Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Do you bring your LP out today'

Default 'Do you bring your LP out today'

Anyone saw the Straits Times today?
    'Do you bring your LP out today' - was quoted by Taiwan's ministers. And now this becomes the hottest talk in town.
    Last edited by XXX Boy; 1st October 2004 at 04:06 PM.

What's LP? LowePro?

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    What's LP? LowePro?
    LP is a Hokkien vulgar lang, get it????

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    LP is a Hokkien vulgar lang, get it????
    No. Dun geddit. Spell it out leh ...

Sorry hor....dun sabo me hor!
    If I spell it out, I might get ban hor!

Phildate
    Guests

?????????? - someone please explain!! Joanne???

Lau Peh?

taiwanese so filial, bring their lau peh out for walks?
    Last edited by hwchoy; 1st October 2004 at 08:16 PM.

l*m p*h

where * = a

erm... i think its all over on tv on Chn 52.... lol... and it seems like they are already burning our flag on the streets already......

dissapointed at some political figures... WE shouldnt poke our noses into other pple's way of ruling a country........ thats THEIR problem not ours.... wads the problem.... kao...

sick of pple who poke their noses into other pple's problems... y not let them solve it themselves.... kao....... damn...... although "he" did a good job so far.. but the only mistake he made was going to tw.. and see ? look at the mess he got himself into....

kao..... spoiled my day when i saw that news on tv.....

take your head out of the sand and look around glenn. when your neighbour burn you better prepare water. you think he is so stupid to open his big gap for no good reason?

ahh.. definately not... he has his own reason and of for the good intentions in my own perception... however it seems like the taiwanese don't see it that way...

they refer us to the pro-china merger people... so on basic instincts.. now the relationship with Tw can see that its rather tense ? cuz i think they might be feeling that everyone wanted tw to be part of china...

and because of sg's relationship with china... people in tw may not like we do...

but anyway... he has good intentions doing that, its only that the taiwanese dont think it that way.. tats all.. its kinda sad..

Basically, a vast majority of the countries in the world recognise PRC as the "official" China and not ROC. If the Taiwanese people really want to throw rocks, they would need a sh!tload.

And I would take statements by Taiwanese politicians with a big grain of salt. Their parliament sessions are, shall I say, very robust? And the tabloids there have great power in playing up certain issues.

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    ahh.. definately not... he has his own reason and of for the good intentions in my own perception... however it seems like the taiwanese don't see it that way...

they refer us to the pro-china merger people... so on basic instincts.. now the relationship with Tw can see that its rather tense ? cuz i think they might be feeling that everyone wanted tw to be part of china...

and because of sg's relationship with china... people in tw may not like we do...

but anyway... he has good intentions doing that, its only that the taiwanese dont think it that way.. tats all.. its kinda sad..
    well, unfortunately for you and I, if the taiwanese sees it that way we wouldn't have to do the dirty job

actually, it wasn't good intentions, as they stated so many times. it is self interest. amazing that we would say something like that, i.e. "we're not nice guys, we're just watching out for ourselves…" but at least we don't pretend.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    well, unfortunately for you and I, if the taiwanese sees it that way we wouldn't have to do the dirty job

actually, it wasn't good intentions, as they stated so many times. it is self interest. amazing that we would say something like that, i.e. "we're not nice guys, we're just watching out for ourselves…" but at least we don't pretend.
    are u flaming me or is it not ?

anyway.. 2molo and the next few days... we will see if Foreign Minister Cheng will apologise...

[B]"If it is a indoor speech, it will be private, but if theres reporters and knowing that the whole world will know about this, this is a Public speech"

Disclosed Taiwanese Minister.

SINGAPORE : Demonstrators in southern Taiwan have burned Singapore's flag to protest a recent speech by the Republic's Foreign Minister George Yeo to the United Nations.

Brigadier-General George Yeo had said any push by Taiwan for independence could spark a war with China.

The small group of protesters lit a fire in a metal barrel and dipped Singapore's red and white flag into the flames while chanting "Singapore is an informer" in Kaohsiung, the island's second-biggest city.

In response to press queries, a spokesman for Singapore's Foreign Ministry commented: "Taiwan is an old friend. We are saddened by such intemperate actions." - CNA

taken from http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...109577/1/.html

wad u think ?? lol.........

Well, for things like these, just have to let it rest lah. And the news reports on their TV are greatly exaggerated. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that flag-burning thing was some TV producer's idea of generating interest in the topic. And actually, how the story goes really depend on which channel you are watching. TV channels there are polarized between political parties too. They are probably politicalizing the whole issue because of their legislative council elections in Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    Well, for things like these, just have to let it rest lah. And the news reports on their TV are greatly exaggerated. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that flag-burning thing was some TV producer's idea of generating interest in the topic. And actually, how the story goes really depend on which channel you are watching. TV channels there are polarized between political parties too. They are probably politicalizing the whole issue because of their legislative council elections in Nov.
    true true....... very true..... can see from and by their speeches and reactions towards the rival parties.....

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    are u flaming me or is it not ?

anyway.. 2molo and the next few days... we will see if Foreign Minister Cheng will apologise...

[B]"If it is a indoor speech, it will be private, but if theres reporters and knowing that the whole world will know about this, this is a Public speech"

Disclosed Taiwanese Minister.
    first time yes, second time no.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    just look at the face of the protesters, they all look like some villagers paid to appear on TV.
    Last edited by hwchoy; 2nd October 2004 at 02:46 PM.

now cannot go Taiwan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast