Thread: Sandisk Extreme III

Default Sandisk Extreme III

shiok probably that's why prices are being pushed so low now.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    shiok probably that's why prices are being pushed so low now.
    Yup, probably clearing stocks of the old Ultra II for the new Ultra II and Extreme III. So its time to BUY BUY BUY! Maybe we can do a MO from states which prices are really good. My Ultra II is arriving this week.

Btw, I read on the net that test shows the Ultra II to be faster then the 80x Lexar when used on the 20D. And the 20D CF write perf is better then the 1 D Mk II. Haven't done any test myself but its what I read.

I don't know about the 20D's write speed over the mk II but I can tell you for a comparable CF and SD card used on the Mk II, the SD blows the CF out of the water. It's really too bad larger capacity SD cards are not that affordable yet, nor available widely.

What happened to the designation "Extreme II"?

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I don't know about the 20D's write speed over the mk II but I can tell you for a comparable CF and SD card used on the Mk II, the SD blows the CF out of the water. It's really too bad larger capacity SD cards are not that affordable yet, nor available widely.
    That's interesting news... this I shall tell my frnds with the Mk II about this. I think you may see a dip in prices for the SD card as we have seen for the CF cards since sandisk is rolling out new ones. I heard they will announce new prices on 1st October. Of course, these prices apply more for USA. But I guess we can order them. Including shipping its still pretty cheap.

Yes, SD speed on the 1D MK2 is really FAST.

BUY BUY BUY

Way too fast for current technology standards. Need to wait for next generation bodies, i don't think the regular off-the-shelf USB 2 Hi-speed card readers are that fast too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    That's interesting news... this I shall tell my frnds with the Mk II about this. I think you may see a dip in prices for the SD card as we have seen for the CF cards since sandisk is rolling out new ones. I heard they will announce new prices on 1st October. Of course, these prices apply more for USA. But I guess we can order them. Including shipping its still pretty cheap.
    can pass a Ultra II SD card for him to test it's the main card for my nikon digital video camera.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    can pass a Ultra II SD card for him to test it's the main card for my nikon digital video camera.
    During the recent CommunicAsia, a pal tested the new SD card then at Panasonic booth with his MK 2, it's 8fps all the way till the card finishes, that's how fast it's.

How big is the SD cards?

Quote Originally Posted by John Tan
    How big is the SD cards?
    I believe they were 1 gb if I remember correctly.

According to the supplied article, it seems that the speed in SD is due to the better specifications standard compared to CF. With the new CF standards (used in Extreme III), I'll not be surprised if the performance will be on par with SD.

guess it's really like wat 2100 has said.. "way too fast" oredi.. But then again.. dun u think the current read/write speed for ultra 2 is relatively ok for most cam?

unless the future gen cam bodies can perform like maybe 15 frames per sec, only then might we need to have such a great speed for the cards.. in the meantime.. it sounds abit overkill to me..