Thread: Upgrade DSLR

Cool Upgrade DSLR

Hi guys, i have been using my Nikon D3000 with lens 18-55mm for about 2 years and been thinking of upgrading to a higher end cos ive realised the limitations of the current Nikon D3000. And im starting on commercial photography hence i guess a dire need to upgrade to produce better quality pictures.

I dont intend to keep the current Nikon D3000 and was wondering if there are any recommendations such as trade in value for another cam? maybe ill let go the camera body and keep the lens or any.

Advance thanks for those who can help me out.

Default Re: Upgrade DSLR

budget? no budget then get a d3s

besides, u can try selling it off at BnS, or try any shops in peninsula plaza as some shops practise trade-ins if u wanna buy a new camera from them. however u haf to be extra careful n dun get conned.
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

please avoid posting multiple threads on the same topic. Like what the other thread's people mentioned, tell us what's the limitation of D3000?

If you are really that good already that you make a stand as commercial photographer then you should know by now what the new body must have that your D3000 does not have. But to be honest .. it rather sounds like itchy hands.. thinking that after 2 years to somehow 'deserve' a better body. Please go ahead and spend the money. But we have mentioned this already to many people: a better camera does not make better pictures.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Muhd Firdaus View Post
    Hi guys, i have been using my Nikon D3000 with lens 18-55mm for about 2 years and been thinking of upgrading to a higher end cos ive realised the limitations of the current Nikon D3000. And im starting on commercial photography hence i guess a dire need to upgrade to produce better quality pictures.

I dont intend to keep the current Nikon D3000 and was wondering if there are any recommendations such as trade in value for another cam? maybe ill let go the camera body and keep the lens or any.

Advance thanks for those who can help me out.
    So what is the limitation of the D3000? And what do you find that is limiting you in whatever way.

Only by understanding the abovementioned completely and truthfully would you know what you want next. By just telling us that there is limitation and that you are starting off as a commercial photography (which, you never spec what commercial photography - product photography, food photography, making posters? what?) there is really nothing we can help you on.

And like what Irvine had say - get the D3s... or the D3X (for large posters - which is good for certain kind of commercial photography actually).
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Get the D300s(DX) or D700/D3s(FX).

If you are rich, get the Leica S2.