29th June 2002, 04:20 PM
29th June 2002, 04:30 PM
comment on the flower pic.
(1) appears to be reasonably sharp and some parts of the flower are in focus. however lack of DOF or rather, failing to focus 0.5-1.0 cm in front of the main flower means that the pistils (is that the correct term?) are not in focus.
(2) the background is messy, distracting and unbalanced (eg: look at the leaf of the right jutting into the frame)
(3) most of the flowers except 1 are pointing away from the camera. Are you photographing (i) the whole plant, (ii) a bunch of flowers, or (iii) a single flower? Decide and compose accordingly.
(4) the composition is unbalanced in the sense that it is 'bottom heavy' with a flower being chopped off at the bottom.
(5) the space to the left and right seems superfluous.
29th June 2002, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the comments erwinx !!
Anyway I'm a newbie and need alot of advices from u all.
BTW, the plant is moving with a light wind blow.