Thread: Calibration of monitor

Default Calibration of monitor

I will most probably get the most afforadable Spyder hardware to calibrate my monitor. When I do so, do I remove the filter screen? I am using a CRT monitor.

The spyder is designed to cut out outside light when it calibrating. The filter screen will allow light to leak in. If you intend to do your processing with the filter screen on, i suggest you calibrate the monitor with the filter screen on, at night, and with all the lights off, to minimize stray light.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax
    I will most probably get the most afforadable Spyder hardware to calibrate my monitor. When I do so, do I remove the filter screen? I am using a CRT monitor.
    I am seriously thinking of getting one too. does it work for LCD as well (I use both)? can let me know some details like pricing and where to get?

Deregistered

Yes, Spyder (ColorPlus, Spyder, Spyder Pro) works for CRTs/LCDs.

$199, $350, $650 (last known price from CP)

There's another one called Eye-One Display - Tomshen's doing a MO for it. CP is selling for $600, the MO can get it as cheap as $450.

Cheers.

forgive my ignorance...
    Just hoping that someone would enligtening me n the difference between the 3 versions of sypders, and eye-one display.
    Had been thinking of calibrating my monitors for years, now i'm finally working and able to afford one.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Yes, Spyder (ColorPlus, Spyder, Spyder Pro) works for CRTs/LCDs.

$199, $350, $650 (last known price from CP)

There's another one called Eye-One Display - Tomshen's doing a MO for it. CP is selling for $600, the MO can get it as cheap as $450.

Cheers.
    yah, which version is "at least useable"? I don't need to calibrate professionally, just so it is at least not totally out of whack (better than Adobe Gamma).

BTW where is that MO thread? thanx.

Deregistered

Search for Tomshen's Eye-One Display in consumer's corner, alternatively, you can get Oeyvind to calibrate for you at $50 per visit using Eye-One.

If you want least usable you can go for ColorVision ColorPlus, however, CP's best price (as of yesterday) is now $219 and not $199. Spyder Pro + PrintFix is $755.

thanx man! will go find…

Save yourself some trouble and $$$, check out oeyvind's calibrations service...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=90729

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    thanx man! will go find…
    uncle choy. heres the link. http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=820950

join join

Hi,

anyone of you are using a Spyder Pro currently? Do we have to cover the monitor or switch off the lights before we calibrate the monitor? And which profile settings is the Spyder Pro using as a reference? Thanks!