Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying self-claim photographers.

Default Re: Annoying self-claim photographers.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    be more positive... people have passion or not its their business, most important its yourself... just heck care lo..
    cannot! ts already said it's an insult to his passion. we can't let that happen do we?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole View Post
    cannot! ts already said it's an insult to his passion. we can't let that happen do we?
    hmm... the only solution is to ban shop selling camera to people <21...? haha
    Lousy de My Flickr

Blog Entries

just shoooooooooooooooot
    Lousy de My Flickr

For me, I shake my head sometimes at the kids that buy a DSLR to "look pro" but never use anything but Auto... And it gives me many "facepalm" moments, like when I saw a teeny girl with her obviously very brand new 7D and 24-70L lens (her friends were all "oohing" and "aaahing" and you could hear "So proooooooo!" at least 10 times) and she was doing what all new xmm DSLR owners do... Trying to take an up-close, "macro" shot of her cake. And wondering why the camera wasn't focusing. Then laughing and trying to act as if nothing was wrong, then giving the DSLR a worried look. Then taking a picture of her "frenz" who of course all tried to pull of a horrible rendition of the japanese kawaii look, had no problems with the shot, then tried to take a picture of the cake again and failing again...

This can be seen in Starbucks all over Singapore on any day.

But do I lose passion? No. Do I think "damn lucky punks"? No. (ok, maybe a bit).

Point is, them having a DSLR will not make my own shots any better or worse.
    Alpha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    For me, I shake my head sometimes at the kids that buy a DSLR to "look pro" but never use anything but Auto... And it gives me many "facepalm" moments, like when I saw a teeny girl with her obviously very brand new 7D and 24-70L lens (her friends were all "oohing" and "aaahing" and you could hear "So proooooooo!" at least 10 times) and she was doing what all new xmm DSLR owners do... Trying to take an up-close, "macro" shot of her cake. And wondering why the camera wasn't focusing. Then laughing and trying to act as if nothing was wrong, then giving the DSLR a worried look. Then taking a picture of her "frenz" who of course all tried to pull of a horrible rendition of the japanese kawaii look, had no problems with the shot, then tried to take a picture of the cake again and failing again...

But do I lose passion? No. Do I think "damn lucky punks"? No. (ok, maybe a bit).

heh heh. im gonna camp at starbuck ^^
    Lousy de My Flickr

Blog Entries

actually to me now.. camera to them its an accessory le.. hang on neck shopping with the camera shake here shake there.. i just feel pity for the cam T.T
    Lousy de My Flickr

wah lao... you guys scary man.... i better tell my kid not to bring his 2nd hand, old model DSLR out.... else people might think he got no passion and blame me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamboree View Post
    wah lao... you guys scary man.... i better tell my kid not to bring his 2nd hand, old model DSLR out.... else people might think he got no passion and blame me for it.
    LOL!!! It's just wrong to stereotype... haha.. But what about people who assume that ( own DSLR = Good photographer = Beautiful images )? I think that's wrong too...

Quote Originally Posted by jamboree View Post
    I shoot with an almost 4-year-old DSLR... It's ok what....
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

I shoot with an almost 4-year-old DSLR... It's ok what....
    I think it is not the model, it is the perceived "passion".... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    I think it is not the model, it is the perceived "passion".... LOL
    Ah I see. So to be passionate, I must have the very latest model?

No wonder why my shots all CMI...
    Alpha

Important question: were they cute?

Ah I see. So to be passionate, I must have the very latest model?

No wonder why my shots all CMI...
    To be fair to TS, I don't think he ever said the camera must be high end model. He only mentioned teens with dslr.

But how he know their background? Friends or classmates of his maybe? Aiyah, maybe the more they shoot the more passionate they'll get ley? If they lose all passion then the camera will just get chucked to one corner what.

Everyone matures their own rate, did I even know my photography passion at age 20? No loh. You are just more matured in a way, but not represented well by this thread.

to TS, you may not aware, you are in Self-righteousness now, time to do some serious reflection on yourself.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by EddyKoh View Post
    LOL!!! It's just wrong to stereotype... haha.. But what about people who assume that ( own DSLR = Good photographer = Beautiful images )? I think that's wrong too...
    wahhh don't go there pls... off-topic and another dead-er horse flogging

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post
    To be fair to TS, I don't think he ever said the camera must be high end model. He only mentioned teens with dslr.

But how he know their background? Friends or classmates of his maybe? Aiyah, maybe the more they shoot the more passionate they'll get ley? If they lose all passion then the camera will just get chucked to one corner what.

Everyone matures their own rate, did I even know my photography passion at age 20? No loh. You are just more matured in a way, but not represented well by this thread.
    If he was more matured, don't think he should be annoyed in the first place... personally, TS to me is showing the exact same problem he has with "rich kids": elitism. He has a problem with them going "I'm so pro I got $5000+ worth of camera equips you suck coz you have a piddly entry-level dslr," not realising he is also exhibiting the same thing. "I got PASSION. Something you rich snobs will never understand because you never worked hard for your stuff."

If they do chuck it aside, they can sell it here.. 2nd hand.. under utilized.. maybe not well maintained... but Cheap!!

wahhh don't go there pls... off-topic and another dead-er horse flogging
    LOL.. but it leads to the social stigma of people having such feelings.. LOL!!

CHANGE TOPIC!! haha...

It's true... I'm less passionate now (and also poorer). So I dun shoot with DSLRs anymore. I'm on
    a Yashica-mat now.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast