Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I use dry box or dry cabinet?

Default Re: Should I use dry box or dry cabinet?

Its negligible. Your chicken rice cost more than its monthly running cost for a 30L
    Last edited by madmartian; 25th July 2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Csboi View Post
    What other things you guys use dry cabinet to store other than camera body and lenses? Just curious to know. And is it very power consuming?
    i only keep my camera related stuff in there.. dry cabi. only 5W.. thats really very low. so need not worry about your bills.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    i only keep my camera related stuff in there.. dry cabi. only 5W.. thats really very low. so need not worry about your bills.
    yup yup no worry about, its very very low
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quite often people would ask what's the electric bill for running a dry cabinet. Answer as below:

The power rating of most dry cabinets is around 5-10 watts. Let say it is 10W. Energy used per month = 30 x 24 x 10 = 7.2kWh

With effect from 1 Jul 2011, the electricity tariff for households will be 27.28 cents per kWh (source: Singapore Power)

So monthly electric bill = 7.2kWh x $0.2728/kWh = $1.96

You can check out electricity tariff from Singapore Power from time to time to recalculate the above.

The above is copied from a reply from Ziploc in another similar thread. Shd be useful if u r worried abt e power consumption ^^

* courtesy of Ziploc
    To you, they may be just a pet but to them, u r their everything

Maybe Ziploc should put just the calculation portion as a sticky.

Yeah totally agree, a sticky will be good. Cheers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    i think so too... but i still think its a ownself do homework =x
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    Those lazy people can see.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    not everybody so good at maths mah....

Blog Entries

Those lazy people can see.
    hahaha. yupyup. hope they do search or see b4 posting.. if not sure tio shoot ~~
    Lousy de My Flickr

Just get a dry cabinet. Much more convenient. Mine is doubling as a bedside table now. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NoS77
    Just get a dry cabinet. Much more convenient. Mine is doubling as a bedside table now. :-)
    Or a night stand.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

A newbie and after seeking advise from CS bros, I got a dry cabinet and never look back since.

It is very convenient compare to dry box..thinking that I need time to take care of the slica gel will drive me crazy

Get a dry cabinet bro.

Quote Originally Posted by J-YJX View Post
    A newbie and after seeking advise from CS bros, I got a dry cabinet and never look back since.

It is very convenient compare to dry box..thinking that I need time to take care of the slica gel will drive me crazy

Get a dry cabinet bro.
    Yeah thanks! Getting a 2nd hand one.

Hi bro n sis, some question to ask. I m using a dry box now but the things is my slica gel turn pink very fast.. I sleep in aircon rm so does my dry box. Every 3-4 days I need to change slica gel. Is it becoz in the aircon rm? Thinking of getting a dry cabinet but which brand is reasonable price? I have 2 body 4 lens, 2 d.compact camera(belong to my wife), 1 video cam. What size should I get coz I worry might get something too small and also same time budget abit tight now. Pls advise!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gikens View Post
    Hi bro n sis, some question to ask. I m using a dry box now but the things is my slica gel turn pink very fast.. I sleep in aircon rm so does my dry box. Every 3-4 days I need to change slica gel. Is it becoz in the aircon rm? Thinking of getting a dry cabinet but which brand is reasonable price? I have 2 body 4 lens, 2 d.compact camera(belong to my wife), 1 video cam. What size should I get coz I worry might get something too small and also same time budget abit tight now. Pls advise!!
    Hmm the aircon should have made the air drier than normal. You can fit all those equipment in a 30L dry cabinet if you arrange them nicely. If you want a little more space I suggest getting a 60L one. I can fit 2 bodies, 7 lenses (no long lenses though), a superzoom, a video cam and 2 compacts with lots of room to spare.

Hi,

Silica Gel have this troublesome issue, it will turn pink..no matter how many days and you will have to heat it up again and again every few days...That's why people save the trouble and get a dry cabinet instead.

For Dry Cabinet, the popular brands includes (but not limited to) Digi-Cabi, Akarui. I personally use Digi-Cabi AD Series.. For the amount of stuffs you are going to put in, I would think may want to consider 50L or larger ones. It will be probably JUST enough. It will set you back ~$200 (can't recall the figure)

I'm currently using 40L and already running out of space holding the gears listed in my sig (+ some square filters, 1 med size flash) and a Compact P&S A650.

Do browse the digi-cabi website if you want to see more of their products. If you are going to place order, you can do so at any of the recommended camera shops or contact digi-cabi directly.

*I'm in no way affiliated with Digi-Cabi.*
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

From what I know, the 2 commonly used brands by the people in this forum at Digi-Cabi and Aipo. (There are others as well, can try running a search)

You can read more about Aipo here... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...or-(Singapore)

For Digi-Cabi you can go here... www.digihub.com.sg/index.aspx

For Dry Cabinets, they usually will state the dimensions of the Cabinets itself, so you can roughly gauge what sizes you need. Be sure to give some leeway for the shelves as well! Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    It's already in this sticky thread about dry cabinet.

What other things you guys use dry cabinet to store other than camera body and lenses? Just curious to know.
    I also store negatives and slides from the old days, and photo DVD backups (CDs and DVDs do get fungus).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast