Thread: Nikon FM2 metering

Default Nikon FM2 metering

Would like to know if nikon fm2 have metering ? and do i have to change the iso on the camera according to my film iso ? how do i meter ?

Default Re: Nikon FM2 metering

they said there is suppose to be a +/o/- sign on the right side in the viewfinder but i can't find . all i see is shutterspeed on the left , aperture on the top .

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon700 View Post
    Would like to know if nikon fm2 have metering ? and do i have to change the iso on the camera according to my film iso ? how do i meter ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon700 View Post
    they said there is suppose to be a +/o/- sign on the right side in the viewfinder but i can't find . all i see is shutterspeed on the left , aperture on the top .
    first you need to check is there a battery inside and it is still working, the battery compartment is located at the camera base, you can open it with a Singapore 20 cents coin.

to use the meter, you need to switch on the camera, by putting out the film advance level a little, not letting the level flush with the camera body. it about 15 degree.

to take exposure meter reading, point the camera lens at the scene you want to capture, change the combination of aperture and shutter speed to make the meter indicator to show a green dot instead of + or -, the aperture dial is a ring located at the lens barrel, you rotate the aperture ring to change the aperture setting. the shutter speed dial is located at the top next the film advance level. gentle turn the dial clock wise or anti-clock wise to change the shutter speed setting, the is a marking at the base of shutter speed dial near the prism, which indicate what shutter speed you are using.

hope this help.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Have a look at this link for further details:
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...m2n/fm2manual/
    It was the first result when using Google with 'Nikon FM2 manual'. You could also check whether Nikon website has the pdf file for download. If not, other websites might have it.
    Last edited by Octarine; 4th August 2011 at 09:43 AM.
    EOS