Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

  1. #1
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator


    YouTube Video ID No. THWSIOD5kQY

    What a unfortunate accident.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Gosh what a freak accident.. RIP poor man

  3. #3

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    what the fug !!! :-(
    Objection !!!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    what the fug !!! :-(
    wtf why the inter view got the kwang kwang kwang sound. ringtone ah?

  5. #5
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    wtf why the inter view got the kwang kwang kwang sound. ringtone ah?
    I think that is one of the tune from their reality game show.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  6. #6
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator


    YouTube Video ID No. K0UO_3M1SC0

    Female nurse crushed by elevator, this may be what happens when one tries to push themself out through the exit without looking.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    YouTube Video ID No. K0UO_3M1SC0

    Female nurse crushed by elevator, this may be what happens when one tries to push themself out through the exit without looking.
    Scene from a 1983 movie De Lift


  8. #8
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    While these could be freak it is equally important not to 'abuse' the escalator and elevator. Use them as their intended use and never over load them. When the lift is stuck, wait for the rescue team to secure the lift before getting out and don't try to force open the door yourself.

    I have witnessed many people complaining everytime they are trapped in a lift. They just want to get out fast but forget the safety aspect. What is the point of getting out but not safe?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    wtf why the inter view got the kwang kwang kwang sound. ringtone ah?
    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I think that is one of the tune from their reality game show.
    it's the tune from Doraemon when something funny happens. i think the guy being interviewed set it as his phone's ring tone.

  10. #10
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

    YouTube Video ID No. K0UO_3M1SC0

    Female nurse crushed by elevator, this may be what happens when one tries to push themself out through the exit without looking.
    From what I managed to gather though local Shenzhen Mainstream Media (MSM) sources, this could be what had transpired approximately.

    01) Improper lubricant used, liquefied lubricant instead of dry lubricant.

    02) Liquefied lubricant drips onto drum brake mechanism.

    03) Elevator exceeded maximum operational load capacity and shuts down as doors opens only half way.

    04) 24 years old female nurse proceed to step out.

    05) With reduced static friction (fmax) due to 01) and 02), drum brake mechanism could not cope with the mass of several tonne while shut down without the assistance of the electrical motor.

    06) Gravity wins, potential energy releases into kinetic energy as drum brake mechanism fails.

    07) Elevator start sliding down, 24 years old female nurse tio kiap between floor and top of elevator.

    08) Blood splatter everywhere after impromptu hemicorporectomy.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 26th May 2013 at 11:36 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  11. #11

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    From what I managed to gather though local Shenzhen Mainstream Media (MSM) sources, this could be what had transpired approximately.

    01) Improper lubricant used, liquefied lubricant instead of dry lubricant.

    02) Liquefied lubricant drips onto drum brake mechanism.

    03) Elevator exceeded maximum operational load capacity and shuts down as doors opens only half way.

    04) 24 years old female nurse proceed to step out.

    05) With reduced static friction (fmax) due to 01) and 02), drum brake mechanism could not cope with the mass of several tonne while shut down without the assistance of the electrical motor.

    06) Gravity wins, potential energy releases into kinetic energy as drum brake mechanism fails.

    07) Elevator start sliding down, 24 years old female nurse tio kiap between floor and top of elevator.

    08) Blood splatter everywhere after impromptu hemicorporectomy.
    gross.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Thanks, this is highly educational. Anymore?

  13. #13
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Thanks, this is highly educational. Anymore?
    Similar incident involving a surgical resident, Dr. Hitoshi Christopher Nikaidoh in a Houston, Texas Hospital just several years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Press

    ...

    Nikaidoh struggled, trying to shrug out of the elevator, or possibly pull himself inside, she said, but the elevator kept moving upward. The ceiling sliced off most of his head. His left ear, lower lip, teeth and jaw were still attached to his body, which fell to the bottom of the elevator shaft, as the elevator continued moving upward.

    Steinau frantically pushed every button; the elevator stopped four feet below the fifth floor. She was trapped inside the elevator with his head for more than an hour. "I just keep seeing the look in his eyes," she told officers.

    ...
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 28th May 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  14. #14

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Similar incident involving a surgical resident, Dr. Hitoshi Christopher Nikaidoh in a Houston, Texas Hospital just several years ago.
    read the last part.

    the hospital's senior staff conspired to make it look like he was drunk and was a rough person. tsk tsk.

  15. #15
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator


    YouTube Video ID No. lN7_XPLDA28

    Not as dramatic as what happened with previously mentioned incidents in particular that involving the case of the female nurse in a hospital where she got sliced and decapitated instantly [01] but more of an agonising, slow death which is a worse way to go IMHO.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 18th September 2014 at 12:15 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    From what I managed to gather though local Shenzhen Mainstream Media (MSM) sources, this could be what had transpired approximately.

    01) Improper lubricant used, liquefied lubricant instead of dry lubricant.

    02) Liquefied lubricant drips onto drum brake mechanism.

    03) Elevator exceeded maximum operational load capacity and shuts down as doors opens only half way.

    04) 24 years old female nurse proceed to step out.

    05) With reduced static friction (fmax) due to 01) and 02), drum brake mechanism could not cope with the mass of several tonne while shut down without the assistance of the electrical motor.

    06) Gravity wins, potential energy releases into kinetic energy as drum brake mechanism fails.

    07) Elevator start sliding down, 24 years old female nurse tio kiap between floor and top of elevator.

    08) Blood splatter everywhere after impromptu hemicorporectomy.
    That's why there is always a warning sign in the lift that tell people to stay inside and never to force open the door

  17. #17

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

    YouTube Video ID No. THWSIOD5kQY

    What a unfortunate accident.
    welcome to internet. very old news. 2011. posted on CS before.
    Objection !!!

  18. #18
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    after watch this video, I think better try to avoid escalator and also avoid elevator.
    unfortunately I stay above 30 floor, need to do more exercise now
    _____________________________________
    ***People only failed when they give up***

  19. #19
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    after watch this video, I think better try to avoid escalator and also avoid elevator. unfortunately I stay above 30 floor, need to do more exercise now
    Without the invention of the elevator, skyscrapers would not have been possible.

  20. #20
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Tainwanese Man Dies After Being Swallowed By Escalator

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    welcome to internet. very old news. 2011. posted on CS before.
    Hmm..., are you certain that this very exact thread also created in 2011 coincidentally is not one you are also referring to...???
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 18th September 2014 at 07:53 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •