Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Recomendation of shops to buy DSLR

  1. #1

    Default Recomendation of shops to buy DSLR

    Hi,

    Does anyone know if there is any shops that sells DSLR with installment plans as current prices not able to cope with it.
    Also anyone can advice if getting a 5DmkII or 7D is better in terms of taking events and weddings.
    Which has a lower noise level if shoot in high ISO and also which last longer in terms of battery life.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Recomendation of shops to buy DSLR

    I know for sure Cathay has installment plans with any major banks CC. Not too sure about Canon models tho.

  3. #3
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Recomendation of shops to buy DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by trenyi View Post
    Hi,

    Does anyone know if there is any shops that sells DSLR with installment plans as current prices not able to cope with it.
    Also anyone can advice if getting a 5DmkII or 7D is better in terms of taking events and weddings.
    Which has a lower noise level if shoot in high ISO and also which last longer in terms of battery life.
    All the retail shop carry the installment plans. But it would come with some interest (forget how much). It would be better for you to drop them an email and ask them for advice. I got my 7D from John with 1 year installment.

    FF camera would have lower noise level when shooting in high ISO, and please read the reviews from dpreview, they have very detail information for both 5D and 7D.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  4. #4
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: Recomendation of shops to buy DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by trenyi View Post
    Also anyone can advice if getting a 5DmkII or 7D is better in terms of taking events and weddings.
    Which has a lower noise level if shoot in high ISO and also which last longer in terms of battery life.
    There are review sites where you can compare. But to be honest, I think your skills are the limiting factor here, not the cameras. Both are able to perform well if the person knows how to handle and them. Noise reduction can be done in post-processing, nothing where we need to overly rely on the in-camera technology.
    Get a second battery for important event. Not too expensive but gives a peace of mind.
    Do also compare the midrange DSLR .. their performance is nothing to spit on and they can get the job done as well.
    Events and weddings are 80% skills of the photographer, including social skills to interact with people. The importance of gear is heavily overrated.
    EOS

  5. #5

    Default Re: Recomendation of shops to buy DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by trenyi View Post
    Hi,

    Does anyone know if there is any shops that sells DSLR with installment plans as current prices not able to cope with it.
    Also anyone can advice if getting a 5DmkII or 7D is better in terms of taking events and weddings.
    Which has a lower noise level if shoot in high ISO and also which last longer in terms of battery life.
    Can't help you with the shops with installment plans, but if you want to know how each camera handles noise at higher ISO, look here :

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

    btw, the newer APS-C cameras using the Sony Exmor sensors are no slouches at high ISO.
    Compare the K5, D7000, A580 samples to see for yourself.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Recomendation of shops to buy DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    There are review sites where you can compare. But to be honest, I think your skills are the limiting factor here, not the cameras. Both are able to perform well if the person knows how to handle and them. Noise reduction can be done in post-processing, nothing where we need to overly rely on the in-camera technology.
    Get a second battery for important event. Not too expensive but gives a peace of mind.
    Do also compare the midrange DSLR .. their performance is nothing to spit on and they can get the job done as well.
    Events and weddings are 80% skills of the photographer, including social skills to interact with people. The importance of gear is heavily overrated.
    I guess a better camera = less time behind com doing PP.. get better shots in cam. Unless you have presets in aperture that really optimise your workflow. But that's another skill altogether.

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyKoh

    I guess a better camera = less time behind com doing PP.. get better shots in cam. Unless you have presets in aperture that really optimise your workflow. But that's another skill altogether.
    Better skill = better photos.

    Better camera do not necessarily give better pictures.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Recomendation of shops to buy DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by trenyi View Post
    Hi,

    Does anyone know if there is any shops that sells DSLR with installment plans as current prices not able to cope with it.
    Also anyone can advice if getting a 5DmkII or 7D is better in terms of taking events and weddings.
    Which has a lower noise level if shoot in high ISO and also which last longer in terms of battery life.
    normally installment plan like add 4-5% on top of street price.. for a year (ask before in funan JOHN)
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  9. #9

    Default

    You can go MS colour @ amk hub!! They got most banks for installment but u got to add 5% on top of their selling prices..

    I just got a Canon 600D by installment too

  10. #10

    Default Re: Recomendation of shops to buy DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by trenyi View Post
    Hi,

    1. Does anyone know if there is any shops that sells DSLR with installment plans as current prices not able to cope with it.
    2. Also anyone can advice if getting a 5DmkII or 7D is better in terms of taking events and weddings.
    3. Which has a lower noise level if shoot in high ISO and also which last longer in terms of battery life.
    1. you can try checking the price guide in Clubsnap for the list of shops and inquire.
    2. Either one should be fine, you have to consider what lenses and maybe flash as well.
    3. try this site.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •