Thread: Rear sync flash

Default Rear sync flash

Hi all. I read up something about rear sync flash on the forum but can't figure how to set it up on my 500D. Can anyone give me a tutorial please? 

Also can the same thing be set on my external flash? I'm using a nissin di622

Default Re: Rear sync flash

Did you lose your camera manual? It's explained there, it's in the Custom Functions, iirc. You can download the pdf file from Canon US website.
    All flashes can be setup for 2nd curtain sync, it's the camera that gives the command.
    EOS

Default Re: Rear sync flash

Hope this can guide you to set the rear sync flash/2nd curtain. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos500d/page11.asp
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    Did you lose your camera manual? It's explained there, it's in the Custom Functions, iirc. You can download the pdf file from Canon US website.
    All flashes can be setup for 2nd curtain sync, it's the camera that gives the command.
    Aaaah. I Didn't realize it was called 2nd curtain. I did try it though and thought I got it wrong coz the flash still fired about the same time. Perhaps I'll try it at a slower shutter speed

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike
    Hope this can guide you to set the rear sync flash/2nd curtain.
    Thanks for the link