dropping by SLS or Challenger near my hse tml....lucky I did a backup of my docs/pics/music to another drive...

    But there goes my games (thou i only played once a week at the most)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  8. #208
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

    I tot Green is for data as not used too aggressively...Black is for heavy usage?

    Ya, my friend just told me the WD sucks now....and recommended the Samsung as well..Either dropping by SLS or Challenger near my hse tml....lucky I did a backup of my docs/pics/music to another drive...

    But there goes my games (thou i only played once a week at the most)
    Tmr?? We may pass by tmr.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  9. #209

    Default

    Black for OS, green or blue for datas.

  10. #210
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,430

    Default Re: Random Thread Season 23....Bigger and Better!

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    Black for OS, green or blue for datas.
    Black is overrated and overpriced... SSD is the new future...but it's still expensive for the capacity..

    The HDD that crashed is the WD 1.5TB Caviar Green....
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  11. #211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

    Black is overrated and overpriced... SSD is the new future...but it's still expensive for the capacity..

    The HDD that crashed is the WD 1.5TB Caviar Green....
    So far mine working fine. Try to separate into 2 HDD between OS & datas.

  12. #212
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,430

    Default Re: Random Thread Season 23....Bigger and Better!

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    So far mine working fine. Try to separate into 2 HDD between OS & datas.
    Ya, the faulty hdd is currently still in my current computer I'm using to surf...just that XP can't detect it anymore. thou the bios still picks it up -.-

    My currently 3yr old hdd still working fine *touchwood* for my OS . Still WD
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  13. #213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

    Ya, the faulty hdd is currently still in my current computer I'm using to surf...just that XP can't detect it anymore. thou the bios still picks it up -.-

    My currently 3yr old hdd still working fine *touchwood* for my OS . Still WD
    Bios can detect?

  14. #214
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,430

    Default Re: Random Thread Season 23....Bigger and Better!

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    Bios can detect?
    Ya, the mobo boot up screen, still can see the WD 1.5tb hdd there. Just that the XP cannot locate the hdd
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  15. #215
    Member pasay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Random Thread Season 23....Bigger and Better!

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Oh yeah btw my friend used to work for wd and seagate. She says it sucks. Might as well buy samsung. >__<
    only for internal hdd's or also for external? coz i recently just got a WD MyBook 3.0 external as backup for my data (pics, movies, software, etc)
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

  16. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

    Ya, the mobo boot up screen, still can see the WD 1.5tb hdd there. Just that the XP cannot locate the hdd
    Right click my computer, manage, disk manager. See if your disk is there.

  17. #217
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,430

    Default Re: Random Thread Season 23....Bigger and Better!

    Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    only for internal hdd's or also for external? coz i recently just got a WD MyBook 3.0 external as backup for my data (pics, movies, software, etc)
    I think anything <1tb should be safe enough...it's normally the >1.5tb zone that runs into higher risks
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  18. #218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pasay

    only for internal hdd's or also for external? coz i recently just got a WD MyBook 3.0 external as backup for my data (pics, movies, software, etc)
    I would say luck.

  19. #219
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,430

    Default Re: Random Thread Season 23....Bigger and Better!

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    Right click my computer, manage, disk manager. See if your disk is there.
    Nope, not there. Was thinking of removing the hdd, then plug it back again then see how...but getting late. Not sure if I want to do it tml then get the new hdd on Thurs..
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  20. #220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

    Nope, not there. Was thinking of removing the hdd, then plug it back again then see how...but getting late. Not sure if I want to do it tml then get the new hdd on Thurs..
    You should do that before getting new HDD.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •