Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Paper New Face Grand Finals!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rebel
    what's up with the judges? the winners are all rojak.
    I think my pic don't do them justice lah.
    In any case, you shouldn't make such a remark.
    They are really lovely. Still young and not so polished though. There's a few potential good models amongst the other contestants also.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    I took something similar with my nikon video cam....
    Actually, I can't stand people who hog the subjects as if they are the official photographers unless they are of course. These are the people who make organisers think twice about letting non-official photographers take pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    Actually, I can't stand people who hog the subjects as if they are the official photographers unless they are of course. These are the people who make organisers think twice about letting non-official photographers take pictures.
    Yeah agree with your viewpoint. The management was very kind to let you guys into the arena to shoot even though we aren't official photogs with passes. Almost all the photogs were well behaved until the very last part of the show, after the crowning of the winner, when there was a mad scramble up the stage to grab shots of the winning contestant. She was almost smothered by the overeager shutterbugs, poor thing... Same thing did happen last year too...

Newman: Nice meeting you and the other CS-ers there. Sorry abt your body and flash, luckily the flash took the brunt of the impact, at least the body still working fine. Maybe to feel really safe, you could send the body + flash to Canon Service Center for a "checkup".

Btw mpenza, nice capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Newman: Nice meeting you and the other CS-ers there. Sorry abt your body and flash, luckily the flash took the brunt of the impact, at least the body still working fine. Maybe to feel really safe, you could send the body + flash to Canon Service Center for a "checkup".

Btw mpenza, nice capture.
    Nice meeting u too Garion. Actually I met u before but u can't remember liao. It was at last year's Busker's Fest along Orchard. Anyway, if I can't improve on my shoot tomorrow then I'll consider visiting Canon. Btw, this incident reminds me of the time I was at this Chinese dance troupe performance at Raffles City. Some caucasian actually dropped a lens from the 2nd floor! I couldn't tell what lens it was as it was smashed! But it was a small one though. Probably a 50mm prime.

Actually, there were about 3-4 press / magazine photogs who were there to do their jobs.... so don't be too quick to judge. The organiser actually asked the winner to pose for the photogs for a limited time and at the end of it actually told them something like, "OK last few shots!" So that segment was actually part of the whole thing I think.

So, I think this was pretty OK. Its not like they jumped on stage 1/2 way, as I recall an old incident.

My opinion... don't flame me please!

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Actually, there were about 3-4 press / magazine photogs who were there to do their jobs.... so don't be too quick to judge. The organiser actually asked the winner to pose for the photogs for a limited time and at the end of it actually told them something like, "OK last few shots!" So that segment was actually part of the whole thing I think.
    Heehee, but how many are there during the "final" moments.

Looks like a two dozens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus

So, I think this was pretty OK. Its not like they jumped on stage 1/2 way, as I recall an old incident.

My opinion... don't flame me please!
    I saw one of the organiser talking to a photog on stage. At first, I had the impression that he was telling him to get off but on the contrary, he was one of the official ones. But I heard a remark from behind where we were shooting about us being paparazzi shooters. Piang!

Paparazzi? Hmm......actually 50-500 is pretty small (and light). 400/2.8 or 500/4 for close-ups. Imagine the head as a sandpiper......

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Paparazzi? Hmm......actually 50-500 is pretty small (and light). 400/2.8 or 500/4 for close-ups. Imagine the head as a sandpiper......
    Pengz....that type of lens the organizer sure ban from there one....the size of the thing is Really can do headshot liao.

50-500 is a pretty versatile lens for such events I feel. Spotted at least 4 just now.

Interesting. I got 2 shots at 500mm, 1/80 and 1/60s f8 which are quite sharp by the 50-500 standard....something like 800 sharp pixels vertical. That's 3 stops advantage from 1/750s. Somemore it's the worst way of monopoding (ie perpendicular to the ground).

Maybe it's time to get a 70-200/2.8 or something that can do low light.
    Last edited by 2100; 2nd October 2004 at 10:10 AM.

btw, some shots are posted here: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=94740

Check them out

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    The timings are here:
    Sat 2 Oct 2004 (3pm, 4pm, 5pm & 7pm);
    Sun 3 Oct 2004 (1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm & 6pm)
    http://www.takashimaya-sin.com/index-sg.html
    Scroll to the bottom of the list. There's also a make-up competition on 7/10.

Anyone going?

I went. Priority seating given to taka visa holders.

more shows tomorrow. several of the shows showcase fashion for kids and guys.

Yup, like Oosh Koosh Begoosh.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345