Thread: Swatch Watch

Default Swatch Watch

My swatch watch died on me!!!!! Wonder if swatch outlets provide repair service... this watch has great sentimental vaue, so i wanna revive it...

Quote Originally Posted by weevil84
    My swatch watch died on me!!!!! Wonder if swatch outlets provide repair service... this watch has great sentimental vaue, so i wanna revive it...

You can try bringing down to the outlets to see if they can do anything with it. However... if your watch is from the Irony series.... then good luck. I had one died on me in barely a year.

that's the thing about swatch watches, they were originally designed to be cheap, no frills time pieces. the first ones sold for US$20.

i suggest you forget about repairing it, just keep it if it's of sentimental value and buy a new one.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

My swatch Irony is probably one of the hardier ones then. It fell from 5 stories, flew 200m and skidded across the asphalt and is exposed to water( and sometimes saltwater) on a daily basis. Apart from a 4mm scratched patch, its still going strong after 4 years. Hard to believe it was originally a free gift.

If you want to repair you could try asking one of the swatch outlets. They would probably tell you where to go. But if i remember correctly the repair cost(assuming its pretty far gone), is about half the price of a new one. May be better to buy a new one
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Think you can forget about repairing it, especially if it is cast in plastic. Suggest you either keep it or buy the same one.

Swatch repair centre is located at basement, Plaza Singapura. Its a small Swatch outlet actually, with a repair man on site.

hmmmz... dont think can get the same one liao... think i'll bring it down for a check... thanks kit for the info!!!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    My swatch Irony is probably one of the hardier ones then. It fell from 5 stories, flew 200m and skidded across the asphalt and is exposed to water( and sometimes saltwater) on a daily basis. Apart from a 4mm scratched patch, its still going strong after 4 years. Hard to believe it was originally a free gift.

If you want to repair you could try asking one of the swatch outlets. They would probably tell you where to go. But if i remember correctly the repair cost(assuming its pretty far gone), is about half the price of a new one. May be better to buy a new one
    WOW! are you sure it's not a rebadged Tag Hauer?

regarding repairing the dead watch, save the money. just take out the battery. 7 of my 11 swatches died when the batteries leaked...

Its tough, can guarantee that. Maybe the factory was just having a good day when they produced mine
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

I was told by the Swatch person that they did not do any repairs and it is just not worth to do the repair and it would going to be much more expensive than the watch itself.
    Esp the one that was made enclosed inside the plastic case, it is not possible to repair. The whole electronics was molded and no way it could repair.
    FYI, during the 80s, the Omega watch group (Tissot also) was facing strong competition by the Japanese brands so in order for them to survice, they came out with the idea of making cheaper and funky watches. And the rest is history.
    Unless it is a Tag Heuer, then it is worth the repair.