Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: EF to M4/3 adapter question

  1. #1

    Smile EF to M4/3 adapter question

    Hi,

    i'm a noob in m4/3 system, and wanted to make sure whether the following adapter will work on any m4/3 camera?!
    http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Canon-EOS-EF-...ht_3097wt_1139

    http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/lens-adapter-...#ht_2265wt_905

    what made me confuse is that the seller posted the compatibility towards m4/3 cameras?!
    will both adapters work on any m4/3 cameras?


    thank you beforehand and sorry to ask such noob question.

    Roy

  2. #2
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: EF to M4/3 adapter question

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyZilla92 View Post
    Hi,

    i'm a noob in m4/3 system, and wanted to make sure whether the following adapter will work on any m4/3 camera?!
    http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Canon-EOS-EF-...ht_3097wt_1139

    http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/lens-adapter-...#ht_2265wt_905

    what made me confuse is that the seller posted the compatibility towards m4/3 cameras?!
    will both adapters work on any m4/3 cameras?


    thank you beforehand and sorry to ask such noob question.

    Roy
    Yes, they will work on all m4/3 mount camera. However there is no AF confirmation chip so you have to manually gauge if you have fully focused.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  3. #3

    Default Re: EF to M4/3 adapter question

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Yes, they will work on all m4/3 mount camera. However there is no AF confirmation chip so you have to manually gauge if you have fully focused.
    hi there,

    thank you for the fast response

  4. #4
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: EF to M4/3 adapter question

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Yes, they will work on all m4/3 mount camera. However there is no AF confirmation chip so you have to manually gauge if you have fully focused.
    Not only the AF confirmation is missing. Also it will not be possible to set the aperture. Which means the lenses will always work on widest aperture opening. To me, no point getting such an adapter. It cripples the lens to a stupid piece of glass with limited usage (ok, maybe cool for freaks of extremely thin DOF). Do note that AF lenses have very short ways for the focus ring from MFD to Infinity. Makes it even harder to focus without AF confirmation chip.
    TS: why do you want to mount an EOS lens? There are tons of manual lenses that could be mounted. They have the aperture for you to adjust and the way from MFD to Infinity is up to 270 degree. Perfect for accurate manual focusing.
    EOS

  5. #5

    Default Re: EF to M4/3 adapter question

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Not only the AF confirmation is missing. Also it will not be possible to set the aperture. Which means the lenses will always work on widest aperture opening. To me, no point getting such an adapter. It cripples the lens to a stupid piece of glass with limited usage (ok, maybe cool for freaks of extremely thin DOF). Do note that AF lenses have very short ways for the focus ring from MFD to Infinity. Makes it even harder to focus without AF confirmation chip.
    TS: why do you want to mount an EOS lens? There are tons of manual lenses that could be mounted. They have the aperture for you to adjust and the way from MFD to Infinity is up to 270 degree. Perfect for accurate manual focusing.
    well i've got EF lenses and i'm fully aware of the cons. but thanks to point the cons out to me

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •