Thread: Canon 7d with ef-s 15 - 85 lens selling for $1800, can be trusted?

Default Canon 7d with ef-s 15 - 85 lens selling for $1800, can be trusted?

Saw a thread in buy/sell forum by lee_wong121 selling a BN 7d with ef-s 15 - 85mm lens for $1800, with 2 yrs international warranty, can this seller be trusted? Anyone had deal with him?
    Price very tempting, thought of buying.

Default Re: Canon 7d with ef-s 15 - 85 lens selling for $1800, can be trusted?

Quote Originally Posted by dayray2010 View Post
    Saw a thread in buy/sell forum by lee_wong121 selling a BN 7d with ef-s 15 - 85mm lens for $1800, with 2 yrs international warranty, can this seller be trusted? Anyone had deal with him?
    Meet up with him, check his product thoroughly and if okay and you are happy with it... then buy. If not, just leave. if don't know how to check, please ask a friend (that know how to check) to follow you.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
    My photo page: TDR Photography

now like dont have international warrenty liao..
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

Strange. I did a quick seach on Lee_wong121, I only found a D7000 sales.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...LR-Nikon-D7000

Couldn't find the 7D sales at all.

(After a quick seach)

Did a search in the net and this came up,

http://list.gmarket.com.sg/item/CANO...S-7D/403901490

Look very very suspicious... I would not touch it if I were you.
    Last edited by rhino123; 20th July 2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Did some googling
    My lousy shots

Looks dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post

(After a quick seach)

Did a search in the net and this came up,

http://list.gmarket.com.sg/item/CANO...S-7D/403901490

Look very very suspicious... I would not touch it if I were you.

Did you see his address? ISTANA Orchard Road…I think he's also the president of Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Meet up with him, check his product thoroughly and if okay and you are happy with it... then buy. If not, just leave. if don't know how to check, please ask a friend (that know how to check) to follow you.
    His shop in Malaysia, must send money through bank wire, WU before he send his good south.

His shop in Malaysia, must send money through bank wire, WU before he send his good south.
    Anyways, don't be so silly..it's definitely a scam..
    Price is too low…WU transfers are always a scam..there's no refund in WU..unlike paypal or CC payment…never trust anything WU really…
    Just tell him you also stay Malaysia la..can go his shop and take haha…
    There's no such good deals around that isn't a scam la…
    The fact he didn't even bother to make it real

No. Don't deal with him. I have already make a report to his only sales in Clubsnap (a D7000). anyway, it look like a scam. Forget about it.
    My lousy shots

confirm scam... Where got so cheap one...