Thread: is it still worth to buy olympus e-pl1 now?

Default is it still worth to buy olympus e-pl1 now?

Hello,

courts is having promotion for the olympus e-pl1, so was wondering still worth to get that now??

its only 500+ i think..

Default Re: is it still worth to buy olympus e-pl1 now?

Why not? It depends on your budget I guess.
    E510, E3,E5, EP1,EP3 & OMD EM5

EP1 is a good start! I just started on micro4/3 and am loving every moment!
    Canon: 5DMKIII & 40D|17-40L|70-200f4ISL|100Macro|Sigma30|580EXII| Olympus: EP3|25mm f1.4

For me, I would get the EPL1 and use the discount to fund for a EVF2 or a 20mm f1.7.

I think the epl2 is aa better buy

Think epl1 is a good start. I got it when epl2 just out not too long and epl1 price start to drop. Feel it gd start if already own a DSLR.

I have the EP-L1 and is loving it every bit. It is a light camera that I can bring everywhere if I want to leave my Canon at home.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

I saw it at the tempting price of $500+ as well on sale at Harvey Norman, but the AF response was just horrendous.

What u mean by Af is horrendous?

[QUOTE=pandaze;7376219]What u mean by Af is horrendous?[/QUOTE

AF speed too slow for me.
    YMMV

The AF speed is slow... but not incredibly slow... yet not the camera you would want to bring with you to shoot sports shoots and F1.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

My friends (2) bought this for $1225 with standard kit lens and paid another $830 for zoom lens xx - 300mm but then the AF is slow and not suitable for birding /F1 and fast moving subject cos it's AF tracking cannot compare to a DSLR like D90, D300s, D7000 or Canon 50/60D.

Spot meter hunting for subject if background is bushsy.... still subject, cos is a 4/3 so you get appro 600mm with 300mm zoom.
    Enjoy your every moment with our nature and friends

I was told by one of Salesman (last IT show), e-Pl1 is much better (in term of WB and much cheaper) than e-pl2. Sensor+AF speed are all the same. He proved it to me on the spot with all the same setting.

I read review also said that (e-pl1 better than e-pl2 in terms of picture Q).
    E-pl2 win because of bigger LCD, more dots and nicers design. Price wise also "win" a lot over e-pl2.

I would rather use money to buy lens and stick to e-pl1 body.
    Last edited by Boo...; 12th August 2011 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo... View Post
    I was told by one of Salesman (last IT show), e-Pl1 is much better (in term of WB and much cheaper) than e-pl2. Sensor+AF speed are all the same. He proved it to me on the spot with all the same setting.

I read review also said that (e-pl1 better than e-pl2 in terms of picture Q).
    E-pl2 win because of bigger LCD, more dots and nicers design. Price wise also "win" a lot over e-pl2.

I would rather use money to buy lens and stick to e-pl1 body.
    I was given quite similiar comment also when I bought e-pl1 (not at IT show). Spec wise not much diff. Think another plus pt on e-pl2 is it has newer kit lens. And saw some review e-pl2 sensor have some problem, think something like will have red dot or what when shoot at certain night condition, can't really remember.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post
    I was given quite similiar comment also when I bought e-pl1 (not at IT show). Spec wise not much diff. Think another plus pt on e-pl2 is it has newer kit lens. And saw some review e-pl2 sensor have some problem, think something like will have red dot or what when shoot at certain night condition, can't really remember.
    The red dots problem is not a problem with the sensor, but with the AA filter that is placed over the sensor.