Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JUst a QN? ALAN PHOTO.. GOOD? MY FOOT!

Deregistered

I would bring along a stack of notes and place it on the counter when i enquired about the availability of a particular equipment, then adding that I have called and been quoted this at $xxxx before coming down. You can be assured that you will be served well and would get your stuff at the quoted price. And if u r lucky, they will even sell you other items at a special price. Bottom line is : Cash talks.

Every now and then there'll be an AP bashing thread - a needless exercise

Just do your homework, know your way around and you'll in fact get some of the best deals there

so far, all my things are bought from CP, no complaints so far.

at one time i went there to ask about A80 price, i feel like that salesman was give me the "I-am-just-browsing-and-no-intention-of-buying" kind of attitude. So far that day onwards, i dun go that shop again and go to CP until today
    Last edited by Paul_Yeo; 3rd October 2004 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typo error

I have had no problems with AP so far, because I have(will) never bought(buy) anything from them!!!

All these talk about bad service in S'pore but for me not satisfied with the service just walk out. Unless they are the ONLY place selling that particular item I need. But come on, with the internet nowadays what we cannot buy?

So far I have not much problem with AP..
    yes there is one uncle I always go there for.
    Chit chat n buy from him.

The other day he was not around, I ask another guy who replaced my faulty battery for me with no question (n receipt) asked. He does look impatience when I asked was about some camera bag, but never kpkb.

It could be partly I speak "fluent" hokkien injected with some vulguarity at times. Only good thing that comes out with mixing wrong company in my youth days.

I seldom have problem with shops, unless I have no intention to buy, then I won't even linger around much.

I got an equote from them and thought I got a good offer. But when I went down, the person that quoted me actually told me that he quoted the wrong model Don't he know how to tell the difference between a 8 and a 10

Think most photo shop got salesman with attitude siah
    AP is typical SLS shop mah....

As for John 3:16, yah I agree, service is good, but pricing wise a bit steeper than CP and MS colours sometimes
    But then, if they can make us happy...sometimes doesnt really matter that much, unless the price diff is VERY big lah
    Dancing desert scorpion
    :devil:

Default Alan Photo: THE WORST CAMERA SHOP IN SINGAPORE, JB, many say BATAM

HAHAHA,ok serious,

I agree with all the BAD COMMENTS about ALAN PHOTO! They're CRAP! Want to use another four letter word that starts with S**T. it better decribes them. We consumers should deserve better, we're spending our hard earned money on things that arn't exactly cheap you know. We're not begging. We're spending good hard earned MONEY!

Ok, my experience was same, I called to get a quote for an item (EF17-40L) and was quoted a good price. Happily went down, and what do you know, the salesman asked me to sell him at the price I was quoted, saying "where got so good deal, that price i also want to buy, you sell me la!" I was steaming hot!!! then he refused to serve me. and i just walked out, vowing never to go back no matter what!

I didn't want to post this but after reading this thread, i think i'm entittled to speak my mind, after all, this is a free world!

ok, I've made my piece... on the next person...

maybe you didn't display a stack of $50 notes in front of this guy's face as you spoke. People in SLS response positively and enthusiastically when exposed to the lure of the money scent.

[QUOTE=ThomT]
    Ok, my experience was same, I called to get a quote for an item (EF17-40L) and was quoted a good price. Happily went down, and what do you know, the salesman asked me to sell him at the price I was quoted, saying "where got so good deal, that price i also want to buy, you sell me la!" I was steaming hot!!! then he refused to serve me. and i just walked out, vowing never to go back no matter what!

QUOTE]

I go to John 3:16 quite often... ya i do agree their price is alittle more... Sometimes I dun mind paying abit more.

Well, what you can do is... find out the price from other places... and ask the sales persons whether they can meet up with the price.

No obligation... if u are not satisfy then, it's ok to walk away from them...

I been to AP and CP... Don't like their attitude... As for CP, you need to know the person if not... you will oso face with the same thing.

As for MS, I'm not sure... My friend visit them often... they are friendly and helpful... i trust my friend... no harm paying them a visit.

hmmmm.....i have been to AP a couple of times to get stuff and everytime i get pretty good svs and prices le....

perhaps we juz have to build up a good buying experience....get to know the salespersons etc etc.....

peace!!!

I cldnt agree much more.

CP = Been purchasing my equipment there. The price is high, but u can be assured that its geniue. The service is ok. Advice : if u want to buy anything please email quote from them. somethings they dun reply, but just bomb them and u'll get a good price.

AP = Been there only once, satisfactory experience as i got served by a nice lad. Price its defintely lower then the email quote from cp, but as they say its a SLS from SLS. wad can u expect? find 1 consistent salesman.

John 3:16 = Good service! thats why u pay for that price as well. only some of the item is more expensive then cp, but the service is defintely better then other shop i have visited.

TCW = Eh no comments. Not bad, comparable to CP (bout the same.), but i think i got slaughted for my cable release there. wo0t. anyway do they have email quote as well?

My 4 cents worth.

[QUOTE=kiwitan]maybe you didn't display a stack of $50 notes in front of this guy's face as you spoke. People in SLS response positively and enthusiastically when exposed to the lure of the money scent.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomT

QUOTE]
    I dun think the display of money is gotta work. Just hang your big big camera like Canon EOS1-series or Nikon Pro camera with big lenses and walk in, I can be quite sure that you will be serve well as you are rich and a damn protential buyer!

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    .....perhaps we juz have to build up a good buying experience....get to know the salespersons etc etc.....
    Get to know the salespersons?

But I only want to buy a box with a hole in it to take pictures.

When are they going to put talking robots in camera stores? Or installing conveyer belts delivering what you want after you wipe the credit card on the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    I dun think the display of money is gotta work. Just hang your big big camera like Canon EOS1-series or Nikon Pro camera with big lenses and walk in, I can be quite sure that you will be serve well as you are rich and a damn protential buyer!
    I think having the most gorgeous fashion model hanging from your neck would be better to catch the salesman's attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Get to know the salespersons?

But I only want to buy a box with a hole in it to take pictures.

When are they going to put talking robots in camera stores? Or installing conveyer belts delivering what you want after you wipe the credit card on the machine?
    Good point Sion... It should be the other way round, shouldn't it? They are getting business from customers and they should work hard to keep their customers... Personally, I'd not go thru the hassle of 'getting to know' the salesperson, just hoping to get good deals (the difference is probably not that great anyway) from the shop... the usual place I go to make it a point to remember their customers and they offer competitive prices as well...

But I guess different people have different habits of purchasing... there are those who only buys from the shop that offers the cheapest goods and is willing to put up with lousy attidtudes of sales people... While others don't mind paying a little bit more for friendlier services, and a more enjoyable buying experience...

Just my 2 cents worth
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

I don't understand why so many people got the e-quote from them in the end ended up with different price. Actually a e-quote can consider a B&W mah, should be official. And if there are so many mistake for the quotes, no point quoting mah. The quote should have the model number printed right? If they really deny the price quoted. This should be something wrong already.

Quote Originally Posted by tunster
    I don't understand why so many people got the e-quote from them in the end ended up with different price. Actually a e-quote can consider a B&W mah, should be official. And if there are so many mistake for the quotes, no point quoting mah. The quote should have the model number printed right? If they really deny the price quoted. This should be something wrong already.
    Ha.... that is exactly what I encountered. I even printed out the equote and show it to them.

In the end, I still get the same answer that they have quoted the wrong model and that the price quoted was way below their cost

Quote Originally Posted by ccplim
    Ha.... that is exactly what I encountered. I even printed out the equote and show it to them.

In the end, I still get the same answer that they have quoted the wrong model and that the price quoted was way below their cost
    Maybe this is a way to entice you to go to the shop. After the hassle of travelling to the shop, they hope you might buy it or buy something else?

Would there be a way to bring such practices to the attention of Department of Fair Trading?
    Last edited by Sion; 4th October 2004 at 01:33 PM.

Juz sharing a personal experience that I had w AP 3 mths back.
    Requested for an equote and I think the price they quote is w/o GST even though in the email it was w GST.
    Went there and try to bargain to the same price as in the equote (didn't show them yet). The salesman couldn't meet that price, saying not possible to find it anywhere in s'pore.
    Last resort, show them the equote and he was pretty surprised. He refered to someone more senior, mgr or something, and they honored the equote.
    I got a pretty gd bargain for my cam.

If you're are wondering, it's a Canon A80.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast