Thread: where to find the models?

Default where to find the models?

i found that many of you guys are able to look for beautiful models for your portraits... how did u guys find them? do u guys pay the models to shoot? any suggestion for looking 'free' models for shooting portraits?

free ones? go ask your frenz and colleagues loh.

of course have to pay lah. no free lunch leh

so that you can refer to them as hot chicks and ice cream?

P.S
    I'm refering to poster's other thread. Personally I took offence to his statement there and can't believe he has the cheek to post this one as well.

erm i guess it's not right to call models "chicks".. they are professionals whom we work with together to get that beautiful portrait shot

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    erm i guess it's not right to call models "chicks".. they are professionals whom we work with together to get that beautiful portrait shot
    sorry my mistake

btw u guys pay for the models, so u guys actually making money or just as a hobby?

spending money to fill the model's rice bowl and to support a very expensive hobby.

;P

ay dude, if you happen to find a free model, it's probably one of these things:

1. the model is new so much so that they will allow you to shoot for free (your shots may turn out quite awkward unless you r super duper good at posing them)

2. you have very nice friends who are models

3. you're really good and people are queueing up to shoot with you.
    like i would love to say to nick knight "oh gawd, just one picture will do, just one.. please!"

Quote Originally Posted by ykgen
    sorry my mistake
    It's ok bro..do join us in some of our model shoots

Eh ykgen

I believe in Penang there are plenty of nice looking models. Plus on top of it you have a nice place to shoot your stuffs. Free models are always available, just need to pay more attention looking for them!

You should have some friends who are willing to do it free for you. Why don't you ask them first?

That's how most of us got started in portrait photography, by asking friends to become your guinea pigs!

Some girls always loves camera and what better off than shooting for them for free and giving them a set of your photos. If you are on a tight budget, just ask your "friend models" to do their own make-up first.

Later when you have more confidence, you could either hire a make-up artist and a professional models to pose for you.

Thank you.

Red face

i found that many of you guys are able to look for beautiful models for your portraits... how did u guys find them?
    use this >>>>> $$$ + TIME

do u guys pay the models to shoot?
    u want professional shots, u need professional models, so you NEED to pay them as that's their ricebowls.... no shortcut about this.
    NEVER expect to shoot for free, unless the models want it to be free.

any suggestion for looking 'free' models for shooting portraits?
    "Free" models are plentiful if you care to look around to ppl who you really care and love for ..... your wife, parents, sisters, brothers, friends, etc...... and their portraits will actually "last" longer than any other models you have paid to shoot...
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    "Free" models are plentiful if you care to look around to ppl who you really care and love for ..... your wife, parents, sisters, brothers, friends, etc...... and their portraits will actually "last" longer than any other models you have paid to shoot...
    Well said bro ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    Best of all - they're "FREE"!

Need to develope thick skin and ask and expect to get turned down for taking free models/friends. Not easy, since I am shy, and some of the people I ask are also shy, but surprisingly, quite a number of people will pose for free once they trust you and you gain confidence. Another way is to show them your portfolio. That might interest them enough to be your free model while you are just starting out.
    Last edited by Gunjack; 26th September 2004 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunjack
    Need to develope thick skin and ask and expect to get turned down for taking free models/friends. Not easy, since I am shy, and some of the people I ask are also shy, but surprisingly, quite a number of people will pose for free once they trust you and you gain confidence. Another way is to show them your portfolio. That might interest them enough to be your free model while you are just starting out.
    ya! thick face is the key for free models...

When you do have the thick skin to approach strangers to be your models, pls be gentle and not too "pushy", "pushy" will surely scare most ppl off, and you would not gain their confidence. And this "pushy" things will spread around in words very fast, so 1 bad example will become a thousand bad examples on the website easily.

hmmm....i guess contacts are important....the difficulty is in starting....people recommend other ppl and u get more and more ppl to shoot....

cheers!!!