Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Actual Day Wedding Photography Course @ Stanley Lim Colour Centre 11th Intake 5th Nov

Default wa.....more on than us !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    wedding workflow...at 11pm+ we realized we only finished chinese wedding yeah we learnt a lot. hopefully can remember

wa ... past 1 a.m. ? U all more 'on' than us !!!! to a dedicated instructor like Stanley.

For those who are still considering.....NEED WE SAY MORE

Really have to say a BIG thank you to Ahv,Jimtong, Pro Image, Joho, JermDayOut, Madmacs,ReSpawn and the supporter of SLCC and the CS members, without your support we have no chance to provide all the services that we have and conduct all the courses that we have also share the photography knowledge that we know.

For this course I have increase 1 more lesson, so now will be 9 lessons instead of 8 lessons. That is because start from 9th and 10th intake, there will be 10 students in every intake. So when we are having the review session I find that it is running out of time. Stanley don't mind to have an extra lesson with those who really love photography. He always say practices made perfect but if without a proper review you will not know your mistake and you will not improve, you will keep on repeating your mistakes. The reason we encourage you guys to review together is because others mistake may be your mistake one day and also can learn others strong point.

As what I had said, we love to share, we love to see many ppl in my studio, we enjoy to share knowledge with others. So we welcome you guys to call us or come down to our studio to disturb us(please call before you come).

Why not give each other a chance? Let us have a chance to provide our service and also share the knowledge of the photography. Let give yourself a chance as well to know more about photography world.
    Last edited by Toto38; 3rd October 2004 at 10:12 AM.

maybe i see the difference, yours is the ACTUAL DAY right?

the PSS seems like actual day and pre-wedding shots, am i correct?

or yours also conver pre-wedding shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    maybe i see the difference, yours is the ACTUAL DAY right?

the PSS seems like actual day and pre-wedding shots, am i correct?

or yours also conver pre-wedding shots?
    As mentioned by all the participants, me, Stanley and gang briefly about the course.

We would prefer if you can come to our studio and we will be glad to EXPLAIN to you in DETAILED about what this course is all about.

Each course from various institutions has many different ways of conducting it. It is difficult to compare which better as the best way is to come to our course then go to another one.

Thank you.

Default To answer yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    what's the difference btw this one and the PSS (Photography Society of Singapore) which is S$120 for 5 lessons (include 1 practical session)?
    Well, I've taken the PSS lessons. The instructor is experienced and does answer questions whenever asked. But I feel he focuses more on Wedding photography as a business and how one should handle the various aspects of it. The practical is just one female model in white (not wedding dress) as to help lower costs for students. Photography techniques are not really covered in the PSS classes, as it is not really meant for that.

This would be the biggest difference with what Stanley is offering. As to who is the better instructor, I would say to each his/her own rapport with the instructor.

For me.... I'm waiting for my schedule to be more fixed to sign up with Stanley. I really need to brush up on my skills... To me, I doubt I will ever be good enough to depend on this line for makan, so if any friends see me up and ask me to cover their wedding, this would come in handy... else, I'll continue to shoot ang ma and ah peks every Sunday morning....

To anyone considering this course

Let me add my 1.5 cents' worth.

I believe it is stated as "Actual Day Wedding Photography Course". IMHO, it means just that: Actual Day Wedding Photography Course. Students will learn to shoot photos an the couple's ACTUAL WEDDING DAY! Meaning to say:

1. You report as and when the couple wants you to. (some at 7am, some 6am, some 5am, some 4am, etc... etc....)

2. You shoot the whole process: Usually it starts at the bridal house, with the bride being made-up.

3. You follow the couple everywhere: Usually, the sequence of events are: Groom arrives at bride's house, teasing, groom enters and "claims" bride, both proceed to groom's parents' house for tea ceremony, bride changes into tea dress, couple proceeds to bride's parents' house for another round of tea ceremony, (USUALLY) rest and lunch, (SOMETIMES) religious crermony, reception at the place of worship, group photos, and then dismissal of the photographer.

4. You go home to rest (it's now about 5 pm). Depending on the couple, you may / may not shoot the traditional dinner on the same day. If you do, it's time to charge batteries, get fresh film / download pictures, bathe, perform all bodily functions, and FINALLY, find your way to the hotel / restaurant. It helps if you drive, but not necessary. Another group of people will be waiting to serve you (taxi, bus, mrt)

5. Sometimes, after lunch, especially if there is no religious ceremony, the couple may ask for you to accompany them for an impromptu outdoor shoot, or go to their NEW house. Of course these things are discussed beforehand, BUT, COME ON, it's the couple's BIG day. Tired as you may be, are you going to turn them down?? I'd say "NO WAY!!!!!!" Here, you need to learn to do a little couple posing.

I believe this is the essence of what the course covers. I hesitate to compare as I have NO knowledge of PSS's courses. In fact, I have never taken any photographic course to date. Still looking for time to do it. To potential students, please check around for the best deal. I believe there are MANY such courses around. Check out the other threads. I believe some will teach you techniques of posing.

IMVHO, Stanley Lim is one of the best teachers around. That's IMVHO (IN MY VERY HUMBLE OPINION). Don't slam me on that, please.

Quote Originally Posted by jamestan
    To anyone considering this course

Let me add my 1.5 cents' worth.

I believe it is stated as "Actual Day Wedding Photography Course". IMHO, it means just that: Actual Day Wedding Photography Course. Students will learn to shoot photos an the couple's ACTUAL WEDDING DAY! Meaning to say:

1. You report as and when the couple wants you to. (some at 7am, some 6am, some 5am, some 4am, etc... etc....)

2. You shoot the whole process: Usually it starts at the bridal house, with the bride being made-up.

3. You follow the couple everywhere: Usually, the sequence of events are: Groom arrives at bride's house, teasing, groom enters and "claims" bride, both proceed to groom's parents' house for tea ceremony, bride changes into tea dress, couple proceeds to bride's parents' house for another round of tea ceremony, (USUALLY) rest and lunch, (SOMETIMES) religious crermony, reception at the place of worship, group photos, and then dismissal of the photographer.

4. You go home to rest (it's now about 5 pm). Depending on the couple, you may / may not shoot the traditional dinner on the same day. If you do, it's time to charge batteries, get fresh film / download pictures, bathe, perform all bodily functions, and FINALLY, find your way to the hotel / restaurant. It helps if you drive, but not necessary. Another group of people will be waiting to serve you (taxi, bus, mrt)

5. Sometimes, after lunch, especially if there is no religious ceremony, the couple may ask for you to accompany them for an impromptu outdoor shoot, or go to their NEW house. Of course these things are discussed beforehand, BUT, COME ON, it's the couple's BIG day. Tired as you may be, are you going to turn them down?? I'd say "NO WAY!!!!!!" Here, you need to learn to do a little couple posing.

I believe this is the essence of what the course covers. I hesitate to compare as I have NO knowledge of PSS's courses. In fact, I have never taken any photographic course to date. Still looking for time to do it. To potential students, please check around for the best deal. I believe there are MANY such courses around. Check out the other threads. I believe some will teach you techniques of posing.

IMVHO, Stanley Lim is one of the best teachers around. That's IMVHO (IN MY VERY HUMBLE OPINION). Don't slam me on that, please.

Pai Seh.... I haven't got time to go down and confirm my place yet.
    Do u need a partial deposit or full payment? Mode of payments please? Credit/Nets/Cash/Cheque???

Will go ASAP.
    Seems like responds still slow. Will the course be postponed or cancelled if the slots are not filled up? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlee
    Pai Seh.... I haven't got time to go down and confirm my place yet.
    Do u need a partial deposit or full payment? Mode of payments please? Credit/Nets/Cash/Cheque???

Will go ASAP.
    Seems like responds still slow. Will the course be postponed or cancelled if the slots are not filled up? Thanks.
    Don't worry about it. If you are the only one, Stanley will teach you as usual. Anyway, it still a long way more to go. There is always last minute add on. The class will still go on.

It's CASH/CHEQUE - deposit of $50.00 and above. Full payment is fine with us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Don't worry about it. If you are the only one, Stanley will teach you as usual. Anyway, it still a long way more to go. There is always last minute add on. The class will still go on.

It's CASH/CHEQUE - deposit of $50.00 and above. Full payment is fine with us as well.

Ok... great...
    Great for the low deposit too... me very tight now.....
    Lucky I ask.... if not i will just be expecting at least Nets payment....

Ok... great...
    Great for the low deposit too... me very tight now.....
    Lucky I ask.... if not i will just be expecting at least Nets payment....
    Don't worry, as long you put some deposit.

Why compare? As long you try your best to learn and Stanley try his very best to teach, we try the very very best to each other. The most important is you really learn form us, I think everybody learn somethings after every course, but how much you can absorb and how much you can apply on you project is up to individual.

Any way if you guys want to know more about all the courses that we have, just call me at 98583502(Joanne) or come to my studio, but please call before you come.

Update:

1.Chlee
    2.Confirmed
    3.Reserved
    4.Reserved

Thank you!!!

Default Why Argue?

First of all, hello to Stan-the-man and his lovely wife Joanne

See so many questions flying around.

I may not be a good......rephrase, I AM not a good photographer but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate good photo work.

Stanley was my actual wedding day photographer, all I can say is, I have not seen better taken (wedding-day) pictures than his. Not only are the pics technically superb, the 'artistic' content is also good. Most wedding-day photos I have seen are just taken for documentation sake but NON as technically superior.

To add to this, each print is develpoed pain-stakingly by Joanne. In film photography, the photo is only as good as the developing.Everyone will who knows this couple will swear that they would rather reprint a badly develpoed photo thaan to save a few cents by giving it to the customer.

What else can I say? If anyone think that I am 'paid' to sing praises of them, I really fell sad for these people.

I,myself have already signed up for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamtheatre
    To add to this, each print is develpoed pain-stakingly by Joanne. In film photography, the photo is only as good as the developing.Everyone will who knows this couple will swear that they would rather reprint a badly develpoed photo thaan to save a few cents by giving it to the customer.
    hehe...now that you mentioned it, you should see what goes into their trashcan. at first glance the rejected photos look ok to me but joanne will point out the minor flaws that made her throw it away.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    hehe...now that you mentioned it, you should see what goes into their trashcan. at first glance the rejected photos look ok to me but joanne will point out the minor flaws that made her throw it away.
    OH yes!!! A good pic. not depend on photographer alone, alots of things will affect a good photographer too. Catch the ball???

Reading the posts really got me excited. Wanna ask if there are pre-requisites to join this course.

Default join ..join...join

Quote Originally Posted by ibchia
    Reading the posts really got me excited. Wanna ask if there are pre-requisites to join this course.

Of cos, not ! unless u dunno what a camera is and how it looks like

You will be in GOOD HANDS.....JOIN .. JOIN.. JOIN !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ibchia
    Basic pre-requisites such as Basic Knowledge on Aperture & Shutter Speed, at least a SLR/DSLR with a few lens ranges from 20mm-200mm, a Portable Flash unit and plenty of time to spare...........! (Our course always ends up much later than the usual timing)

If possible, just drop by our friendly neighborhood studio and we will let you know more about this course.

Just give Joanne a ring on 98583502 for appointment.

Thank you.

Attention: Actual Wedding Day Potential Photographers

Much has been said for this course. If you really want to be a photographer for a couple's actual wedding day, be prepared for a lot of hard work.

You will get unusual requests: "Can you come at 4.00am to such and such a place?"
    "Can you stay back after the dinner and take us in our room?" (It's ALREADY 12 midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Or one of the most unusual one i've got: "Can you come with us on our honeymoon?"

On their big day, it's also "Pai Seh" to discuss extra $$ with them, unless you have made prior arrangements. Be prepared for these requests and you'll do fine.

Cheers............

Quote Originally Posted by jamestan
    Attention: Actual Wedding Day Potential Photographers

Much has been said for this course. If you really want to be a photographer for a couple's actual wedding day, be prepared for a lot of hard work.

You will get unusual requests: "Can you come at 4.00am to such and such a place?"
    "Can you stay back after the dinner and take us in our room?" (It's ALREADY 12 midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Or one of the most unusual one i've got: "Can you come with us on our honeymoon?"

On their big day, it's also "Pai Seh" to discuss extra $$ with them, unless you have made prior arrangements. Be prepared for these requests and you'll do fine.

Cheers............
    hehe... I wouldn't mind tagging along for the couple's honeymoon if all expenses are paid....

hehe... I wouldn't mind tagging along for the couple's honeymoon if all expenses are paid....
    Yah we will put you under the "LIVE ANIMAL" section in the cargo bay when travel by air.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast