Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223263146 ... LastLast

Thread: Any idea of finding a photography buddy?

Default Re: Any idea of finding a photography buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by canonmono View Post
    alright jokes aside, u ok there? getting emotional there?
    Nope. Hahahaha... I am fine. I just shouted at my colleague (good way to vent frustration)... no lah, I am a good guy... oops... good rhino.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

i didn't know you guys think about me all the time

Yes... we always think of you...
    Last edited by rhino123; 8th August 2011 at 03:10 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by keithzhoulw View Post
    noob here also... i dnt mind paying tuition fee in the form of 2 venti frappuccinos from Starbucks. one strawberries and cream, and the other soy green tea with black sesame seeds.

lone shooter here too. live in woodlands. any 1 near ??
    I stay in Woodlands too.

Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    I stay in Woodlands too.
    Let do a sentosa street shooting, always went there with a zoom lens and wooo .. even kei have to stand one side ..
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

Can use 18-55mm for NDP fireworks tomorrow?
    Cheap lenses are not good AND Good lenses are not cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    Can, of course. Just remember to bring your tripod... and a remote control. Set your lens to 18mm, then focus to infinity... next set your aperture to f11 to f16... oh... turn your lens to manual focus so that the focus will not run off.

I always use BULB mode for the shot. I assume you know what BULB mode is.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Can, of course. Just remember to bring your tripod... and a remote control. Set your lens to 18mm, then focus to infinity... next set your aperture to f11 to f16... oh... turn your lens to manual focus so that the focus will not run off.

I always use BULB mode for the shot. I assume you know what BULB mode is.
    Yeah I know what is it. Haha but how to use it? O.o hahaha only tried 30" before. Never use bulb.

Yeah I know what is it. Haha but how to use it? O.o hahaha only tried 30" before. Never use bulb.
    No need 30 second lah. BULB mode would allow your shutter to be open as long as the shutter release button is being pressed... I am imagine longer exposure of around a couple of seconds, so your hands would be at the shutter release button, would be good to use a remote control (wired) - more comfortable and less likely for accidently shaking the camera.
    My lousy shots

Let me give u my humble opinion, go find a good place and then set up everything and put ur camera to bulb mode 'B' and put ur lens to 18mm manual mode to infinity, connect a wired or wireless remote, for wired remote there shd be a latch to hold on and for wireless u need to hold on. When u hear 'boom' (fireworks that just shoot up) latch or hold on and count one thousand .. two thousand .. three thousand and put ur black card to cover the lens completely ( removed len hood, forget about cockster who say len hood be on at all times), wait and if got another fireworks then take away ur black card and repeat procedure and closed back, all this while the latch shd be activated at all times and when u thin ur done then unlatch it and u got ur nice fireworks .. correct me if im wrong but i tried this for all rehearsal and works like bee to honey ..
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

Let me give u my humble opinion, go find a good place and then set up everything and put ur camera to bulb mode 'B' and put ur lens to 18mm manual mode to infinity, connect a wired or wireless remote, for wired remote there shd be a latch to hold on and for wireless u need to hold on. When u hear 'boom' (fireworks that just shoot up) latch or hold on and count one thousand .. two thousand .. three thousand and put ur black card to cover the lens completely ( removed len hood, forget about cockster who say len hood be on at all times), wait and if got another fireworks then take away ur black card and repeat procedure and closed back, all this while the latch shd be activated at all times and when u thin ur done then unlatch it and u got ur nice fireworks .. correct me if im wrong but i tried this for all rehearsal and works like bee to honey ..
    Yep... that pretty much work... I just didn't bother to use the black card though (hahhahaha.).

Anyway, Csboi, you might want to read this,

http://www.digital-photography-schoo...raph-fireworks

pretty good read with alot of information.

One thing that is very important though - tripod. Get a tripod... couldn't stress that enough.
    My lousy shots

A bit chim leh, the part where you say black card that part. What's latch? Lol

Yep... that pretty much work... I just didn't bother to use the black card though (hahhahaha.).

Anyway, Csboi, you might want to read this,

http://www.digital-photography-schoo...raph-fireworks

pretty good read with alot of information.

One thing that is very important though - tripod. Get a tripod... couldn't stress that enough.
    Okay getting remote as well! Hahaha how to use bulb? Just press like normal shot?

Don't know about Nikon system. But for canon system, the remote control near the shutter relase button on the remote control is a movable part, where you can push up and down. That is the latch. When it was activated, it will keep the shutter release button activated, until the latch was pushed back.

I never use that function though, too much of a hassle.
    My lousy shots

for wired that have the latch where u push up and it will hold there instead of holding on the button ..
    for black card -> firework shoot up, u latch -> count one thousand to 3 thousand -> use black card cover the front lens element -> wait for next firework just like first step -> hear boom again then u remove black card -> count till 3 thousand -> cover back .. if still don understand, go MBS skypark, leave ur will and jump down .. solution to all solution ..

Sorry Sir, a bit too complex for me.. cannot really understand.. can i ask what is the black card for ??? many thanks
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Okay getting remote as well! Hahaha how to use bulb? Just press like normal shot?
    When in bulb mode, the shutter will remain open as long as the shutter release button are being pressed. The shutter will close once you release the shutter release button. Which means, you can press the shutter release button for hours and your shutter will open for hours... likewise, if you press for 1/1000 of a second, your shutter will open for 1/1000 of a second.

Yep, remote control is very very important here. It is cheap too... third party one will be around S$10 or lesser.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by jas1984 View Post
    Sorry Sir, a bit too complex for me.. cannot really understand.. can i ask what is the black card for ??? many thanks
    Read this, very good info.

http://www.photographymad.com/pages/...rk-photography

You can give your firework photography more impact by capturing several firework bursts in a single frame. To do so, set your camera to bulb mode and open the shutter for a long time. Then hold a piece of card in front of your lens to block out the light between fireworks, removing it every time a new firework explodes.
    Hope that make sense.
    My lousy shots

Hope that make sense.
    actually can be done with setting the timer as well in 'M' mode for ur camera .. done it before but guess u guys better start with bulb ..

actually can be done with setting the timer as well in 'M' mode for ur camera .. done it before but guess u guys better start with bulb ..
    Yeah. But you must time the firework very accurately. I am too lazy for that... and I always follow to my instinct... so I always use bulb mode. Hahahaha.

The black card tactic is really good... Never actually think of it before... hahahaha... look like I need to do a bit more reading.
    My lousy shots

Gonna try when I get home later. At cck stadium. Haha the swimming pool. Lol

Hope that make sense.
    Oh thanks for the information and the link.. will read more abt it... many thanks...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+