Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Singapore ... dull and soul destroying"

Well, at least their government gives shares before election... my government doesn't.
    Last edited by adamadam; 23rd September 2004 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Took away the "haha"

Quote Originally Posted by Amfibius
    Well, allow me to bring it right back on topic then! Singapore is an over-regulated country, where you are told what to think and you better think it or else. If you dare to speak up, you will get sued by the government. Many people who have been too outspoken have had their lives ruined. This kind of thinking extends to the forums run and managed by Singaporeans, where you are only allowed to say certain things before the moderators jump on you to "gently" warn you that you are overstepping the boundaries.

This type of over-regulation of thought has produced a dull society lacking in imagination, where people are too afraid to think independently and all toe the official line. Most of the rebels and the creative people have left Singapore to pursue better lives in other countries. Hear of a brilliant scientist? Former Singaporean. Hear of a brilliant photographer? Former Singaporean. Most of the top people in Singapore are itching to get out precisely because of the kind of oppression that is practiced by the government, and is echoed by the moderators in this forum.

Now i'm counting how many minutes it will take for this post to get deleted and for me to get banned
    Oppression? Echoed by the moderators? Surely you jest.

Meanwhile, for all the rebels & creative people that have left, it's good to see that there are a few left, and brave enough to have their voice heard on, erm, on a photography forum.

Anyway, my prior reminder was to allow everyone to take a step back and use some common sense before someone starts getting out of hand. I was refering to xenophobes and apparently, you seemed to think that i was referring to you.

Now, allow me to put this across to you in a very simple manner. If you wish to voice your dis-satisfaction, by all means, do so. However, after you have done so, you should be well prepared to accept an alternative point of view. And my alternative point of view is that this is neither the place nor the forum to air your discontent.

If you do not appreciate the way this forum is being "oppressed", then by all means, find an alternative forum that caters and panders to your point of view.

This is a ultimately a photography forum. Not a place for disgruntled citizens. There are plenty of forums around with people that actually share your point of view. Maybe you will feel more welcomed there. I'm disappointed to see that someone that has been around in this forum for awhile now actually reacts in such a manner to a reminder. I would have assumed you know better.

Anyhow, my stand is very clear here. How you have represented yourself is another matter altogether. I do not see why a gentle reminder had to be twisted out of context.

Meanwhile, this thread will be locked.

PS: Rueyloon, i do apologies locking up your thread. Do let me know if you wish to re-start the thread. Will be more than happy to help.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 23rd September 2004 at 09:00 PM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Quote Originally Posted by Amfibius
    Well, allow me to bring it right back on topic then! Singapore is an over-regulated country, where you are told what to think and you better think it or else. If you dare to speak up, you will get sued by the government. Many people who have been too outspoken have had their lives ruined. This kind of thinking extends to the forums run and managed by Singaporeans, where you are only allowed to say certain things before the moderators jump on you to "gently" warn you that you are overstepping the boundaries.

This type of over-regulation of thought has produced a dull society lacking in imagination, where people are too afraid to think independently and all toe the official line. Most of the rebels and the creative people have left Singapore to pursue better lives in other countries. Hear of a brilliant scientist? Former Singaporean. Hear of a brilliant photographer? Former Singaporean. Most of the top people in Singapore are itching to get out precisely because of the kind of oppression that is practiced by the government, and is echoed by the moderators in this forum.

Now i'm counting how many minutes it will take for this post to get deleted and for me to get banned
    Since you asked for the ban, I am most glad to do it. But this thread wont get deleted. I will even consider putting it up as sticky to show others how an arrogant and egoistic person like you behaves and thinks as if the whole world owes him a living.

I welcome all different opinions in this forum but I want to make a few things very clear to everyone here

1) ClubSNAP is not your government. You dont pay income tax/salary to us or any moderators or admin here.

2) After having understand point 1, I like everyone to know its a privilege and NOT your right to post in this forum. We have the right to decide whats appropriate and whats not on OUR forum.

3) None of the admin and moderators are here to regulate anyones' behaviour. We arent your guardian or parents to tell you how you should or shouldnt think/do. None of the volunteers here have so much time or free to even do that.

4) Theres nothing wrong with speaking up in this forum. But we will hope everyone to be able to talk nicely and NOT act as if ClubSNAP or anyone owes you a living. Theres nothing wrong with being outspoken too but its a matter of how much you consider other people's feeling and thoughts before putting yours across. There are 1001 ways to put across an idea or thought and why should anyone act as a rebel in the 1st place? Is it because the rebellious person is too brilliant to think of other ways or is it truly because he/she simply doesnt care about all the rest of the people around him/her?

5) Last but not least, please learn how to respect other members in this forum. We may not be as brilliant as you are, but I am sure all the rest of the members know how to care and respect for others more than the person who thinks he is the only one who knows every brilliant scientist/photographer in the world. And in this forum, we need more caring people than a billiant person who only thinks for himself.

I sincerely hope this will be the last person I will ever need to ban and I like to ask for everyone's co-operation and understanding to make this hope comes true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12