Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    Hi,

    I tried to send to the given email as well. contest@foxinternationalchannel.com
    However it got email delivery failure. Maybe you want to check if yours too.
    My failure mail end up in SPAM/ Junk folder.

    Hopefully they can get back to us soon. Not sure if we should just turn up or not if by today there is no updates.

  2. #22
    Member weiteck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    ...think i will call them after 130pm (after lunch break)
    better to confirm early so Fair for anyone who took leave to attend can cancel leave if needed while still office hour today.

  3. #23
    Member weiteck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    @tazzy ; my email didn't bounce

    Guys (& Ladies) i get to Fox Channel (they own NatGeo)
    They told me they have 7 name with full details on their side.

    they used a PR firm Fleishman-Hillard representing National Geographic, to post in this thread.
    Hence the confusion.

    The marketing Lady i spoke to; have to check with their Co-organizer, Capitaland, before sending out confirmation.

    Let just wait.............
    Last edited by weiteck; 4th August 2011 at 02:06 PM.

  4. #24
    Member weiteck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    Done...The Fox Channel Lady kindly get back to me with the confirmed Name list which they passed to Capitaland.
    Capitaland will send out the confirmation by end of today.

    Nickname:
    1. coolthought
    2. eil23
    3. weiteck
    4. jueming
    5. paulng
    6. kinachi
    7. lightstocker
    8. tazzy
    9. daredevil123
    10. edwardv
    11. forgecrew1
    12. yu jianzhi

    so no worries, for those in the list.
    I wonder how much they pay the PR firm....should pay to me...Wahaaaa....
    Cya guys (and Ladies) tml

  5. #25

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    Dear All,

    People who have registered for the seminar before our cut-off yesterday will receive an email invitation to their personal email account within today.

    Confirmed members listed as below:

    1. coolthought
    2. eil23
    3. weiteck
    4. jueming
    5. paulng
    6. kinachi
    7. lightstocker
    8. tazzy
    9. daredevil123
    10. edwardv
    11. forgecrew1
    12. yu jianzhi

  6. #26

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    PM info already and didnt receive anything. Anyone gotten anything yet?
    D90|18-105mm|50mm 1.8|

  7. #27
    Member weiteck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    i still had not receive any confirmation email.
    so the 12 persons in the given name list above.
    are u still turning up,with out invite? or we go and tell them the issue on-site?
    or we just forget about this whole thing?

  8. #28
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    Quote Originally Posted by weiteck View Post
    i still had not receive any confirmation email.
    so the 12 persons in the given name list above.
    are u still turning up,with out invite? or we go and tell them the issue on-site?
    or we just forget about this whole thing?
    If I do not see the email before I sleep tonight, I will not be showing up for the event tomorrow. I will treat it as cancelled.

  9. #29
    Member yu jianzhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    I registered with my school lol
    Only Good thing about CS Worth Watching is Kopitiam And B&S Section ... , no offence

  10. #30
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    Quote Originally Posted by Building People 2011 View Post
    Dear All,

    People who have registered for the seminar before our cut-off yesterday will receive an email invitation to their personal email account within today.

    Confirmed members listed as below:

    1. coolthought
    2. eil23
    3. weiteck
    4. jueming
    5. paulng
    6. kinachi
    7. lightstocker
    8. tazzy
    9. daredevil123
    10. edwardv
    11. forgecrew1
    12. yu jianzhi
    I did not receive your email. I am turning in soon. That means I will not show up for tomorrow because I am not sure of the details or whether I am in or not. I cannot hold time for something not confirmed. Sorry.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 4th August 2011 at 10:15 PM.

  11. #31

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    just checked my email and didnt get anything. Moderators pls dont penalize me for not showing up for this event! Not that I dont want to go! lol
    D90|18-105mm|50mm 1.8|

  12. #32
    ClubSNAP Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP
    Posts
    667,073

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    Guys, I have just msg the organisers regarding this issue.

    Hope they will resolve this shortly.

  13. #33
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Guys, I have just msg the organisers regarding this issue.

    Hope they will resolve this shortly.
    Thanks Simon for taking the action to resolve this. However, the event is early tomorrow morning, and as of now, I have yet to receive any email. Another person on the list whom I know has already received the email. So I am not sure what is the issue here. I have to apologize but I cannot possibly make time on a weekday for an event that is not confirmed for me. I hope you understand. We have other responsibilities to answer to. As much as I would like to attend this, I would have to let this go, seeing how my inbox is still empty.

    Thanks for trying to take care of this though. Hope it works out for the rest of the guys.

  14. #34
    ClubSNAP Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP
    Posts
    667,073

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    No worries, you guys have tried your best.

    We appreciated your patient in regards to this issue.


    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Thanks Simon for taking the action to resolve this. However, the event is early tomorrow morning, and as of now, I have yet to receive any email. Another person on the list whom I know has already received the email. So I am not sure what is the issue here. I have to apologize but I cannot possibly make time on a weekday for an event that is not confirmed for me. I hope you understand. We have other responsibilities to answer to. As much as I would like to attend this, I would have to let this go, seeing how my inbox is still empty.

    Thanks for trying to take care of this though. Hope it works out for the rest of the guys.

  15. #35
    Member weiteck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    i sent an email to The organiser & i cc to the other ppl on the list above.
    The least that can be offer to us is a decent explanation for the screw-up.

  16. #36

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    Appreciate bro Simon for trying to reach out to the organizer but pls dont wait any further and lose sleep over it.

    Similar to bro Daredevil, there is nothing in my inbox except the email forwarded by Weiteck. Guess its not going to happen for me either... dun understand the breakdown of communication but such is life... But life still goes on. =)

    Cheers All!
    D90|18-105mm|50mm 1.8|

  17. #37
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    Quote Originally Posted by weiteck View Post
    i sent an email to The organiser & i cc to the other ppl on the list above.
    The least that can be offer to us is a decent explanation for the screw-up.
    Although the mail came from Fox media, they did say in the email that CapitaLand is supposed to send out the invite email.

    I am also very surprised by how the folks at Fox media give out people's contact list and personal information so freely without forethought. Hmmmm...

    I will not participate in any events from CapitaLand or Fox media from now on. Seems like they have yet to get their act together in terms of managing events and/or privacy.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 5th August 2011 at 01:06 AM.

  18. #38
    Member weiteck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    What was communicated to me over the phone this afternoon was that Fox (which own NatGeo) has a PR firm handling these.
    The one who handle the PR firm is in Hong Kong. While location-owner - cum- co-Organiser (Capitaland), supposed to send out the invite.

    So the issue is One event, 4 Parties pushing the blame around...

    @daredevil123
    Don't worry, i will not stalk u...
    I agree with u. i was surprised when they sent me the name list with the full details.
    When i asked about who is confirmed in their invitation list; without checking my identity.

    @Simon (ClubSNAP Admin)
    Should not let Marketing/PR firm use public forum as a tool in this such irresponsible manner.
    of coz we need them to spread information and build relationship here. but definitely not in this manner.


    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Although the mail came from Fox media, they did say in the email that CapitaLand is supposed to send out the invite email.

    I am also very surprised by how the folks at Fox media give out people's contact list and personal information so freely without forethought. Hmmmm...

    I will not participate in any events from CapitaLand or Fox media from now on. Seems like they have yet to get their act together in terms of managing events and/or privacy.

  19. #39
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    Just received the emails (2 emails actually, the first one missed the Time and venue).

    But it is too late in the game for me to shift my commitments to attend this on short notice.

    The rest of you guys, have fun. And please feedback to the organizers on their efficiency (or lack of) in their communications.

  20. #40
    Member weiteck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

    ...maybe we are just on the reserve list?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •