Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: defect on digi cabi?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    842

    Default defect on digi cabi?

    Hi all
    I had just received my digi cabi, would like to check with you all, is this a defect? the seal is not starting in place properly.

    Pls refer to attached picture.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/6128962...n/photostream/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/6128962...in/photostream

  2. #2

    Default

    If new then go back and change. Ask here no use we also no cannot change for you.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    yeah it's new
    i had emailed them and SMS them like 1 hr ago, but there's no reply from red dot photo...

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    Quote Originally Posted by rvf79 View Post
    yeah it's new
    i had emailed them and SMS them like 1 hr ago, but there's no reply from red dot photo...
    Give them at least 1 working day lar....
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  5. #5
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    send it back... does it affect the working of the dry cabi though?

    see if ur air humidity meter is reading it lower than the room one... it shld give u a gauge if the seal deform is affecting performance. if yes, go return... if not... close an eye and laugh it off

  6. #6

    Default

    People just buy heart pain. If me I also heart pain pay so much

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart
    send it back... does it affect the working of the dry cabi though?

    see if ur air humidity meter is reading it lower than the room one... it shld give u a gauge if the seal deform is affecting performance. if yes, go return... if not... close an eye and laugh it off
    ... The RH outside and inside sure not the same. If same, 100% the leak is super bad or door not closed.

    With this condition, the DH will work much more.

  8. #8
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    Quote Originally Posted by rvf79 View Post
    ... The RH outside and inside sure not the same. If same, 100% the leak is super bad or door not closed.

    With this condition, the DH will work much more.
    Just sent it back tomorrow..
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    Quote Originally Posted by jas1984 View Post
    Just sent it back tomorrow..
    not sure if they will send another piece and exchange for me at my house a not... cos they delivery the item over and tmr my gf will be at my place... i will be at work...

    hope they dont ask me to go over to their office for an exchange...

    which will be a big minus for them as the other company give a door step service if the set they sent is faulty or got defect...

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    the boss just contacted me, they will get back to me tmr. let's see what they will say.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    in the morning got a call from them, today they will be doing a one to one exchange for me
    later go home n check, see if it's good.

    last night i tested out the defect set, really got problem sia.... turned to 1 oclock, left it for 12 hrs, the RH dropped to 50%, but the green light looks strong...
    means the DH is still working... the DH will not off as there is a leak ba...

    this is what i felt, am i right to say so?

    the green light should disappear once it reached the set point right?

  12. #12

    Default

    I asked Digi before for 036N (new model), they said both red and green light will be on all the time.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    I asked Digi before for 036N (new model), they said both red and green light will be on all the time.
    ic ic
    hmmmm

    bro u got try before turning it to the max of anti clockwise? the green light will be gone. so from there i guess, when it reached the desired RH, the green light will be off.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rvf79

    ic ic
    hmmmm

    bro u got try before turning it to the max of anti clockwise? the green light will be gone. so from there i guess, when it reached the desired RH, the green light will be off.
    Turn to left means DH work less, hence no light. Turn right means DH work harder, hence brighter light.

    For me, I set it at 1pm since day 1, after 'running in' the DH for 3-4 days, the RH will hover between 47-50, after that can start putting your gear inside. Green light is visible, but not very bright.

  15. #15
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    mine also lei green n red on since day 1 hahahaha..

    rh will go between 50-54 +/-

    something funny also whenever i set to (eg) 50 the dry cabinet will always go either 51 or 52 =.=!! dont know why also haha..
    Lousy de My Flickr

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    mine also lei green n red on since day 1 hahahaha..

    rh will go between 50-54 +/-

    something funny also whenever i set to (eg) 50 the dry cabinet will always go either 51 or 52 =.=!! dont know why also haha..
    cos outside the RH is different.
    so there will be change in RH, if the change is more than 10% then something is wrong liao

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    Turn to left means DH work less, hence no light. Turn right means DH work harder, hence brighter light.

    For me, I set it at 1pm since day 1, after 'running in' the DH for 3-4 days, the RH will hover between 47-50, after that can start putting your gear inside. Green light is visible, but not very bright.
    comparing with the 1st day, the light is be more dim liao right?
    think if want to really need, need to study the schematic diagram liao

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rvf79

    comparing with the 1st day, the light is be more dim liao right?
    think if want to really need, need to study the schematic diagram liao
    More dim..... Can't really tell unless use light meter to measure from day 1. Don't worry the DH under 5 year warranty, heard Digi after sales service is good.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    More dim..... Can't really tell unless use light meter to measure from day 1. Don't worry the DH under 5 year warranty, heard Digi after sales service is good.
    just got a replacement from them yesterday. thumb up.

    now RH is at 43 to 45%


    yesterday night was 50%, then i put in my camera n etc liao
    damn.... i dropped my 50mm f1.8...

    then i check the lens and removed my filter... then i drop my filter...

    TT

    the filter cracked... sod...
    but heng the lens is ok

  20. #20
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: defect on digi cabi?

    Quote Originally Posted by rvf79 View Post
    just got a replacement from them yesterday. thumb up.

    now RH is at 43 to 45%


    yesterday night was 50%, then i put in my camera n etc liao
    damn.... i dropped my 50mm f1.8...

    then i check the lens and removed my filter... then i drop my filter...

    TT

    the filter cracked... sod...
    but heng the lens is ok
    So how is there after sale service? thinking of buying digi cabi also.
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •