Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying self-claim photographers.

Default Re: Annoying self-claim photographers.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    by the way,

don't judge a book by its cover.

it's not the gear that matters, it's how you use it.

and why are you so angry at them? do you have the skills to make that proclamation?

or is it as deadpoet said: Sour Grapes?
    time for me to get a UWA and camwhore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tumblrsucks View Post
    Recently, there has been a high rate of teens buying dslr cameras. Do you think they are really into photography? moreover, those cameras were paid by their pitiful parents.
    These bunch of teens would look at a website with pretty pictures and feel like they are in love with photography too. I really want to know what everybody think about this issue. It is driving me nuts. These people with no passion, insulting our passion.
    Why is this even an issue?

Some buy camera for their hobby (photography).
    Some buy camera for their hobby (non-photography) like toy model, aquarium
    Some buy camera cos it looks cool
    Some buy to camwhore
    Some buy because its their rice bowl
    Some are simply gadget collector

Who are we to judge who is deserving to own a camera?

And the fact that they are willing to spend time to look at pictures implies that they are passionate in photo taking isn't it?

No passion cannot own camera???

If somebody has passion, they would fight for it. They would save up all their money to get themselves a camera. While some would rather sit there and wait for a camera to be given to them.
    The only reason why someone would save their pennies for what they want is because they have the passion. The passion that drives them and pushes them on.

You are right, some from rich families can definitely take better photos and those that save up their pennies can't. However we're discussing about passion here and not skills. If a poor person saves up his money just for a camera, he might not have the skills but he definitely would have the passion.
    And so? Is your passion reliant on how others have it, or not?

If someone now gives you a camera as a gift, suddenly you are not a passionate photographer? Passion is not measured by who gives you the equipment, bro.

So far what annoys me most is seeing a lot of people who think they are very good and talented. Aww... and I'm overwhelmed by the amount of "experts" on this forum

does your passion has anything to do with what others have (what cameras they own) or do(how the way they shoot)?

what does others' passion has anything to do with you?

are they step into your frame? or making noises while you compose your shots? or flash their flash while you making an exposure?
    No? than why bother so much??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Everyone has to start somewhere, and the current generation are just more fortunate to start young

Give our future youngsters the benefit of the doubt, and a break!

Ryan

I see nothing wrong with TS. But may I suggest if you see friends with good gears, with or without passion, please just congratulate them for their wonderful gears. Not the other way round thinking they don't deserve one.

Actually, it does irk me a little.. but it's fine. I've seen some really nice shots from them as well.. I admit, there are those that buy D7000s or 550Ds and just use it on auto and pop up flash.. but I realized that it's their money. I guess I would be pissed if i was a pro and lost business to a kid doing that.. but other than that.. there might be some hidden talent among the younger crowd with cameras bought by parents..

If somebody has passion, they would fight for it. They would save up all their money to get themselves a camera. While some would rather sit there and wait for a camera to be given to them.
    The only reason why someone would save their pennies for what they want is because they have the passion. The passion that drives them and pushes them on.

You are right, some from rich families can definitely take better photos and those that save up their pennies can't. However we're discussing about passion here and not skills. If a poor person saves up his money just for a camera, he might not have the skills but he definitely would have the passion.
    Some people are more passionate about the idea of passion rather than the passion they claim to have. Seems like you're one of them, going on and on about passion when all I see are "passionate" rants.

What drives your passion? Do you even know? If you base it on nothing more than suffering, that's really silly, it's like saying that if I throw 20 tonnes of durians on myself and walk through fire for another person it means I really love them a lot.

If you are really passionate, you won't say "oh, I have to save so hard". It's just a necessary thing you have to do. Just like if you want to get the job done and have to walk through mud, etc, you won't harp about it. It's just a means to an end to you. Empty vessels often make the most noise.

Rich people with sports car. Do they really love the car? Or are they buying it for the sack of looking cool.
    Fashion people. Branded goods. Same as cars, they feel superior when they own one.

Cameras. Do they really have the passion for photography? or are they buying it to look good especially when they are camwhoring with their friends.
    Are you them?

Do you know them?

Have you been rich before and bought a sports car? Are you saying all rich people are the same, and all rich people buy these things for feeling superior and looking cool?

You seem like a very unhappy person, my suggestion is to spend your time engaging in more positivity.

Blog Entries

bang bang bang.

lol i thought this was a dead horse already...

nvm. lets flog it more!

Funny... I wonder what was TS actually angry about... sure there are teenagers and there are well to do teenagers who could afford a DSLR (don't care who pay for it). And how the hell TS actually know who is passionate and who is not. Just because he/she had to work hard and fight for whatever he/she like doesn't automatically make others who could get that thing easy as not passionate and annoying.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

So based on TS logic, if say, a poor person with a rich best friend receives DSLR for his birthday, he will be less passionate than the other poor person without any rich friends...

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    So based on TS logic, if say, a poor person with a rich best friend receives DSLR for his birthday, he will be less passionate than the other poor person without any rich friends...
    Ouch
    Almost spilled my morning coffee on the keyboard
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    This.

/thread

I shoot bad pictures of xmm with high end gear.

don't ever give any gifts to ts, it will make him less passionate.
    Last edited by lostsole; 19th July 2011 at 10:50 AM.

Blog Entries

be more positive... people have passion or not its their business, most important its yourself... just heck care lo..
    Lousy de My Flickr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole View Post
    Don't ever give any gifts to TS, it will make him less passionate.
    give me give me.. will motivate me more =DDDDD
    Lousy de My Flickr

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast