Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here..need help..

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Bluestrike
    One big giant behind and you think that the people there not scare that if they don't give a good price, what will that big guy do.......

Anyway, I think that getting a DC with WB is more imp then IS.
    After all, there is a tripod that you can use. Unless you are thinking off shooting fast pictures, then it another story liao.
    Wah in that case, better bring Bluestrike... no good price he will jump into his Gundam and tear the shop down...

btw what exactly is the use of WB? I don quite understand it. apologies for being so ignorant.

Linus, you were right. It has auto white balance and 4 additional preset. Here's from the review:

On the whole the C-2100UZ's Auto White Balance seems to work quite well, even under difficult light such as strong incandescent (somewhere where automatic white balance normally fails). Unfortunately this isn't the whole story, under those circumstances where you can't get a good white balance with either Auto or one of the four presets you'll have no option but to colour correct the image later as there's no manual preset option.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by mpenza
    Linus, you were right. It has auto white balance and 4 additional preset. Here's from the review:

On the whole the C-2100UZ's Auto White Balance seems to work quite well, even under difficult light such as strong incandescent (somewhere where automatic white balance normally fails). Unfortunately this isn't the whole story, under those circumstances where you can't get a good white balance with either Auto or one of the four presets you'll have no option but to colour correct the image later as there's no manual preset option.
    Yes. I have read the review. Thank you for bringing it up again.

Most prob, i should be getting this camera. Both the olympus' flash options are quite limited which is quite worrying.

sigh..i am still new to this...maybe both of this cameras are too good for me?

sighz..

Originally posted by mpenza

2100 has white balance settings. In fact it has 5 positions, plus manual, which is more than many other cameras.

check this out:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...hod=sidebyside
    Wah lao!

Who got????

Only Auto + a few presets lah!

Dpreview.com screwed up this time!!!

Think they confused with the C-700uz....

Originally posted by Linus

from your avatar, are u using that camera? wat's the difference of the quality of images when there is image stabilisation.

last time, when i was doing video filming, i realise the importance of manual white balancing and the camera u use do not have white balancing. thus, it is going to be a tough choice for me...whether to choose white balancing over image stabaliser.
    Well.....1st of all I have to stress the fact that Image Stabilization does not eliminate all blurriness caused by shaky hands.....if u had originally thought so, sorry to disappoint you.

But what it can do is to allow u to shoot at a slower shutter speed that would otherwise may cause blurriness in cameras w/o IS. E.g. At full zoom (380mm), u would require as a rule of thumb, a shuuter speed of lesser than 1/380 sec to avoid blurriness caused by shakes...but with IS you can take the shot at 1/200 or even 1/150 w/o blurriness.

There are certain times when the Auto WB failed to get the correct WB....but I dare say that most of the times the WB is right on.

Originally posted by sebastiansong

Wah in that case, better bring Bluestrike... no good price he will jump into his Gundam and tear the shop down...

btw what exactly is the use of WB? I don quite understand it. apologies for being so ignorant.
    Well it actually used to "correct" the lght that is entering the lens. Under diff lighting conditions, the colour of the light behaves differently. So to correct it, A preset setting is applied to it to make it look like what your eye see. In other word, GO TRY IT OUT !@!!!#@%!%#$^^#%^&*&*(*)$#

I hate to type!

wah Kevin have I meet you before... I gentle giant lah... all bark and no bite one... think Jayan is the real merchant prince to bring along to AP. I just tag along for show show only...
    Sorry lah, didn't intend to paint you as a mean bouncer. Just like Bluestrike said, If you stand behind Linus, the effect is good enough for AP to quote best price.
    Last edited by Kevin; 31st January 2002 at 06:03 PM.

Another explanation. At different light conditions, the white light to your eyes may not be truely white. Your mind makes it white. Flourescence tube light is a little green-blue, tungsten lamp is a little orange, in the morning, the light is blue and in the noon, it may be slightly red. A digital camera need to know how to adjust to these light so that it gives images similar to what you see. And this ability is known as white balance.

Presets don't always work, flourescent tubes may be blue/green, but putting it behind a shade or a reflecter (light those in underground MRT stations) makes it warmer, less blue. (Just go Outrum now and look at the renovation section where the lamps shade removed, look so blue blue), in such cases, presets options for flourescent lights are going to fail, ending up giving you a margenta image... But well, you can always do post processing on the com...

Originally posted by Jayan

Well.....1st of all I have to stress the fact that Image Stabilization does not eliminate all blurriness caused by shaky hands.....if u had originally thought so, sorry to disappoint you.

But what it can do is to allow u to shoot at a slower shutter speed that would otherwise may cause blurriness in cameras w/o IS. E.g. At full zoom (380mm), u would require as a rule of thumb, a shuuter speed of lesser than 1/380 sec to avoid blurriness caused by shakes...but with IS you can take the shot at 1/200 or even 1/150 w/o blurriness.

There are certain times when the Auto WB failed to get the correct WB....but I dare say that most of the times the WB is right on.
    Yes, I understand that IS doesn't eradicate the problem. Thanks for highlighting.

Are u an owner of 2100uz? Pls comment?
    Flash options seems limited agree?

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Well it actually used to "correct" the lght that is entering the lens. Under diff lighting conditions, the colour of the light behaves differently. So to correct it, A preset setting is applied to it to make it look like what your eye see. In other word, GO TRY IT OUT !@!!!#@%!%#$^^#%^&*&*(*)$#

I hate to type!

u edmwer rite? think i seen u around.

Originally posted by Flare

Another explanation. At different light conditions, the white light to your eyes may not be truely white. Your mind makes it white. Flourescence tube light is a little green-blue, tungsten lamp is a little orange, in the morning, the light is blue and in the noon, it may be slightly red. A digital camera need to know how to adjust to these light so that it gives images similar to what you see. And this ability is known as white balance.

Presets don't always work, flourescent tubes may be blue/green, but putting it behind a shade or a reflecter (light those in underground MRT stations) makes it warmer, less blue. (Just go Outrum now and look at the renovation section where the lamps shade removed, look so blue blue), in such cases, presets options for flourescent lights are going to fail, ending up giving you a margenta image... But well, you can always do post processing on the com...

thanx for sharing the tech..

thanx for sharing the tech..
    No prob.

Yes, I understand that IS doesn't eradicate the problem. Thanks for highlighting.

Are u an owner of 2100uz? Pls comment?
    Flash options seems limited agree?
    Yes, I am.

The pop-up flash offers these options:

Normal
    Red-eye reduction
    Slow-sync (2 modes)
    Suppressed (no flash)

Plus the ability to adjust flash intensity.

For a casual user like myself...these are enuff....

Originally posted by Jayan

Yes, I am.

The pop-up flash offers these options:

Normal
    Red-eye reduction
    Slow-sync (2 modes)
    Suppressed (no flash)

Plus the ability to adjust flash intensity.

For a casual user like myself...these are enuff....
    thanx dude~

Think i know the technical specs enuff liao..
    have told AP that my frens got the camera at 950..but seems not possible.

u edmwer rite? think i seen u around.
    yES you got it rite!

I was in there for a while....... until I found this great place!

thanx dude~

Think i know the technical specs enuff liao..
    have told AP that my frens got the camera at 950..but seems not possible.
    What! Bring Jayan and Sebastian with you. One create the effect and one do the tallking. You bring the money.

How much they quote you then?

Originally posted by Kevin
    What! Bring Jayan and Sebastian with you. One create the effect and one do the tallking. You bring the money.

How much they quote you then?
    initially they quoted me 1050..but after some negotiations..finally 950..

going down to buy it soon..

then shall post my first few pics here.

BTW,..thanks to all of you...you all have been great help!!

Linus,

Which model r u buying?? I am thinking of getting either the 700UZ or 2100UZ, was at carefour yesterday, and the sales person told me to hold off buying OL as they might start giving offer again (free stuff) after CNY.

For $950, what you have?

initially they quoted me 1050..but after some negotiations..finally 950..

going down to buy it soon..

then shall post my first few pics here.

BTW,..thanks to all of you...you all have been great help!!

Originally posted by tangcy
    Linus,

Which model r u buying?? I am thinking of getting either the 700UZ or 2100UZ, was at carefour yesterday, and the sales person told me to hold off buying OL as they might start giving offer again (free stuff) after CNY.

For $950, what you have?

950 includes the standard package with a UV filter.

maybe..i will wait till CNY then
    thanks for telling me..

me getting the 2100UZ..think 700UZ is 900 dollars at superpet.

np, maybe we could get it together, can bargain for more stuff then.

950 includes the standard package with a UV filter.

maybe..i will wait till CNY then
    thanks for telling me..

me getting the 2100UZ..think 700UZ is 900 dollars at superpet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast