Thread: Pushed Film.. How to tell the foto shop pple

Default Pushed Film.. How to tell the foto shop pple

Hi all

If you have pushed your film (400 to 800), how you tell the fotoshop pple?

i try to ask them if they know how to do it.. but they just open their eye big big... i try explained.. but....aye..

so.. try to ask if any pple would know how to instruct the fotoshop pple? or anyone know some foto shop that know how to do it at the north ? sembawang yishun area prefer..

anyone with good online portfoli wih wedding photo? cause i will be shooting for my friend .. 1st timer..

thks a million

Quote Originally Posted by nebula
    Hi all

If you have pushed your film (400 to 800), how you tell the fotoshop pple?

i try to ask them if they know how to do it.. but they just open their eye big big... i try explained.. but....aye..

so.. try to ask if any pple would know how to instruct the fotoshop pple? or anyone know some foto shop that know how to do it at the north ? sembawang yishun area prefer..

anyone with good online portfoli wih wedding photo? cause i will be shooting for my friend .. 1st timer..

thks a million
    Yoz,
    If you need to push your film, or any other special specific instructions for your film, my advice would be to go to a professional lab like RGB, or get Ruby Photo to process it for you.

High chances are, the staff you see working at the common photo labs you see at the void-decks or HDB areas know little or evening nothing about photography. So don't be surprised if they stare blankly at you for asking your question.

And don't presume they will know because like I mentioned, some or most of them don't really know. This incident happened to a friend of mine. He had a roll of slides to develop but no time to go down RGB. He was desperate to see the results he had taken so he got it developed at a normal photo-developing shop. They mistook it as prints and they cross-processed it, and the results was very "experimental" - slides with bright striking psychedelic colors.

Regards,
    -Michelle-

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Yoz,
    If you need to push your film, or any other special specific instructions for your film, my advice would be to go to a professional lab like RGB, or get Ruby Photo to process it for you.

High chances are, the staff you see working at the common photo labs you see at the void-decks or HDB areas know little or evening nothing about photography. So don't be surprised if they stare blankly at you for asking your question.

And don't presume they will know because like I mentioned, some or most of them don't really know. This incident happened to a friend of mine. He had a roll of slides to develop but no time to go down RGB. He was desperate to see the results he had taken so he got it developed at a normal photo-developing shop. They mistook it as prints and they cross-processed it, and the results was very "experimental" - slides with bright striking psychedelic colors.

Regards,
    -Michelle-
    I'll be surprised if the staff at that lab didn't scold your friend, as cross-processing can cause chemical contamination. If so, I'll never visit that lab for C41 processing again.

Newbie question: what's pushed film and cross-processing?

=)

Quote Originally Posted by radioactive28
    Newbie question: what's pushed film and cross-processing?

=)
    cross process - http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=90584

pushing film - http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=91143

Thanks for digging up those, my search didn't turn them up =)

So, cross-processing is to use the wrong developer solution... but pushing and pulling, is it to artificially under- or over-expose film in the darkroom? The push/pull is quite chim.

Thanks =)

Most neighbourhood mini-lab operators won't know what's pushing and pulling.

And even if they knew what was that, normal developers cannot do that. The machine is usually set to one speed and the operators rarely want to change the settings in case the machine goes haywire.

Most labs will just forward it to some pro lab instead (if they know what you want).