Thread: Cutting PVC Pipes

Default Cutting PVC Pipes

Have a personal project which requires me to cut a foot's length of 100mm PVC pipe into 2 inch rings.
    Anyone happen to know where I can get this done?
    I've been working on them with a junior hacksaw but it's slow going and rather disheartening
    Needs to be fairly accurate though I suppose I can finish with a file or emery paper

Brought to a neighborhood hardware store this afternoon; lulled by repeated claims of 'No problem' but when the uncle whipped out his large hacksaw I knew I was in big trouble
    Stopped him after he did one ring. Let's just say I had to buy another length of pipe... haha
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cutting PVC Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by Zichar View Post
    Have a personal project which requires me to cut a foot's length of 100mm PVC pipe into 2 inch rings.
    Anyone happen to know where I can get this done?
    I've been working on them with a junior hacksaw but it's slow going and rather disheartening
    Needs to be fairly accurate though I suppose I can finish with a file or emery paper

Brought to a neighborhood hardware store this afternoon; lulled by repeated claims of 'No problem' but when the uncle whipped out his large hacksaw I knew I was in big trouble
    Stopped him after he did one ring. Let's just say I had to buy another length of pipe... haha
    eh... even i also use hacksaws o.o

see if those carpentry shops want help u do lo... they have those saws on the table one...

There's a pvc pipe cutter. You can get it at the hardware store. I've used it before.
    I dun have a picture to show you but I found it at youtube

Checkout this youtube movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnqCHTIqQFI
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    eh... even i also use hacksaws o.o

see if those carpentry shops want help u do lo... they have those saws on the table one...
    Oh carpentry shop, never thought of those. Wondering if I should just walk around Jln Besar too

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    There's a pvc pipe cutter. You can get it at the hardware store. I've used it before.
    I dun have a picture to show you but I found it at youtube

Checkout this youtube movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnqCHTIqQFI
    Looks very cool, can't imagine how it can seem so effortless! But what I have is 100mm, must be a big tool

Looks very cool, can't imagine how it can seem so effortless! But what I have is 100mm, must be a big tool
    It depends on the size & thickness of the PVC pipe. They have heavy duty ones too.
    Not difficult to use & its cuts pretty fast if you do it right
    Take the shot!

I'm sold. I'll go look for it tomorrow!

I'm sold. I'll go look for it tomorrow!
    Go to the bigger serious looking hardware shops. They should have better range than the smaller ones. So you wun have to waste your trip. Better still, go to places where there are lots of them together & the prices will be competitive
    Take the shot!

drifting?

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Go to the bigger serious looking hardware shops. They should have better range than the smaller ones. So you wun have to waste your trip. Better still, go to places where there are lots of them together & the prices will be competitive
    Aye, been googling... seems that there's a lot of hardware shops near my place in Eunos. Either Changi Road heading towards Kembangan or Ubi.
    Probably the latter, supposed to look for a shop to help cut glass in Ubi somewhere too this Sat
    Thanks thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    drifting?
    I didn't understand you at first. Then plugged in 'pvc pipe drifting' into google and whoa:
    http://www.drccentral.com/old/rc-drift-tire.html
    I never knew at all, wow

Aye, been googling... seems that there's a lot of hardware shops near my place in Eunos. Either Changi Road heading towards Kembangan or Ubi.
    Probably the latter, supposed to look for a shop to help cut glass in Ubi somewhere too this Sat
    Thanks thanks

I didn't understand you at first. Then plugged in 'pvc pipe drifting' into google and whoa:
    http://www.drccentral.com/old/rc-drift-tire.html
    I never knew at all, wow
    oh.. lol thought you were...

my bad. i remember looking for ppl to cut my pvc pipes too, but that was 6 - 7 yrs ago already. lol