Thread: anyone project digital images on wall for viewing?

Default anyone project digital images on wall for viewing?

hi all,

anyone who has projected a well exposed slides can vow how nice they look. have anyone tried projecting a digital image(after PS if needed) using a projector on a a wall for viewing? does it gives the same effect as viewing a projected slide? thanks

Have not tried projecting digital images on wall. I believe that you will see faint lines and pixels of LCD projector at a close distance to a digital image while grain, fine/blurry details will be seen at close distances to a projected slide.

There's also a problem of calibrating the projector to show the colours correctly.

mean like monitor needs to be calibrated? how about colour wise? if i saturate an image in PS will it give the saturatoin like a velvia slide? thanks

All format of output needs to be calibrated before they appear the same as each other i.e. monitor, printer, projector, etc. Otherwise your colours will appear off from one output to another. But I was told that calibration of projector is expensive as it also requires special hardware to do it.