Thread: Any Crumpler 8 million Dollars Bag user

Default Any Crumpler 8 million Dollars Bag user

I am thinking of getting this bag, price is abt $240. Any advice if this bag is good ?

Default Re: Any Crumpler 8 million Dollars Bag user

With this budget I recommend you to head down to shops like TK Foto and try out other bags like Thinktank. IMHO there are better bags than Crumpler ones in this price range
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    I am thinking of getting this bag, price is abt $240. Any advice if this bag is good ?
    i have it n it survived rain and splashing sea water when i was at phuket, with my equipment still completely dry. it's big n can store lots of stuff inside but do take note that it is a sling bag. it's not great for lugging it around loaded with all ur gear n other stuff for hours since u will be carrying the bag with 1 shoulder only. there r times when i wish i should haf gotten a backpack instead
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

is it able to fit a d7000 w grip? tripod ?

Yes and yes. Check out this video review:

Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

I have one. It's pretty nice and big, can be used to carry some thin files or a netbook in addition to the camera, so it's useful if you wanna carry other stuff, but prefer to bring just one bag. Like most crumplers the material is of high quality. I've only had it for a month plus, but my 4 year old "crumpler complete seed" is holding out well and looks reasonably new till date: I believe the 8mdh should be the same

Here's what I can stuff into mine.

Nikon D3 body
    14-24mm f/2.8
    24-120mm f/4
    PC-E 24mm f/3.5
    Multiflex geared head
    Set of 3 Lee filters + holder
    Remote release
    iPad
    Snacks, potato chips, etc.

I can fit a few smaller prime lenses but stuff I've listed is just about what I can carry on one shoulder, with a Gitzo 3541 on the other hand.

I don't know what lenses you have but it will take a D7000 w/ grip no problem. I think you are stretching it a little with the tripod though, unless its really small.

well a 6 million can even fit! haha but if u wan a carry it all sling bag, can take a look at Timbuk2 The Snoop. Tripod strap below and stuff a ton of things in it.

Citibank cards have 10% off. I bought the beech/black (orange interior) at Crumpler Wheelock today for $215, to house my MBP 13 + D7000 + couple of lens. It's deep enough.
    Also bought the Industry Disgrace strap - its comfy on my neck
    Last edited by rebalt; 4th August 2011 at 12:28 AM.

I got mine last year june for under $200 at raffles city after some card and forgot what discount.

It fits my 13.3" notebook fine, but can be a bit cramp with a gripped body+notebook. Would have gotten a smaller one like 6mdh or 7mdh if I were to do it over again. It can fit a lot of things, but my shoulder hurts after a hour if I were to bring everything that can fit inside So I always end up with a 1/2 or 3/4 filled bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    i have it n it survived rain and splashing sea water when i was at phuket, with my equipment still completely dry. it's big n can store lots of stuff inside but do take note that it is a sling bag. it's not great for lugging it around loaded with all ur gear n other stuff for hours since u will be carrying the bag with 1 shoulder only. there r times when i wish i should haf gotten a backpack instead
    same thoughts!!!!
    but it really can put a lot of things in it!!!
    but mine is 7 million
    Last edited by rvf79; 5th August 2011 at 12:34 AM.

yeah, I have been using quite a few crumpler bags (though not crumpler bags), and their build quality for their bags are just great.

They are very waterproof, and also extremely durable.

Crumple.. very big and sturdy. No doubt about it..But it can be quite costly.
    The only bad thing ill say is.. since its a messenger sling bag and camera equipment can be heavy sometimes ( depending how much u carry ) u might end up " struggling " cursing and swearing. Because bag-pack are usually always more comfortable... especially for long distance or if u were to carry whole day.