Thread: Aperture 3 vs Photoshop (CS5)

Default Aperture 3 vs Photoshop (CS5)

Hey all, just wanna get your opinion on which of these is better. There might not be a "better" I know, I actually do have Photoshop but I find it Difficult to figure. Is aperture 3 any easier?

Aperture is much easier to use. If I just need simple adjustment (exposure, WB, color) I will use Aperture. Have you try using PS camera raw, it is much easier for basic adjustment .

Default Re: Aperture 3 vs Photoshop (CS5)

Both tools have different purposes, a comparison is a bit useless therefore. Photoshop is an editor at pixel level, for comprehensive and extensive editing and processing of images. Aperture is a workflow tool, focusing on import, management / sorting of images and processing without pixel level editing. Editing is limited to tools that work either on entire image or for certain bigger areas (e.g. GND filter). The price for Aperture is also noticeable lower than for Photoshop.
    Use what supports your purpose and your workflow.
    EOS

So is Aperture similar to Lightroom?

Quote Originally Posted by -120- View Post
    So is Aperture similar to Lightroom?
    Quite close. I have used Aperture only once, twice, just to see how it feels. Using LR now all the way.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    Both tools have different purposes, a comparison is a bit useless therefore. Photoshop is an editor at pixel level, for comprehensive and extensive editing and processing of images. Aperture is a workflow tool, focusing on import, management / sorting of images and processing without pixel level editing. Editing is limited to tools that work either on entire image or for certain bigger areas (e.g. GND filter). The price for Aperture is also noticeable lower than for Photoshop.
    Use what supports your purpose and your workflow.
    I see, so can aperture do things like crop someone into the picture and all that stuff. Basically changing things specifically on one area of the photo. Example: brighten one's face since he was standing in the shade. Not brighten the whole picture

Quote Originally Posted by sidloojl View Post
    I see, so can aperture do things like crop someone into the picture and all that stuff. Basically changing things specifically on one area of the photo. Example: brighten one's face since he was standing in the shade. Not brighten the whole picture
    Not really true anymore. Aperture 3 and Lightroom 2/3's brushes allow you to do something similar. Not to the level of Photoshop but I'll say it is sufficient if I need to do something fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Quite close. I have used Aperture only once, twice, just to see how it feels. Using LR now all the way.
    Thank, I had juz migrated to Mac and had this impression that Aperture is Apple's version of Lightroom, then juz realised my copy of Lightroom runs on Mac too. Thank for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by sidloojl View Post
    No, you cannot copy & paste something into the images. But complete or partial treatments are possible, like brighten up, cloning, red eye removal and many other things. The GND filter also helps to treat only tarts of the images.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    No, you cannot copy & paste something into the images. But complete or partial treatments are possible, like brighten up, cloning, red eye removal and many other things. The GND filter also helps to treat only tarts of the images.
    okay, thanks man! I am toying with the idea of getting it now. haha.