Thread: Heard of soligold brand len before?

Default Heard of soligold brand len before?

hi bro n sis, would like to know anyone heard of tis brand soligold before?
    my elder brother brought me tis len tat is 100-300 soligold brand as a gift many many years ago(should be more than 10 yrs i guess). i believed it a 3rd party lens. i use only once.. after my camera body spoil it have been in my dry box till lately i buy a new dslr body. any bro or sis used tis len before? care to share info? btw is it a marco len? infact i m quite new into photograhy.

Default Re: Heard of soligold brand len before?

I think its Soligor

Its was a 3rd party manufacturer or reseller.
    It will be easier to ID the lens if you have a photo of it.
    What mount is it btw?

If... its a soligor 100-300 f5 close focusing zoom, its a pretty good lens. I ve used it(branded as vivitar) before, and tho rather heavy and long, the lens was decently sharp and the close focus feature was actually good colours and contrast were also good. considering the build quality, you could prob use it to fend off zombies as well..
    F3, FTN, D700, just primes =)
    http://littleredcake.smugmug.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam
    I think its Soligor

What mount is it btw?
    Oh.. Haha.. I got it spell wrongly I guess. It a nikon mount. I juz send it for servicing, I will take a pic of it n upload. Btw can I upload it here? I dun have much post here n same time I m an computer nut too.. Hehe. Hope I know how to upload pic..

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Ang
    If... its a soligor 100-300 f5 close focusing zoom, its a pretty good lens. I ve used it(branded as vivitar) before, and tho rather heavy and long, the lens was decently sharp and the close focus feature was actually good colours and contrast were also good. considering the build quality, you could prob use it to fend off zombies as well..
    I think so bro.. The person tat help me to service the Len told me tat tis Len can be used for full frame camera too. My bro told me tat he brought it for $200+ sgd at tat time.( not sure is it a good buy )

Quote Originally Posted by Gikens View Post
    Oh.. Haha.. I got it spell wrongly I guess. It a nikon mount. I juz send it for servicing, I will take a pic of it n upload. Btw can I upload it here? I dun have much post here n same time I m an computer nut too.. Hehe. Hope I know how to upload pic..
    Newbie Corner has a subsection "Articles and Guides":
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...lubSNAP-Forums
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...re-from-flickr
    EOS

Tks octarine.

Blog Entries

Make me think of Solid Gold dancers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Ang View Post
    Apparently it is made by Tokina.
    http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic....4590&view=next

Hey tks for the link.. Daredevil123.. If u have more info of tis Len pls share. I try to take a pic n upload it once I get my Len back frm servicing.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    yes it was, and you could find it branded as tokina and polar as well. i used it for a couple of months, IQ was good when there was light, but cos i used a split prism focus screen, it was just too dark af f5. i now use the tokina AT-X SD 100-300 f4 AIS and its alot better. if i have the time i could try digging around for the photos...

Juz browse through the net, the one I had dun look like the F5 in the pic I found online..the one I have, It look more like af zoom 100-300mm mc marco 5.6-6.7

Juz browse through the net, the one I had dun look like the F5 in the pic I found online..the one I have, It look more like af zoom 100-300mm mc marco 5.6-6.7
    o.. a good paper weight then.. haha. im just jkg.. try it out and let us know how it works out for you =)

Bro, I got soligor Len back frm servicing already. I take pic of the Len n also use the soligor to take 2 pic but now problem is how to upload the pic to tis thread?

Bro, I got soligor Len back frm servicing already. I take pic of the Len n also use the soligor to take 2 pic but now problem is how to upload the pic to tis thread?
    *nudge*
    And btw: it's 'lens' / Plural 'lenses'
    Last edited by Octarine; 27th July 2011 at 01:39 AM.
    EOS

hi bro, these are the pic of the soligor lens i own and also 2 pic taken by the soligor lens.
    feel free to leave a comment.
    Last edited by Gikens; 31st July 2011 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I think its Soligor

What mount is it btw?
    tis are the pic of how it look..

DSC_8635 by Gikens, on Flickr

DSC_8638 by Gikens, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Ang View Post
    o.. a good paper weight then.. haha. im just jkg.. try it out and let us know how it works out for you =)
    Hi ben, below are 2 pic i shoot with soligor len. not aiming at anythings juz shoot to test the len after service.

DSC_8621 by Gikens, on Flickr

DSC_8620 by Gikens, on Flickr

colours and contrast look good.. almost surprisingly so.. play with the lens abit more and see if you can live with the image quality and slow aperture.. only you can decide for yourself if its worth keeping. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Ang
    colours and contrast look good.. almost surprisingly so.. play with the lens abit more and see if you can live with the image quality and slow aperture.. only you can decide for yourself if its worth keeping. =)
    Sure.. Tks for the feedback. Will try shooting with again sometime next week. If possible will upload the pic.
    Btw ben I did upload 2 night shoot pic at MBS on the other thread using d7000 with 18-270mm PZD. Pls comment so tat I can improved. Thread title is " how to upload pic"