Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 101

Thread: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    353

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Seems like Singaporean are not that graceful anymore. They are self centered, selfish, ignorant, arrogant and barbarian. What is wrong with them??? Or is it because our HDB flat walls and floors are getting thinner and less sound isolation. My parents house also face marble dropping everyday.
    ?

  2. #42
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN1023 View Post
    Seems like Singaporean are not that graceful anymore. They are self centered, selfish, ignorant, arrogant and barbarian. What is wrong with them??? Or is it because our HDB flat walls and floors are getting thinner and less sound isolation. My parents house also face marble dropping everyday.
    marble dropping?


    Noise is one of the indications that a centrifugal pump is cavitating. A cavitating pump can sound like a can of marbles being shaken. Other indications that can be observed from a remote operating station are fluctuating discharge pressure, flow rate, and pump motor current.
    http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...loor-my-3.html

    It is the steam traveling through pipes causing these tapping
    and marble dropping like sounds. I can hear it everyday in my
    house during the winter. These sounds usually start when the
    boiler heats up.

    Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...#ixzz1UVTiL2kT
    mmm
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 9th August 2011 at 01:29 PM.

  3. #43
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    Thanks for the interesting read...Now I know what's that marble dropping sound.....I keep hearing it at times at home.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    353

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Thanks for the interesting read...Now I know what's that marble dropping sound.....I keep hearing it at times at home.
    But the article is from New York City...
    ?

  5. #45
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN1023 View Post
    But the article is from New York City...

    nyc house is not house ar

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    My house encountered marble dropping incident before and it can continue till midnight so after that i assumed that they went to sleep and I do revenge by hitting my ceiling with stick, doesnt affect the rest of the neightbour as i can go tap .. tap .. tap all night and after 2 days they stopped .. y don u try to take ur camera go straight to them to take their photos and when the woman ask u say im collect evident to see if u doing illegal stuff .. that shd shut her off for some time ..
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  7. #47
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN1023 View Post
    But the article is from New York City...
    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    nyc house is not house ar
    oops

    If so, also cannot explain the marble dropping sound...cos the family living above me have no kids..
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  8. #48

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN1023 View Post
    Seems like Singaporean are not that graceful anymore. They are self centered, selfish, ignorant, arrogant and barbarian. What is wrong with them??? Or is it because our HDB flat walls and floors are getting thinner and less sound isolation. My parents house also face marble dropping everyday.
    now half of the country population is not Singaporean. Plus half the original Singaporean ain't graceful. Hence, Singapore isn't a graceful country in the first place...

  9. #49
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    oops

    If so, also cannot explain the marble dropping sound...cos the family living above me have no kids..
    dudee..... its the pipes....

  10. #50
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Maybe it's time TS renovate a sound proof room or find a high grade earplug. I don't really think the complain can work in the afternoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    now half of the country population is not Singaporean. Plus half the original Singaporean ain't graceful. Hence, Singapore isn't a graceful country in the first place...
    I think everything got to do with the person mindset. Country and race got nothing to do with it. Just board the MRT everyday during peak hour especially after work and the true face of people who thinks they are 'high-class' will be shown against the humble odd-job worker. I remember seeing a local poly student warming the sit in front of a small boy while talking to her friend loudly about how bad Singapore is when no one gives way to you to get out of the train -_-"

  11. #51

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    oops

    If so, also cannot explain the marble dropping sound...cos the family living above me have no kids..
    Other than the pipes, reinforcement bars in concrete slab, column and beams may create marble dropping sound at night due to contraction because steel and concrete have different density.

  12. #52
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    dudee..... its the pipes....
    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    Other than the pipes, reinforcement bars in concrete slab, column and beams may create marble dropping sound at night due to contraction because steel and concrete have different density.
    But sorta got used to it already...
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  13. #53

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Do kids now still play marbles?? I doubt so .....
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Do kids now still play marbles?? I doubt so .....
    they only play pocket pellet ..
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  15. #55
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by canonmono View Post
    My house encountered marble dropping incident before and it can continue till midnight so after that i assumed that they went to sleep and I do revenge by hitting my ceiling with stick, doesnt affect the rest of the neightbour as i can go tap .. tap .. tap all night and after 2 days they stopped ..
    It's not because they had stopped but rather the xiao di di and xiao mei mei are now dropping marbles from your house instead.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  16. #56

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Yep ! You should pursue the case as the woman is so damn cocky.

    Make her regret her behavior.

    But you will need to do some ground work too. Like taking pictures of the kids (date +time) and also some video footage. Perhaps interview the kids or adults picking them up.

    In no time you will have peace and quiet.


  17. #57

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Maybe it's time TS renovate a sound proof room or find a high grade earplug. I don't really think the complain can work in the afternoon.



    I think everything got to do with the person mindset. Country and race got nothing to do with it. Just board the MRT everyday during peak hour especially after work and the true face of people who thinks they are 'high-class' will be shown against the humble odd-job worker. I remember seeing a local poly student warming the sit in front of a small boy while talking to her friend loudly about how bad Singapore is when no one gives way to you to get out of the train -_-"








    The cheapest and the fastest way is to use a pair of chopsticks ...
    Once performed, you will never hear any noise anymore.

  18. #58

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky78 View Post

    But you will need to do some ground work too. Like taking pictures of the kids (date +time) and also some video footage. Perhaps interview the kids or adults picking them up.

    Won't you look like a freak pedophile if you do that?
    Tyrov
    Flickr

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    No it's ok, i do that often ..
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  20. #60

    Default Re: New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

    Talking about tolerance. There is a story about how a PRC family got the mediation centre to force a singaporean indian family to stop cooking curries just because the PRC family does not like the smell. Ridiculous. But there you go... strange things happening in Singapore nowadays.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •