Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying self-claim photographers.

Default Re: Annoying self-claim photographers.

Quote Originally Posted by symmetrix View Post
    Important question: were they cute?
    They had to try to "act cute" with the usual XMM "peace signs" and fake pouty lips. What do you think?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by symmetrix View Post
    If he was more matured, don't think he should be annoyed in the first place... personally, TS to me is showing the exact same problem he has with "rich kids": elitism. He has a problem with them going "I'm so pro I got $5000+ worth of camera equips you suck coz you have a piddly entry-level dslr," not realising he is also exhibiting the same thing. "I got PASSION. Something you rich snobs will never understand because you never worked hard for your stuff."
    okok slightly more passionately matured compared to the other teens.. lolol.

I think some if not all of us feel the same way sometimes. For me I've rolled my eyes at hobbyists owning MF digital camera systems, but mostly wishing I could afford one too.

to TS: Just accept this is life and move on, vent in private or re-channel that imbalance into your passion. Don't go making a rant thread about it, that action is totally worthless and deflating.

This is classified under fashion or trend. Used to be mobile phone the size of a size 10 shoes, then shrunk to miniature size and now, back to bigger size again. Same thing is happening to camera.
    As long as there is an auto mode, age will not be a limiting factor. Just appreciate what you have now and try to discover what it can do, more than what you think it is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post
    To be fair to TS, I don't think he ever said the camera must be high end model. He only mentioned teens with dslr.

But how he know their background? Friends or classmates of his maybe? Aiyah, maybe the more they shoot the more passionate they'll get ley? If they lose all passion then the camera will just get chucked to one corner what.

The reason why i feel so annoyed is because they are my friends and i do know their backgrounds. I just used the word "teens" on this thread to get the general aspect from people.
    Before my friend got his DSLR, he kept saying that he is really in love with photography just becasue he fell in love with the pictures he saw on the internet.
    Did not do any research on what he wanted and so bought the newest SLR.

I guess its due to some peer pressure as well. Like one friend with SLR will seem cool and then another friend will be like "oh my, i wanna get one too!" and it just goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by tumblrsucks View Post
    Rich people with sports car. Do they really love the car? Or are they buying it for the sack of looking cool.
    Fashion people. Branded goods. Same as cars, they feel superior when they own one.

Cameras. Do they really have the passion for photography? or are they buying it to look good especially when they are camwhoring with their friends.
    I have got a performance car but I don't drive fast, I don't push its limit. I bought it so I can look cool while driving it to and fro from work.
    Am I an insult to the other owners of the same model who own it?
    I think I better reflect on myself tonight. No visiting of clupsnap forum tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by xtunbox View Post
    I have got a performance car but I don't drive fast, I don't push its limit. I bought it so I can look cool while driving it to and fro from work.
    I think I better reflect on myself tonight. No visiting of clupsnap forum tonight.
    i just think you are being impractical in singapore
    D3|Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8|Samyang 14mm f2.8|K-7|Tamron17-50 f2.8|manfrotto190XproB
    Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    For me, I shake my head sometimes at the kids that buy a DSLR to "look pro" but never use anything but Auto... And it gives me many "facepalm" moments, like when I saw a teeny girl with her obviously very brand new 7D and 24-70L lens (her friends were all "oohing" and "aaahing" and you could hear "So proooooooo!" at least 10 times) and she was doing what all new xmm DSLR owners do... Trying to take an up-close, "macro" shot of her cake. And wondering why the camera wasn't focusing. Then laughing and trying to act as if nothing was wrong, then giving the DSLR a worried look. Then taking a picture of her "frenz" who of course all tried to pull of a horrible rendition of the japanese kawaii look, had no problems with the shot, then tried to take a picture of the cake again and failing again...

This can be seen in Starbucks all over Singapore on any day.

But do I lose passion? No. Do I think "damn lucky punks"? No. (ok, maybe a bit).

Point is, them having a DSLR will not make my own shots any better or worse.
    Yeah... i will camp at Starbucks too to wait for the opporunity. Go over to them and tell her that her "L" is not right, better to use the one which I have because it can take "macro" of the cake close-up. Offer her to exchange my "better" lens with hers...

The reason why i feel so annoyed is because they are my friends and i do know their backgrounds. I just used the word "teens" on this thread to get the general aspect from people.
    Before my friend got his DSLR, he kept saying that he is really in love with photography just becasue he fell in love with the pictures he saw on the internet.
    Did not do any research on what he wanted and so bought the newest SLR.

I guess its due to some peer pressure as well. Like one friend with SLR will seem cool and then another friend will be like "oh my, i wanna get one too!" and it just goes on and on and on.
    maybe all future "newest" DSLRs and "pro" bodies should only have the M mode and nothing else, to keep "noobs" away..
    D3|Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8|Samyang 14mm f2.8|K-7|Tamron17-50 f2.8|manfrotto190XproB
    Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post

to TS: Just accept this is life and move on, vent in private or re-channel that imbalance into your passion. Don't go making a rant thread about it, that action is totally worthless and deflating.
    I apologise if this thread seems like a rant. I think i could not control my emotions and typed out the thread with anger. I just want to post this up here, to see what experienced photographers think. Its more like to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by elavan View Post
    maybe all future "newest" DSLRs and "pro" bodies should only have the M mode and nothing else, to keep "noobs" away..
    Then watch out for the tsunami of posts here on CS as people will need to explain the basics of exposure 500x a day....
    Alpha

i just think you are being impractical in singapore
    Passion Bro... Passion is the word.

I apologise if this thread seems like a rant. I think i could not control my emotions and typed out the thread with anger. I just want to post this up here, to see what experienced photographers think. Its more like to understand.
    challenge your friend with your mobile phone camera vs his "newest and coolest" DSLR, then when you beat him hands-down, maybe he'll fall in love with your phone's camera, and put up his DSLR on BnS, thus benefit the one who has true passion
    Gallery

challenge your friend with your mobile phone camera vs his "newest and coolest" DSLR, then when you beat him hands-down, maybe he'll fall in love with your phone's camera, and put up his DSLR on BnS, thus benefit the one who has true passion

HAHAHA, sounds reasonable and beneficial for everyone else! i should trade my mobile for his 7D.

No, then you just hear another person saying "Why buy DSLR, iPhone4 camera is better!!"
    Alpha

No, then you just hear another person saying "Why buy DSLR, iPhone4 camera is better!!"
    PLUS, everything is on auto and there are so many effects to choose from!

Quote Originally Posted by xtunbox

As long as you didn't use your parents money it's okay.... If you use parents money then should reflect long and hard.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i'm 15, and i camwhore with a Sony Fullframe. if you ask the Randomers who've seen my shots, i wonder if you can classify me as a person who knows his gear, or as a camwhoring teen.

peace!
    Sony not good enough leh.

Must switch to this:

Last edited by Sion; 19th July 2011 at 01:13 PM.

Then watch out for the tsunami of posts here on CS as people will need to explain the basics of exposure 500x a day....
    All potential camera buyers need to test for license before purchase. Newbie photographers need to display "P" plate front and back clearly when shooting in public.

Member status in CS will be changed to license issue date.

lol couldn't help it.... sorry for OT

PLUS, everything is on auto and there are so many effects to choose from!
    and it comes with a cool blue cast in the center, turning your friends into smurfs
    Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by xtunbox View Post
    I've also got a helicopter. But I don't fly it to work.

Once a while I only turn it on and let the propellers blow away the fallen leaves on my backyard.

I hope this is not an insult to the fellow helicopter owners in Singapore.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast