Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: contact lens

  1. #1

    Default contact lens

    Hi all……need advises….I wear spectacles….and wish to switch over to contact lens but I’m not very sure wearing contact lens will cause any inconvenience for photographers, especially those who always on assignment jobs? Or is it advisable for photographers to wear contact lens??? What are the pros and cons???
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Guilin
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    There are no known comparative advantages and disadvantages between photog wearing specs or not for shooting.

    Of course you may have a better feel of the camera eyepiece.

    I have lasik done instead of wearing contact lens. Since you have many assignment, would you consider the convenience of a perfect sight?
    Last edited by Ben Loke; 30th September 2004 at 07:51 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    I wear contact lens for 20 years, 1 big advantage is I dont get the foggy effect when I move in/out air-con room. And contact lens is nearer to the eye ball than the framed glass, I feel the image appear bigger on the viewfinder, so easier to focus. (referring to the manual focus days.....)

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Get an eye cup that fits snugly, it'll help as well, I wear 'em only when I'm on assignments, else just wear spectacles will do, the eyecup helps to cut off excessive light (ie, extra flashes).

  5. #5

    Default

    had tried out a pair of contact lens, acuvue monthly disposable type. feels very good when on photo-shooting. one thing i encounter is that whenever i'm in air-con room, espeacially those very cold type, my eyes started to feels very very dry but the optician say is normal. those who are wearing contact lens can give some infor or tips regarding this? or should i tried out some other brand as well if they behaves the same??
    thks

  6. #6

    Default

    try lasik?..

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesser
    had tried out a pair of contact lens, acuvue monthly disposable type. feels very good when on photo-shooting. one thing i encounter is that whenever i'm in air-con room, espeacially those very cold type, my eyes started to feels very very dry but the optician say is normal. those who are wearing contact lens can give some infor or tips regarding this? or should i tried out some other brand as well if they behaves the same??
    thks
    get yourself some eye drops. do note that you can't use the normal eye drops with contact lens. got to buy special "lens drops". just read the box carefully when you buy. they are available everywhere nowadays.

  8. #8

    Default

    prefer contact lenses, much more comfortable for shooting, eye is nearer to viewfinder, and don't have glasses pressing against my face. only thing is my eyes get tired more easily...

  9. #9

    Default Tired eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by pai
    prefer contact lenses, much more comfortable for shooting, eye is nearer to viewfinder, and don't have glasses pressing against my face. only thing is my eyes get tired more easily...
    Wore contact 15 years. The lens tecnology has improved a lot. To feel less tired, the following may be helpful:

    a. Use correctly prescribed lens ***
    b. Keep lens very clean - clean, disinfect after use and rinse before wearing.***
    c. Lubricate when dry.
    d. Do not wear for more than 10 hours if possible.
    e. Use disposable type and change to new ones when the time is up. ***

  10. #10

    Default

    During my days in school, because we had to rush our film shoots and sometimes these shoots can run into the night, I had to wear my contacts up to 48 hours straight in a row without removing them.

    For sometime, my eyes suffered from excessive dryness and my optician told me that if I don't stop this crazy lifestyle of mine, he may have to stop prescribing contact lenses for me because it can result to blindness.

    He prescribed this eye gel for me, which is easily available in pharmacies. I apply it before I sleep every night and I don't experience the dryness feeling at cold places that much.

    In case if anybody is interested in the eye gel, here's the description -

    VIDISIC GEL
    Substitute for lacrimal fluid in dry eye.
    10g
    sterile ophthalmic gel
    S$13.50

    Regards,
    -Michelle-

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Western Reaches
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    During my days in school, because we had to rush our film shoots and sometimes these shoots can run into the night, I had to wear my contacts up to 48 hours straight in a row without removing them.

    For sometime, my eyes suffered from excessive dryness and my optician told me that if I don't stop this crazy lifestyle of mine, he may have to stop prescribing contact lenses for me because it can result to blindness.

    He prescribed this eye gel for me, which is easily available in pharmacies. I apply it before I sleep every night and I don't experience the dryness feeling at cold places that much.

    In case if anybody is interested in the eye gel, here's the description -

    VIDISIC GEL
    Substitute for lacrimal fluid in dry eye.
    10g
    sterile ophthalmic gel
    S$13.50

    Regards,
    -Michelle-

    Do we need a prescription for it or can just get it off the counter??

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    I used to wear Focus Day and Night contacts. Wore it even when I'm sleeping. With the exception of having dry eyes in the morning (of cos, with all ur eye bloogers around, it can get a little painful), no problem for me.

    Of cos, I switched back to glasses after using it for 1yr. Contacts are pretty ex for me.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calisc
    Do we need a prescription for it or can just get it off the counter??
    The last time I bought it was at Guardian. It was put beside all the eye drops, salines and contact lenses chemistry. So yeah, it should be available to everybody.

    Regards,
    -Michelle-

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    During my days in school, because we had to rush our film shoots and sometimes these shoots can run into the night, I had to wear my contacts up to 48 hours straight in a row without removing them.

    For sometime, my eyes suffered from excessive dryness and my optician told me that if I don't stop this crazy lifestyle of mine, he may have to stop prescribing contact lenses for me because it can result to blindness.

    He prescribed this eye gel for me, which is easily available in pharmacies. I apply it before I sleep every night and I don't experience the dryness feeling at cold places that much.

    In case if anybody is interested in the eye gel, here's the description -

    VIDISIC GEL
    Substitute for lacrimal fluid in dry eye.
    10g
    sterile ophthalmic gel
    S$13.50

    Regards,
    -Michelle-
    Michelle,
    I respect you for confessing such a crazy act in public. Our eyes and sight are precious. I rather drop two L lens into the deep blue sea than to go blind.

    Our eyes need to breath and stay healthy. No matter what the advert says, I do not sleep with my lens on. One luckless day, it may lead to an infection in our weakened eye with prolonged use of contact lens. In fact, I find it wonderful to let the eye rest from contact lens once a week. Let it oxygenate/breath better and be more moist. I feel that this has done my eyes a lot of good.

    Take care of our 8mm L lens - it has the most advance USM, AF & CCD system that in the world. Irreplaceable.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    Michelle,
    I respect you for confessing such a crazy act in public. Our eyes and sight are precious. I rather drop two L lens into the deep blue sea than to go blind.

    Our eyes need to breath and stay healthy. No matter what the advert says, I do not sleep with my lens on. One luckless day, it may lead to an infection in our weakened eye with prolonged use of contact lens. In fact, I find it wonderful to let the eye rest from contact lens once a week. Let it oxygenate/breath better and be more moist. I feel that this has done my eyes a lot of good.

    Take care of our 8mm L lens - it has the most advance USM, AF & CCD system that in the world. Irreplaceable.
    Hey man,
    Yeah I know. It's crazy but sometimes things are so packed, I really dun have the time to take them off.

    But right now, since I am not so involved in film so much these days, my eyes doesn't suffer so much with me.

    But anyhow, thanks for your advice. I will keep them in mind.

    Regards,
    -Michelle-

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •