Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: zoom lens

Default Re: zoom lens

This virus no cure liao lar.....
    Got cure is unless whole SG internet down....
    Love the life you live, live the life you love - DreamszPhoto

Quote Originally Posted by dreamsz
    I also gana infected... Wanted to buy 24-70mm F2.8. But it over lap my kit lens 18-135. In the end I bought 50mm F1.8. Which is good for me. As most of the time I take portrait.

Also recent I borrow 55-250mm. Looks like it does not suit my needs. I don't do bird shooting. And when I need the zoom, will be taking landscape. So I think I will rent it when I go overseas.

Also 55-250 good for event. Did it with my friend's camera. But short of flash... Become I pump up the iso till 1600...

Quote Originally Posted by rvf79 View Post
    I also gana infected... Wanted to buy 24-70mm F2.8. But it over lap my kit lens 18-135. In the end I bought 50mm F1.8. Which is good for me. As most of the time I take portrait.

Also recent I borrow 55-250mm. Looks like it does not suit my needs. I don't do bird shooting. And when I need the zoom, will be taking landscape. So I think I will rent it when I go overseas.
    The overlapping doesn't count in this case as you are comparing an f2.8 lens with a slower lens, not enough reason to stop the BBB

55-250 is actually a pretty nice lens for it's weight and cost...It's also quite nice for close-up works too. and it costs ~$250 in b&s
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Also 55-250 good for event. Did it with my friend's camera. But short of flash... Become I pump up the iso till 1600...
    What lens is good for events (or any other type of photography) is dependent on your individual style. For me, I prefer wide angles, so even if you give me a 70-200 f2.8, chances are it's going to be used much less than, say, a 17-50 or even 12-24. Also, the 55-250 has a pretty small maximum aperture, so it's not really good for indoor/night events. Even if you have flash, because you would probably be quite far from your subject, your flash will have to work much harder, sometimes not even providing enough light.

I'm not saying the 55-250 is bad, but such considerations have to be taken into account when making a decision on whether or not to buy.
    Last edited by brapodam; 31st July 2011 at 10:58 PM.

It's cost during dat time. I do not have flash. If not I will use her 18-50mm kit lens. The effect compared from near shoot and far shot have some diff, as I do not need to run ard to take the picture when they are getting their prizes. Haha.

Maybe I will ask her to buy ext flash, or ask them to tell me one day in advance so I can bring my camera over.

55-250 i was recommended by the shop people.
    But hor, didnt buy that time. Like too much liao. 200m still ok for me.
    Hmm.... Virus......
    Bags.... diez....... that B bag like very nice..... the price very GG also.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamsz View Post
    55-250 i was recommended by the shop people.
    But hor, didnt buy that time. Like too much liao. 200m still ok for me.
    Hmm.... Virus......
    Bags.... diez....... that B bag like very nice..... the price very GG also.....
    seems that your virus is getting deeper
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by dreamsz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    seems that your virus is getting deeper

To cure the virus, take 2 lens cap every 2 hourly with 3 CPL and suck on a 50mm lens for 1 week. If symptoms persists, repeat reccomended dose till you get sick of photography.................
    Take the shot!

So bad.....
    But hor, sling bag.....
    I don't like crumpler one.
    And i saw the Bill........ omg, so nice... but i saw the pounds price also .... *faint*
    Then..... saw domke.... but dont know good bo.... and i cant seem to find the price in google.....

So bad.....
    But hor, sling bag.....
    And i saw the Bill........ omg, so nice... but i saw the pounds price also .... *faint*
    Then..... saw domke.... but dont know good bo.... and i cant seem to find the price in google.....
    Choose properly in what you want before spending the money k? Don buy already later regret, say aiya should have bought the other one or what ever it is. Choose wisely!

So bad.....
    But hor, sling bag.....
    As for the Bill bags, don just look at the pounds pricing on their website. Do check out hk prices as well as sg's.

Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    As for the Bill bags, don just look at the pounds pricing on their website. Do check out hk prices as well as sg's.
    Orh... i will. Thanks thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12