Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Paper New Face Grand Finals!

Deregistered

can't remember about last year, but this year it was like a chinese dinner - so says starts at 7pm, but no action till almost 8pm...

surprises of surprises, Garion was unarmed at the event! he's going cold TURKEY after shooting birds...

saw the incident. the body is ok... but the flash probably need some repair.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    saw the incident. the body is ok... but the flash probably need some repair.
    Yeah, some minor repair needed. Or perhaps getting the new 580EX.

In case anyone wondered, no, it's not me.

Here's a pic of the very happy winner:

It wasn't me either hope the cam's ok.. AJ din see you with your cam, din shoot ar you? Anyway i left halfway coz was so pissed with a family who just barged in with kids and all and they kept bumping into me coz the kids were climbing on the white fence ... anyway who won?

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    Here's a pic of the very happy winner:
    wow! nice shot! wat settings u used?

It was me!!! Waaaaaaaaaahhhhh!
    Luckily the flash took the brunt of the fall so cam was fine. E-TTL seems to work perfectly now though.
    The swivel neck came loose. Trying to fix it myself. Actually my heart didn't feel much pain. My heart broke when I saw my pix. Really sucks. Thought it was the cam's fault but did some test shots at home and it was fine.
    I tried using the Sigma 50-500mm at first but it wasn't easy to handle and hard to get good shots. My first time using it for low-light. Then switched to my 70-200mm IS and used AI Focus as the contestants were moving quite fast but the shots didn't turn out much better. Anyway, I will probably go down to try out some fashion shots at Taka also. Anyone want to join me? This time I will wrap my cam and lens with styrofoam.

when the fashion show be held?

The timings are here:
    Sat 2 Oct 2004 (3pm, 4pm, 5pm & 7pm);
    Sun 3 Oct 2004 (1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm & 6pm)
    http://www.takashimaya-sin.com/index-sg.html
    Scroll to the bottom of the list. There's also a make-up competition on 7/10.

Here's a pic of the top 3 winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    It wasn't me either hope the cam's ok.. AJ din see you with your cam, din shoot ar you? Anyway i left halfway coz was so pissed with a family who just barged in with kids and all and they kept bumping into me coz the kids were climbing on the white fence ... anyway who won?
    Should have told them off or at least tell their parents. I would blame the parents for not disciplining their kids.
    Mpenza already posted the pic of the winner.

Alright.....saw so many guys makaning the 3 winners at the front after the event when they were posing for photos. (what for....press already left i guess......actually was there any press/media other than TNP?). Think the gals were thinking we were from simi agency or press. I want to see the pic from behind (someone took it) showing all the hungry photogs' faces.

yupz saw the pic Mpenza posted.. saw ur pic too was expecting the 1st runner up to win

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Alright.....saw so many guys makaning the 3 winners at the front after the event when they were posing for photos. (what for....press already left i guess......actually was there any press other than TNP?). Think the gals were thinking we were from simi agency or press. I want to see the pic from behind (someone took it) showing all the hungry photogs' faces.
    Hehe, I have a WA of all the hungry ...

Newman, i think u accidentally pressed on the lens release button. Else it will not dismount when dropped. I dropped my 50-500 too from 1.5m and it was way worse than yours (from the sound of it, and on pure concrete) but the mount was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    Got got, just kept in the bag at then, bring out must carry, lazy.

Bad kiddies and irresponsible parents.

Mpenza got the shots.

Newman, i think u accidentally pressed on the lens release button. Else it will not dismount when dropped. I dropped my 50-500 too from 1.5m and it was way worse than yours (from the sound of it, and on pure concrete) but the mount was ok.
    lucky you... honest.. u real lucky..

guys take note: wanna buy 50 - 500 better beware... LOLx

what's up with the judges? the winners are all rojak.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    The timings are here:
    Sat 2 Oct 2004 (3pm, 4pm, 5pm & 7pm);
    Sun 3 Oct 2004 (1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm & 6pm)
    http://www.takashimaya-sin.com/index-sg.html
    Scroll to the bottom of the list. There's also a make-up competition on 7/10.

Here's a pic of the top 3 winners.

Yep you are right. I accidentally pressed the lens release button when we were moving to another spot after the security let us through the barrier. I remember pressing it but was too eager to shift that I forgot to double check. Luckily the lens was securely fastened to my monopod and luckily the cheapest part (flash) took the impact. 1.5m??? Goodness! Did you break any glass???

Alright.....saw so many guys makaning the 3 winners at the front after the event when they were posing for photos. (what for....press already left i guess......actually was there any press/media other than TNP?). Think the gals were thinking we were from simi agency or press. I want to see the pic from behind (someone took it) showing all the hungry photogs' faces.
    I took something similar with my nikon video cam....

Proof:
    http://fun.musicsg.com/modules.php?s...view_photo.php

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast