Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Paper New Face Grand Finals!

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Yah I still remember last year. Me, you, Harlequin.....gremlin too rite??
    me too!!! Harlequin and me took 1/2 day leave.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    Lol....oh yah me remember now. We were the earliest LOL.

So going down again tml?

yup! will be there. see you!

you guys are hardcore man... i could only reach there earliest 6+. hope have some space for my big size.

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin
    Ok, I am camping there thurs night after 9pm. Anyone wants to join me?
    Remember, don't feed after 12am.

Wahh... u camping there so early ah? Was there in the evening, the workers' still busy setting up the stage.

So sad ... probably going to give it a miss as on course ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    On course till so late ah? Lots of pretty MM wor...

Deregistered

Yeah, met Clown for the first time there also, also met Zplus with his 300D + 50-500 as well. Hehe.

I'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    Wow you guys really know how to enjoy yourself.

I shall be there, support my friend cheng ling she is one of the contestant.

300N

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Come to think of it, mabbe should have borrowed ur drat-tat-tat-tat to shoot since you not shooting. Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin
    Ok, I am camping there thurs night after 9pm. Anyone wants to join me?
    wah u staying overnite huh... if it rains u see a horde of gremlins at taka if u know wat i mean...heh

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Last year, everyone also can shoot, Taka management is very friendly to photographers. (we should shop there more in return ) They will probably block off the center area and reserve the chair and space for the invited guests and judges. Outsiders can stand along the walking corriders and aim and shoot. If u want a good spot, u should go there very early, to "chop" the place.

wah.. can't make it so early .. earliest reach there at 7pm. Can't "Chope" place.. maybe borrow ladder from management..hehe

Deregistered

Last year we were allowed to go up front, even on the stage to shoot, Indeed very nice gesture of them.

I still remember Garion CHIONG all the way to the front. Hehehe. mpenza just got his 300D then.

Taka management was super friendly to photographers. I remember last year the security actually wanted to stop the photographers, then the Japanese boss saw it and asked the security to let them continue. They were so good, so we should shop there more, and bring our wives, girlfriends, daughters, all shop there.

Taka management was super friendly to photographers. I remember last year the security actually wanted to stop the photographers, then the Japanese boss saw it and asked the security to let them continue. They were so good, so we should shop there more, and bring our wives, girlfriends, daughters, all shop there.
    maybe I should go n peek.. hehe..

Well said Astin. With photographers around, it means that the event has got much publicity. If the security blocked us, then by all means. No photographers in these kind of events mean

Generally, I think locals are more careful not to allow photographers into the premises. If they're not sure, then it's best that we're not allowed. Japanese are very 'photographer-friendly'. They regard photographers as someone with special skills, and welcome them in any events. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Uh oh. Well, isn't it right most of the cameras are manufactured by Japanese these days. Why should them stop photographers? Let's think if all Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Kyocera, Yashica, Konica Minolta etc. were made by Singapore... well maybe Singaporeans even invite photographers from Japan coming down here to shoot

IMHO, the social attitude of a security guy and a boss makes a lil difference here. And that's why one is a security guard and one is a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Well said Astin. With photographers around, it means that the event has got much publicity. If the security blocked us, then by all means. No photographers in these kind of events mean

Generally, I think locals are more careful not to allow photographers into the premises. If they're not sure, then it's best that we're not allowed. Japanese are very 'photographer-friendly'. They regard photographers as someone with special skills, and welcome them in any events. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it's just different perspective of looking at things for different people.

The boss will look at the marketing aspect of it. More photographers meaning the event is popular and thus will invite more people to come to the shopping centre to spend.

The security guy will look at the security (obviously) aspect of it. Taking pictures may post a security threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Niels
    Uh oh. Well, isn't it right most of the cameras are manufactured by Japanese these days. Why should them stop photographers? Let's think if all Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Kyocera, Yashica, Konica Minolta etc. were made by Singapore... well maybe Singaporeans even invite photographers from Japan coming down here to shoot

IMHO, the social attitude of a security guy and a boss makes a lil difference here. And that's why one is a security guard and one is a boss.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast