Thread: monochrome wildlife

Default monochrome wildlife

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    compo, creativity
    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    wants to experiment with monochrome esp of animals and to see if able to achieve some artistic-creativity touch as well
    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    inspired after seeing some very nice and dramatic monochrome, esp b&w, wildlife pics
    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    boost up the white during processing to add a touch of artistic purity [not sure whether it works fine]

Default Re: monochrome wildlife

if your base (original) photo was properly composed with high key in mind, it would be a lot better than trying to compensate or change in post process. There's lots happening here, some radial blurring at the right, patches of blown highlights, speckled background and an indistinguishable lump of kitty body. A clean shot is always better, so that emphasis is always on the subject.

right now it looks rather rough and "experimental" if you catch my drift. Try again with a properly composed subject with intended post process in mind, should get more comments then. Cheers.

I think it's rather a over do for a post process.. as in it looks like a phone camera taken photo now.. Sorry i mean no offence C= ^^Y PEACE!

remember to retain the details, especially at the hotspots.

thanks for advice.
    i am trying out high key. Wonder any good sites i could find more info