Thread: windows operating system

Default windows operating system

HELP!!!! I need help on windows operating system.....

Mine is windows98 BUT my digicam manual says tat usb connection operating system is windows 2000 or window xp....while the software operating system windows98 can...HELP!!!

so how i can upgrade??

Quote Originally Posted by asheley
    HELP!!!! I need help on windows operating system.....

Mine is windows98 BUT my digicam manual says tat usb connection operating system is windows 2000 or window xp....while the software operating system windows98 can...HELP!!!

so how i can upgrade??
    upgrade to Win2K lor...
    ask around any1 got win2k installation disk
    or but it from those shop... u know what I referring..

Deregistered

Win98 only the Second Edition supports USB. Win98 doesn't. You'll need to upgrade to at least Win98SE and download the drivers for the camera from the support website, if it doesn't, you'll need to upgrade to Win2K/XP.

then upgrade will cost how much?

First check whether your PC had any usb port. If have, check whether the operating system is win98 SE.

If yes, can get any usb card reader with win98 driver (need to install first) to read your memory card.

If no, get a new computer. I don't think the pc with win98 only is worth upgrading to winxp as the hardware spec might not meet the requirement.

cannot just upgrade one, your hardware may be very old and does not have xp drivers. if you just upgrade your OS, other staff might not work eg sound card, vga card..etc...
    Objection !!!

Not really, unless using an ancient 286 I've installed XP on an old Pentium-S with some junky EDO RAM, some old IBM 6GB HDD and weird sound card (diamond something). Everything works just fine. Much slower than win98 though.

Quote Originally Posted by sriram
    Not really, unless using an ancient 286 I've installed XP on an old Pentium-S with some junky EDO RAM, some old IBM 6GB HDD and weird sound card (diamond something). Everything works just fine. Much slower than win98 though.

tat because diamond is a branded staff. try upgrading system with never-heard-before brand.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sriram
    Don't forget you need a min of 256MB RAM just to run WinXP alone otherwise it's real slow. If you want to edit photos, get at least 512MB.