Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Comments on photos

  1. #1

    Default Comments on photos

    Hi guys,

    I am new in photography and been shooting around with DSLR Canon 500D and recently using my G12. I have got a danbo series (still working on it) and other photos too. Need some comments and opinions so would thanks all seniors in advance for all the advices.

    I tried to upload the photos here but it keeps on failing so i reckon i should leave my photoblog adress here. www.casper89.tumblr.com

    Please do post your comments in this thread. Thank you!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Comments on photos

    Quote Originally Posted by ahxin89 View Post
    Hi guys,

    I am new in photography and been shooting around with DSLR Canon 500D and recently using my G12. I have got a danbo series (still working on it) and other photos too. Need some comments and opinions so would thanks all seniors in advance for all the advices.

    I tried to upload the photos here but it keeps on failing so i reckon i should leave my photoblog adress here. www.casper89.tumblr.com

    Please do post your comments in this thread. Thank you!
    You don't uploads photos here, you can link them straight from your tumblr. Posting in the critiques corner will get you more feedbacks

    You can link using [img]image url[/img]

    Like so


    One comment, you can choose a less cluttered background and play around with the lights more to achieve better results.
    Last edited by spree86; 24th July 2011 at 08:01 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Comments on photos

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    You don't uploads photos here, you can link them straight from your tumblr. Posting in the critiques corner will get you more feedbacks

    You can link using [img]image url[/img]

    Like so


    One comment, you can choose a less cluttered background and play around with the lights more to achieve better results.
    Thanks senior! Appreciate that. Will post it on critiques corner. =)

  4. #4
    Member crystal1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Japan, Tokyo
    Posts
    1,049

    Default Re: Comments on photos

    Senior sehhhh!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Comments on photos

    Quote Originally Posted by crystal1993 View Post
    Senior sehhhh!
    You are making me embarrassed senior Crystal

  6. #6
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,387

    Default Re: Comments on photos

    Quote Originally Posted by ahxin89 View Post
    Thanks senior! Appreciate that. Will post it on critiques corner. =)
    Not a good idea. Critics corner is for single pictures. If you want to get feedback for such series please use the other gallery sections here.
    EOS

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: Comments on photos

    Hi,
    just a couple of comments on your danbo series. As mentioned by spree86,
    you need a less cluttered background. Take a look at other danbo pictures
    on the net, you will soon realise that there are some common features to the pictures.
    First of all, the picture all have shallow depth of field with the background blurred. Also,
    Danbo is usually taken closed up and the elements are quite close together. All these are
    to isolate Danbo and whatever the theme is.

    I'm not sure if you have still have the EF-S 60mm macro with you, but the G12 have a pretty
    good macro function. Use the G12 macro mode, and try again at maximum zoom.

  8. #8

    Default

    Thks everybody! I will try it out!

  9. #9
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Comments on photos

    Quote Originally Posted by ahxin89 View Post
    Thanks senior! Appreciate that. Will post it on critiques corner. =)
    i like the tortoise... its the first soft toy i bought for myself. albeit the larger version

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •