Thread: Front lens cap for SONY Alpha

Smile Front lens cap for SONY Alpha

Dear All,

Would you kindly suggest where I could by the front lens cap for Sony Alpha 18-55mm kit lens. Mine is broken and when I called up the Sony service center, its not available here and they have to ship it from Japan and will cost ~S$30 and 2 weeks to deliver. The product is this:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/dsl-le...ories/alc-f55a

Is there any shop in Singapore selling the same? Even a duplicate one will do. I just need to cover the lens.

Thanks in advance,

Karikodan

Default Re: Front lens cap for SONY Alpha

Lens caps without Sony logo are available in many shops for a few bucks. Just get one according front diameter. Most kit lenses have 58mm. If you need the Sony logo then check MS Color, for a start.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by karikodan View Post
    Dear All,

Would you kindly suggest where I could by the front lens cap for Sony Alpha 18-55mm kit lens. Mine is broken and when I called up the Sony service center, its not available here and they have to ship it from Japan and will cost ~S$30 and 2 weeks to deliver. The product is this:

Is there any shop in Singapore selling the same? Even a duplicate one will do. I just need to cover the lens.

Thanks in advance,

Karikodan
    U can look to ebay.

And what is the thread size of your lens. You just need to go to the shop and tell them you want size so and so front cab... and normally they would have if the size is common (and it don't come with a brand on the cab itself).

Most probably OP would carry some.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Dear All,

Thanks in advance,

Karikodan

You can try THIS site for starters.
    Hopefully you can find what you're looking for
    Exploring! :)

Just go walk one round in funan. Sure can find the cover.

Dear All,

Thanks in advance,

Karikodan
    I got mine from sgcamerastore for $10

Address = NO. 5 Coleman Street 02-18 Excelsior Shopping Center

look around B n S section..
    saw one guy selling front n back for $10 bucks.
    U might get lucky.