Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Paper New Face Grand Finals!

Just passed Taka and saw the stage and chairs filled the event site. Looks like some kind of invitation needed to get to the seats, else need tripod/monopod & long fast lens to take from the distance.

Just 'chiong' in can?

Quote Originally Posted by jamestyemk
    Just passed Taka and saw the stage and chairs filled the event site. Looks like some kind of invitation needed to get to the seats, else need tripod/monopod & long fast lens to take from the distance.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Cannot 'chiong' in.
    Last year u needed a invitation card to get inside, something like "Friends of Taka" or something like that. If u stand on the sideway, u still can shoot lah, no need to be so near.

OK. Thanx for the info. I'm just asking for the sake of those going tonight. Me can't make it.

Hundreds of photos to touchup. So staying at home and save some $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Cannot 'chiong' in.
    Last year u needed a invitation card to get inside, something like "Friends of Taka" or something like that. If u stand on the sideway, u still can shoot lah, no need to be so near.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

hmm feel like going down but is the 18-55 enuff to shoot? can anyone who have gone b4 tell me? thx!

18-55 can only shoot the whole stage, cannot take tight half body shot. The stage is quite far away from where u will stand. You need something like 85mm and above for close up, 1 body shot.
    PS If u shoot digital, u can shoot the whole stage and later crop out the image area you like.

18-55 can only shoot the whole stage, cannot take tight half body shot. The stage is quite far away from where u will stand. You need something like 85mm and above for close up, 1 body shot.
    PS If u shoot digital, u can shoot the whole stage and later crop out the image area you like.
    I'm a bump . How's the lighting there cause didn't bring my flash today. Feel like joining u folks for some fun.

hmm ok, cos the 55 is mounted on the digital so effectively will have 88mm plus im using digital so can crop, thx! shld be going down later with my 20d

but i no flash unit, built in flash shld be enuff?

Deregistered

According to exp, built in flash would not be able to hit the stage if the areas are cordoned off.

If you all need a flash, Lords is just across Ngeeann City.

Haha...

Espn... then will you be @ the cashier @ Lords to say...

BUY BUY BUY!

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    According to exp, built in flash would not be able to hit the stage if the areas are cordoned off.

If you all need a flash, Lords is just across Ngeeann City.
    haha, Lords is just across, the other Lords are up above NAC....
    ppl without zoom, don't waste yr time shooting, juz enjoy the show.... no point oso having flash.... if got no invite, then probably 200mm minimum, ideally 300mm.
    always the Light, .... always.

sian then dun go liao like tt... hahaha... ok next is 580ex n 70-200 F4/L... hahaha... hmm got cheaper 70-200 or not arh? anyone can recommend? (OT)

see ya guys there... "chope" a spot for me if possible...hehe gtg

Heh! See you guys man! This is like a yearly pilgrim.
    I will bring my enhanced magic stick along.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyb
    sian then dun go liao like tt... hahaha... ok next is 580ex n 70-200 F4/L... hahaha... hmm got cheaper 70-200 or not arh? anyone can recommend? (OT)
    I see you no up

AT LEAST A 70-200 f/2.8L IS LAH!!!! Ask harlequin, he was using it last year for the shoot

Lightbulb

Taka management was super friendly to photographers. I remember last year the security actually wanted to stop the photographers, then the Japanese boss saw it and asked the security to let them continue. They were so good, so we should shop there more, and bring our wives, girlfriends, daughters, all shop there.
    i 'll second what Austin has proposed. Last year, i felt like writing to the mgt to show my appreciation to them for being accomodative towards photographers at their fashion shows. Alas, did not get around to do it.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 1st October 2004 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    I'm a bump . How's the lighting there cause didn't bring my flash today. Feel like joining u folks for some fun.
    Just returned with a sore back from prolonged standing on the bench. Very tough shooting w/o flash. Ended up shooting all at ISO3200. Everything moving so fast. Me slowpoke had to play catchup.

Now I really appreciate those eye popping fashion pixs in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I see you no up

AT LEAST A 70-200 f/2.8L IS LAH!!!! Ask harlequin, he was using it last year for the shoot
    hahaha too poor no moola leh

...going to work and aim for 1 though haha...

Deregistered

ouch for the fellow who dropped his dslr body + flash...

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    ouch for the fellow who dropped his dslr body + flash...
    geez.... isit one of the cs photogs? wah... really heartpain leh like tt...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast